Club Class Breakfast

Sea Hag

I was looking at the Discovery Princess info on their website and anticipating our August cruise. I came across this little nugget under Club Class dining.

Open every evening for dinner. Open for breakfast and lunch on sea days.

Now, I'm absolutely sure that Club Class breakfast on port days was a thing in the past. Has that gone away? If so, drat.

Club Class breakfast is open whenever the main dining room is open - every evening for dinner, sea days for lunch, and every morning for breakfast.

The problem is that their language is not clear. The "on sea days" modifies "lunch" - it does not modify "breakfast and lunch".

I found another description of CLUB CLASS DINING that was clearer. Under "Your Table Is Waiting for You", it says "Club Class Dining is available for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Club Class breakfast is open whenever the main dining room is open - every evening for dinner, sea days for lunch, and every morning for breakfast.

The problem is that their language is not clear. The "on sea days" modifies "lunch" - it does not modify "breakfast and lunch".

I found another description of CLUB CLASS DINING that was clearer. Under "Your Table Is Waiting for You", it says "Club Class Dining is available for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days."

I agree with the language breakdown you gave. As you say, it's not clear. I saw it and feared the worst. I want my crepes for breakfast! 🤣

• Haha 2

Just to be clear,  how does club class breakfast in the MDR differ from a standard MDR breakfast. 

To be honest,  we gave never got up early enough to eat breakfast in the MDR,  but we have a club class cabin on our next cruise,  so might be tempted to get up early if the breakfast is sufficiently attractive.

Bucks Fizz,  with freshly scrambled eggs (not the pre-made slop) and smoked salmon on wholemeal toast,  accompanied by a pot of English Breakfast tea ?

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...I'll bite. What is Bucks Fizz?

Champagne and freshly squeezed orange juice. 

Two parts champagne to one part orange juice. 

A Mimosa is a watered down version, with two parts O/J to one part champagne,  so hardly worth drinking !

Edited by Billish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billish said:

Just to be clear,  how does club class breakfast in the MDR differ from a standard MDR breakfast. 

It has the standard breakfast menu of the day and also an add-on item. That add-on has been some type of crepe when we've had club class. Some days it's a sweet crepe; some days it's savory. It's a little thing, but I enjoy it. Also, like lunch and dinner, the service is much better. We don't always get club class, but I like it when we do.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

It has the standard breakfast menu of the day and also an add-on item. That add-on has been some type of crepe when we've had club class. Some days it's a sweet crepe; some days it's savory. It's a little thing, but I enjoy it. Also, like lunch and dinner, the service is much better. We don't always get club class, but I like it when we do.

Thanks for the info on the crepes in Club Class. We have CC on our next cruise and I love crepes so I’ll be sure to check this out. I typically just grab a quick bite at the IC but now I have a reason to try something new. I just assumed CC was the same as the MDR breakfast.

3 hours ago, Billish said:

To be honest,  we gave never got up early enough to eat breakfast in the MDR,  but we have a club class cabin on our next cruise,  so might be tempted to get up early if the breakfast is sufficiently attractive.

Bucks Fizz,  with freshly scrambled eggs (not the pre-made slop) and smoked salmon on wholemeal toast,  accompanied by a pot of English Breakfast tea ?

Club Class does not include a mimosa. Full suite breakfasts in the specialty restaurant does. If you have the alcohol package then it's included. 

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wait!! You can get crepes??

Not on the Regal last month nor on the Majestic last August.  The Club Class breakfast menu was exactly the same as the rest of the MDR.  The only difference was that Club Class had no lines and we got to interact with the same waitstaff every day.

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wait!! You can get crepes??

We got them on the Royal pre-pandemic, and I was hopeful of getting them again in August. Looks like from what azbirdmom says they're long gone. Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, STEVENJAN said:

Can you order Off-menu with CC? We have it on Grand this Friday for 10 days. If they don't have anything that appeals to us can we order a wedge salad for instance or steak frite as an entre?

You can always ask. I've been successful in getting a plate of pineapple at breakfast, but that's as far as I've gone with off-menu items.

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

You can always ask. I've been successful in getting a plate of pineapple at breakfast, but that's as far as I've gone with off-menu items.

Oh, I'll ask. I was just hoping for successful experiences.  

56 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

We got them on the Royal pre-pandemic, and I was hopeful of getting them again in August. Looks like from what azbirdmom says they're long gone. Oh well. 

It could be a temporary thing or gone for good.  I would order crepes for sure.  I'm not much of a breakfast person and pancakes or yogurt gets old after a while!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, STEVENJAN said:

Can you order Off-menu with CC? We have it on Grand this Friday for 10 days. If they don't have anything that appeals to us can we order a wedge salad for instance or steak frite as an entre?

The extra entree in club class is a set item. You cannot order whatever strikes your fancy

If there is something you would like that is not on the menu one has been able - in the past  - to request it for the next night. Many people have reported success with that approach. A man at our table on one cruise mentioned to the waiter that he loved the great onion rings on Lido deck but they were almost always all gone when he went to get them. The next night the waiter presented our table of 8 with a large platter of perfectly made golden brown onion rings. The guy didn't even really ask for them - he only mentioned how much he liked them - and they magically appeared the next night.

Another thing one has been able to order that isn't exactly on the menu is to order the Fettuccine Alfredo and ask them to slice a chicken breast on top. This is something I've seen referenced multiple times. It never hurts to ask...

• Like 1