MSC Voyager Club ripoff

Go4Golf

About to leave on our MSC cruise and noticed 2 previous cruises aren’t listed on my Voyager Club profile. Called them and they said if the cruise was more than 3 years ago you won’t get credit for it. What the hell?? Surely this can’t be right. Isn’t that the whole point of a loyalty program? We’d be Diamond level if they counted our  cruises from 2013 & 2015. Total ripoff!

Edited by Go4Golf
-

How did you get someone to talk to you.  I had a cruise in Dec that is at 3 months tomorrow that is not added to my voyagers account.  I have been emailing for a month and I called and the person I talked to was useless.  Please let me know the number you called.  Thanks 

As Sidari said ,  you have to cruise within 3 years to retain any level with MSC , , same happens with some other cruise lines , P&O comes to mind . 
Fortunately during Covid the time period was extended for Voyager club members but your dates are long before that sadly . 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

I called 833-270-2063. She was pretty useless also.

We’ve been on 6 MSC cruises, none were more than 3 years apart, so they should all count. I think they messed up my account.

4 hours ago, Go4Golf said:

I called 833-270-2063. She was pretty useless also.

We’ve been on 6 MSC cruises, none were more than 3 years apart, so they should all count. I think they messed up my account.

Hi Go4Golf   Have you sailed within the last 3 years    you need this  to maintain your level or go back to basic member.   They did increase this to 4 due to not sailing the first year of covid so you may still qualify but need to send in the dates etc., by email to query it 

25 minutes ago, deniseatnycs said:

Hi Go4Golf   Have you sailed within the last 3 years    you need this  to maintain your level or go back to basic member.   They did increase this to 4 due to not sailing the first year of covid so you may still qualify but need to send in the dates etc., by email to query it 

Hi! Yes, we cruised with MSC 6x’s between 2013-2019 w/ no 3 year gaps. So something is messed up. I called again and got an email to send to. Hopefully it won’t take months to sort out. I’ll let you know!

4 hours ago, Go4Golf said:

About to leave on our MSC cruise and noticed 2 previous cruises aren’t listed on my Voyager Club profile. Called them and they said if the cruise was more than 3 years ago you won’t get credit for it. What the hell?? Surely this can’t be right. Isn’t that the whole point of a loyalty program? We’d be Diamond level if they counted our  cruises from 2013 & 2015. Total ripoff!

Are you saying 2 cruises that *were* listed are *no longer* listed, or are you saying you just noticed there are 2 cruises that were *never* listed?

FWIW, I had an issue with a cruise not being counted that would have given me Diamond status. I was "assured" that once I boarded my next cruise it would all be taken care of. Of course it wasn't, but I did get someone there (it was the YC director) to give me the free dinner (really the only Diamond perk I cared about). After that I emailed mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com *every day* for just over a month for them to credit me.

Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Are you saying 2 cruises that *were* listed are *no longer* listed, or are you saying you just noticed there are 2 cruises that were *never* listed?

FWIW, I had an issue with a cruise not being counted that would have given me Diamond status. I was "assured" that once I boarded my next cruise it would all be taken care of. Of course it wasn't, but I did get someone there (it was the YC director) to give me the free dinner (really the only Diamond perk I cared about). After that I emailed mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com *every day* for just over a month for them to credit me.

Good luck.

Wow, sounds like MSC gave you the runaround too! Glad you got it worked out.Bad form, MSC!   For me, these 2 cruises were *never* listed on my VC. FWIW, both were booked with a TA (1 Mediterranean, 1 Miami). Per  customer service, I emailed:  mscexistingreservations@msc.cruisesusa.com. 🤞

I'm confused.  If last cruise was 2015, you lost status in 2018.  No ripoff, those were their rules with three year rule at that time until 2020 when they extended due to Corona.

But as a pp stated, only real perk is the free meal.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

I'm confused.  If last cruise was 2015, you lost status in 2018.  No ripoff, those were their rules with three year rule at that time until 2020 when they extended due to Corona.

But as a pp stated, only real perk is the free meal.

No, our last MSC cruise was in 2019. I'm currently at Gold level.

I have taken 6 MSC cruises: 2013, 2015(2), 2016, 2017, 2019. 

The customer service rep said the 2 oldest cruises can't be counted in Voyagers Club because they're more than 3 years old. That doesn't make sense to me because 5 of the 6 cruises are older than 3 yrs.

Anyways, I've emailed them again providing documentation. Hopefully MSC will do the right thing and add these cruises, then I'll be at Diamond level, where I should be, as well as the wife & kids. 

10 hours ago, Go4Golf said:

Wow, sounds like MSC gave you the runaround too! Glad you got it worked out.Bad form, MSC!   For me, these 2 cruises were *never* listed on my VC. FWIW, both were booked with a TA (1 Mediterranean, 1 Miami). Per  customer service, I emailed:  mscexistingreservations@msc.cruisesusa.com. 🤞

So, I would try emailing the address I provided...AFAIK, they are the only ones who can fix this. The others would simply forward whatever you send to them.

That being said, you may be screwed since they were never there. All cruise lines (and airlines) have a time period after which you can no longer get credit for missing travel. I would suggest saying it *was* there and you just noticed it *disappeared*, rather than it was *never* there.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The title of the thread is misleading..

MSC is not charging for Voyagers Club membership.

Definition of rip-off

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: an act or instance of stealing : THEFTalso  : a financial exploitation
2: a usually cheap exploitive imitation
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Go4Golf said:

The customer service rep said the 2 oldest cruises can't be counted in Voyagers Club because they're more than 3 years old. That doesn't make sense to me because 5 of the 6 cruises are older than 3 yrs.

Anyways, I've emailed them again providing documentation. Hopefully MSC will do the right thing and add these cruises, then I'll be at Diamond level, where I should be, as well as the wife & kids. 

I doubt your wife will be at Diamond level unless you took turns in paying the final bill on the ship, I earned Black before my other half because I used my cc to pay the final bill on a number of our cruises. As for the kids I also doubt they would have that level either.

Edited by sidari

On 3/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, Go4Golf said:

Ahh, that makes sense.  In that case, yes, I'd say they should count.  Good luck, you'll need it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, Go4Golf said:

Can I ask where or who you called to get Voyager Club information?  I only have contact information for reservations, not the Voyagers desk. I had questions on my wife's status after our recent B2B.

29 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Can I ask where or who you called to get Voyager Club information?  I only have contact information for reservations, not the Voyagers desk. I had questions on my wife's status after our recent B2B.

You can call whatever number you want, but the voyager club will *only* deal with emails.

'MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com'

I emailed them ever day for about a month and finally got a resolution to my problem.

• Thanks 1

I have been emailing for 2 months for a missing cruise from Dec and still no resolution.  I know it is in vain but I find it absolutely unacceptable that heir customer service is so poor.  The scary thing is that it really seems like they don't care at all.  

1 hour ago, Paphillyguy said:

I have been emailing for 2 months for a missing cruise from Dec and still no resolution.  I know it is in vain but I find it absolutely unacceptable that heir customer service is so poor.  The scary thing is that it really seems like they don't care at all.  

So, not sure if that means 60 days or off and on for 2 month. I *literally* emailed daily. I would just take the email I sent the day before and resend it, so it only took 2 seconds to do. Even when I got the automated responses that someone was working on it - which assigned a case number - I *still* emailed daily.

I started getting case numbers after about 2 weeks...and ended up with maybe a dozen or so cases. One finally got resolved.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

So, not sure if that means 60 days or off and on for 2 month. I *literally* emailed daily. I would just take the email I sent the day before and resend it, so it only took 2 seconds to do. Even when I got the automated responses that someone was working on it - which assigned a case number - I *still* emailed daily.

I started getting case numbers after about 2 weeks...and ended up with maybe a dozen or so cases. One finally got resolved.

I have been doing exactly that for about a month now.