Diamond (Black Card) specialty dining perks question

seapad

Thanks everyone, for your speedy replies.  It looks like it is one meal per cabin, so that's still very nice.  We usually go to Butcher's Cut.  Yes, in the old days, when we were Black Card, we got two meals, one per Black Card member, so that's why I wasn't sure.  You guys here on CC are the best!

56 minutes ago, relaxatsea said:

Thanks everyone, for your speedy replies.  It looks like it is one meal per cabin, so that's still very nice.  We usually go to Butcher's Cut.  Yes, in the old days, when we were Black Card, we got two meals, one per Black Card member, so that's why I wasn't sure.  You guys here on CC are the best!

Again, my interpretation of 1 meal per cabin means:

Regardless if 2 Diamond in cabin, you only get 1 meal, NOT 1 meal per Diamond. 

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

Again, my interpretation of 1 meal per cabin means:

Regardless if 2 Diamond in cabin, you only get 1 meal, NOT 1 meal per Diamond. 

Got it, and thanks so much!  Two Diamonds in one cabin, only one free meal for two and only one time, so we plan to enjoy it to the max.

Edited by relaxatsea
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to figure this out w/o a phone call to MSC. I'm diamond, have my own balcony...do I get to bring a friend for the meal for 2 even though they are not in my cabin?

Also, trying to buy specialty meals, I saw the steak place showed $99 per person, but it did not say if that was for ONE night or multiple... yet $71 for THREE specialty meals (only ONE of which can be the steak place)...so if the steak place really is $99 for ONE meal, would be wiser to by the 3 package!! ??

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, tweety64 said:

I'm trying to figure this out w/o a phone call to MSC. I'm diamond, have my own balcony...do I get to bring a friend for the meal for 2 even though they are not in my cabin?

Also, trying to buy specialty meals, I saw the steak place showed $99 per person, but it did not say if that was for ONE night or multiple... yet $71 for THREE specialty meals (only ONE of which can be the steak place)...so if the steak place really is $99 for ONE meal, would be wiser to by the 3 package!! ??

Yes, you can bring a friend for your Diamond meal for 2

The $99 steak offer is for an enhanced offering with a shared tomahawk, seafood platter, etc.  The meal combo package includes a different offering of the tasting meal (limited selection, but very delicious.)  The specialty dining packages are different by ship depending on the # of venues, as well as sailing. For $71 that's a BARGAIN.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tweety64 said:

Yes, the meal for 2 is what it says on the tin....2 people, provided the card used for their system is Diamond i.e. yours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tweety64 said:

We were firmly told no on the Merlaviglia last February. I was travelling with My Mother-in-Law but had separate cabins.  We even asked to speak with a manager who refused to budge since she was not staying the the same cabin. We got up and left. 

• Like 1

We have a cruise booked, 7 nights from Barcelona later this month on Grandiosa. We noticed a one night cruise from Palma, Mallorca, to Barcelona the previous day on Meraviglia. Having often been in Barcelona, we decided to book this one nighter to facilitate a few days in Palma pre-cruise and then use the one night cruise as a 'ferry' to Barcelona.

My question is, as Diamond status are we still entitled to the free specialty meal on a one night cruise? Despite sailing MSC probably 7 or 8 times now, we have never done a one nighter! 

56 minutes ago, hamrag said:

We have a cruise booked, 7 nights from Barcelona later this month on Grandiosa. We noticed a one night cruise from Palma, Mallorca, to Barcelona the previous day on Meraviglia. Having often been in Barcelona, we decided to book this one nighter to facilitate a few days in Palma pre-cruise and then use the one night cruise as a 'ferry' to Barcelona.

My question is, as Diamond status are we still entitled to the free specialty meal on a one night cruise? Despite sailing MSC probably 7 or 8 times now, we have never done a one nighter! 

Their EULA specifically says that a 4 nights cruise is required for many advantages (coktail party, dance party, evening party), mostly we can think because such events are not available every nights. They say nothing regarding the free dining experience. I would definitely ask for a meal!

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Specialty Restaurant dinner, Spumante with Macarons in cabin and Chocolate gift  was not offered on the shorter cruises under 7 nights which I have done.

9 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Specialty Restaurant dinner, Spumante with Macarons in cabin and Chocolate gift  was not offered on the shorter cruises under 7 nights which I have done.

We had all of that on a 6 night cruise pre-Covid, in the Med.

9 hours ago, iwtobek said:

Their EULA specifically says that a 4 nights cruise is required for many advantages (coktail party, dance party, evening party), mostly we can think because such events are not available every nights. They say nothing regarding the free dining experience. I would definitely ask for a meal!

Yes, that's exactly what I find, so we do intend availing ourselves of said perk!

11 hours ago, hamrag said:

Hi Hamrag

We have, a two nighter followed by a 7 night cruise and diamond meal on both sailings 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:45 AM, LifeonMars said:

I just did a 3 day divina and the specialty restaurant dinner, along with Spumante and Macarons were included, but no chocolate gift and the dance lessons offered on ship were free anyway.