This is the best news!!

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Spectrum will be surplus in July for a months.

There isn’t any other ships available. 
It’s wishful thinking but a Brilliance could  slip through the Panama and replace Radiance in Alaska.
October it will have to be.

5 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I would say October as per usual.  EG  😁…………… although🤔🤔

I can hear those gears turning Graham.

Radiance ?
One of those half empty ships in the Gulf of Mexico could quite easily replace it in Alaska.

Perhaps you’ll get a partial victory on a return to cruising.

I just got an email from Princess cancelling my November cruise on the Royal departing from Sydney. Nothing is scheduled until March of 2023. 

From the Guardian. Ban just got lifted.....

Cruise ship ban to end on 17 April

The federal government has decided to not renew the ban on international cruise ships arriving and departing from Australian ports, with the ban due to expire on 17 April .

In a statement from ministers Greg Hunt, Karen Andrews and Dan Tehan, the annoucement was coupled with a series of measures being introduced to reduce the risk of infection, including “enhanced” pre-arrival reporting and identification, stress testing of the emergency response system and requiring passengers to be double vaccinated.

Hunt said the decision to allow ships to return is based on “medical advice”.

On the basis of medical advice and with the agreement of national cabinet, lifting the cruise ban is consistent with the reopening of Australia’s international border and shows that we have successfully navigated Australia’s emergency response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The minister for trade, tourism and investment, Tehan, said the news was an “important milestone”.

This is great news for the cruise industry, tourism, the broader economy and the Australians who love to take a cruise holiday.

The resumption of cruising is another key step forward in the tourism sector’s recovery from Covid-19.

• Like 1

PO cruises have anounced that they will start sailing from Sydney on May 31st. On le livre of visages.

I'm booked on June 14th but I'm now thinking of cancelling 😵 as the Pacific Explorer is taking over the Pacific Adventure cruises until October and I booked to check out what they did to the old Grand class ship and we booked the Byron Bay Club to try it. I've already been on Explorer so nothing new there for me.

Maybe they were only allowed to start with a smaller ship?

Anyway really glad we have a start date now.🙂

• Like 1

Breaking news - Cruise ban is lifting on the 17th April.
P&O Cruises Australia will announce today plans for return to cruising in Australia from end of May 2022.
Subject to final government approval, P&O is planning for a staggered restart of cruise operations as follows:
• Pacific Explorer® cruising from Sydney beginning 31 May 2022, replacing Pacific Adventure's scheduled program with some additional changes.
• Pacific Encounter® will begin cruising from Brisbane on 20 August 2022.
• Pacific Adventure® to start cruising from Sydney on 22 October 2022, coinciding with Pacific Explorer traveling south to undertake Adelaide and Melbourne departures.

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

PO cruises have anounced that they will start sailing from Sydney on May 31st. On le livre of visages.

That fits with my theory that the regular cruise lines have had prior notice to start preparing their ships for Australian cruising.

1 minute ago, NumnuT_OZ said:

Come on you bloody Kiwi's please lift your cruising ban ASAP!

😉

NZ won't lift its ban any time soon. They are a few months behind us with their Covid outbreaks. We might be lucky to see them allowing ships there in time for Xmas cruises.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

NZ won't lift its ban any time soon. They are a few months behind us with their Covid outbreaks. We might be lucky to see them allowing ships there in time for Xmas cruises.

so your telling me we are a chance at out 23 Dec cruise?

that's all i need to hear!

😉

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That fits with my theory that the regular cruise lines have had prior notice to start preparing their ships for Australian cruising.

I agree with you,  my theory is that P&O had been given some information when they last cancelled their block of Australian cruises due to the fact that they cancelled up to the end of May.

Which is good as they could get a head start on preparation.