Help please! Sailing tomorrow!

dleahy4444

We are on the Odyssey tomorrow, checkin time 12:30. I want to book the shows but am afraid that the lines at guest services will be long by time we board. Can I avoid the line and book them on the app or by logging in at the RCCL website and going to cruise planner? Thanks for any helpful tips on getting the shows booked

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

We are on the Odyssey tomorrow, checkin time 12:30. I want to book the shows but am afraid that the lines at guest services will be long by time we board. Can I avoid the line and book them on the app or by logging in at the RCCL website and going to cruise planner? Thanks for any helpful tips on getting the shows booked

The app is the best way to book shows. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The app is the best way to book shows. 

It's great . . . when it's working.  We had a lot of issues booking shows, Northstar and dining room reservations on an October B2B on the Odyssey.  Guest Services tried un-installing and re-installing the app, but still had issues.  There were four of us, each of us had SOME problems.  Everything worked perfectly with the app on the third week on Symphony.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Don’t panic about booking your shows for Odyssey. All shows right now are not requiring you to book ahead of time. You can show up anytime.

The Book is the only show requiring a reservation and you have tons of options during the week to see it.

Relax and not worry about your shows. Have a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

App.  You can't book in the cruise planner, plus your cruise won't even show up anymore.  Guest services will be busy with things that can't be done on the app and booking shows isn't really their job.  Quantum class ships have ipads scattered around if you can't do it on your phone.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Don’t panic about booking your shows for Odyssey. All shows right now are not requiring you to book ahead of time. You can show up anytime.

Really?  That wasn't our experience on our Nov/Dec HOTS cruise, even with low numbers we still had to make reservations.

1 minute ago, BND said:

Really?  That wasn't our experience on our Nov/Dec HOTS cruise, even with low numbers we still had to make reservations.

On Odyssey last week. The only show we had to book was The Book. But we did have to book North Star, iFly, etc. 

• Thanks 1

We started cruising years ago before you had to make plans for shows and reserve alternative dining, reserve shows, reserve activities, etc. I think I liked it much better back then. So easy! Just show up, eat and go to a scheduled show if you felt like it but didn’t have to if you didn’t feel like it. Too much work and Way too much organizing these days! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We were on the 2/6 Odyssey. As mentioned above, the only show that required a reservation was The Book. Maybe it will change when capacity increases. We really enjoyed all the entertainment on ship. We reserved  the NorthStar, as well as The Book, as soon as we got onboard via the app. Have fun!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It's great . . . when it's working.  We had a lot of issues booking shows, Northstar and dining room reservations on an October B2B on the Odyssey.  Guest Services tried un-installing and re-installing the app, but still had issues.  There were four of us, each of us had SOME problems.  Everything worked perfectly with the app on the third week on Symphony.

I couldn't book mine on the app either- forgot if it was Indy or Mariner  I did it the old fashioned way.  I called them on the telephone

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BND said:

When was the last time you were on Odyssey?  I just came off B2B on Odyssey (as OP is asking about), and ticketsunlimited is correct.  The only show you need to book (and can be done easily on the app, but only once on board) is "The Book".  All other shows are first come first.   

14 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you all for your input. Seems like the app is the way to go. I will try it at the terminal, if not, then as soon as we board. I’m sure i will have a great cruise and to all you future cruisers out there: Happy Sailing!

Indeed I tried while waiting inside the terminal before boarding....still had to do it on the ship, and actually was not set up right away (about an hour later, could have been a glitch).  Had no problem making reservations for that only show you will need to reserve. 

Loved "The Book"...don't miss it!  And absolutely do get there early (located aft in 270 lounge) even having reservations...the seating is odd with many of them having obstructed view.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 1:51 PM, island lady said:

Indeed I tried while waiting inside the terminal before boarding....still had to do it on the ship, and actually was not set up right away (about an hour later, could have been a glitch).  Had no problem making reservations for that only show you will need to reserve. 

Loved "The Book"...don't miss it!  And absolutely do get there early (located aft in 270 lounge) even having reservations...the seating is odd with many of them having obstructed view.  

Thanks for the tip. Sorry for the late reply.  I didn’t have the internet package on board. Was able to reserve the Book. I got there early but still had an obstructed view. Despite that, I absolutely loved it!!! Great cruise overall, more passengers and kids that I had anticipated but still a great time. 

• Like 1