room service questions

luvs2beachit

Haven't cruised in a few years and I am reading that there have been multiple changes on the ships since cruising has resumed so I am

wondering if room service is still available and if so has the service been modified or changed.  I am doing a B2B on the 

Magic in June.

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, luvs2beachit said:

Haven't cruised in a few years and I am reading that there have been multiple changes on the ships since cruising has resumed so I am

wondering if room service is still available and if so has the service been modified or changed.  I am doing a B2B on the 

Magic in June.

Thanks 

Just got off a ship yesterday and yes room service is still available.  Our friends in a different cabin used the breakfast room service several times. There is still a complimentary limited menu for breakfast. That just had to hang the menu on the door. The room service menu for the rest of the day was available on the Carnival Hub App.  I looked briefly at it. Several item including hot items available for a fee. 

• Like 1

Room service is available for select items for free until 10pm (things like ham and cheese, grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and BLT are free).  After 10pm the entire menu has a charge.  The room service on my last cruise on the Vista in March was extremely slow, had to wait at least an 1 to hour and half for cold burnt food.  Hopefully by the time you go they will have more staff to handle to quantity of people.

• Like 1

We ordered room service on Freedom and Horizon.  Food came within 20 minutes (that was the time frame they told us it would be delivered in.). Got the chicken wings, chicken strips, sweet potato fries - all for an extra charge of $5 or $6, depending on the item.  Food was very good - better than some hotels we have been in.  Make sure you order ketchup, and/or whatever sauce you may want with whatever you order.

11 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

Magic in June.

Thanks 

Ill be on the Magic for the June 20th sailing. 

7 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Most unfortunately, room service results in
this unsightly wreckage in the hallways..

Wreckage-350.jpg

That is what you are instructed to do.  A separate crew member is assigned to pick them up and they don't have room access

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

Agree w Aplmac.  They are left for hours and I don't particularly like to see other people's half eaten food on the floor.   Leave the tray in your room!  Your steward will take it the next morning.   As for room service, use the hang tag for morning coffee and pastries.  It is delivered at the time you specify, or a bit earlier.

No, the room steward doesn't.  

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:42 PM, pc2425 said:

Actually John Heald posted that they want you to put the trays in the hallway instead of leaving it in your room.

and my last cruise it also said somewhere while I was on the ship to put in hallway as well. 

• Like 1

Yes, put your tray in the hallway, but please put a napkin over it! I think depends on what ship you’re on as to how quickly it’s picked up. On Magic I’ve seen the trays sit for hours, but last week on Spirit, things were picked up quickly. Room service for morning coffee was great! I put my tag out before bedtime, and coffee arrived as I had requested, a few minutes earlier in all cases.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2022 at 12:24 PM, 80sGal said:

Leave the tray in your room!  Your steward will take it the next morning. 

Not cool. You're creating more work for your steward when you do that. It's not their job, it's the job of room service to collect the dishes from the hallway where Carnival has repeatedly said to leave them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

We don't order room service but someone put their tray in front of our doorway a few years back. 

Same here,  I didn’t appreciate seeing the next door cabin actually, intentionally doing it.  Was arrive to my cabin from the stairs and turned the corner to seeing that.  

Without causing any problems I place their tray back at their cabin door. 

should’ve ding dong ditch on them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, hillbilly cruiser said:

On the Horizon last month there were no paper menue , except breakfat,t in the room. There was a QR code on the mirror over the desk to get it.

We just booked the Horizon for July, our first bigger ship.  Did you enjoy and would you be sharing good times?

18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I wonder what happens if you call room service to pick up?

I'm sure they hurry right over - lol

I wonder too.    In fact next time I see a congregation like that

I'm going to call room service and arrange a pickup!

As should everyone reading this.