Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Just now, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I think, among Oasis-Class ships, Wonder and now Utopia are a nice match for PC and might just stay.

As someone not excited by Icon, I'd welcome this with open arms!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

As someone not excited by Icon, I'd welcome this with open arms!

It could theoretically swap with Wonder. As someone else said, Utopia won’t have enough entertainment for a week-long sailing so I imagine it will stick with short cruises for many years.  They could put in Effectors III and call it a day lol

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

It could theoretically swap with Wonder. As someone else said, Utopia won’t have enough entertainment for a week-long sailing so I imagine it will stick with short cruises for many years. 

The entertainment is a valid point unless they were able to insert in-house shows with entertainers trained in Miami or went with guest headliners like non-Wonder Oasis class ships.

The royal theater is there, it would just be a matter of how much they can or would want to bring in to facilitate a show or two.

As someone who largely sails for the ship and loves CocoCay, if the price of a Utopia 3/4 B2B was roughly similar to a 7-night cruise out of PC on XYZ in the future, I could see myself doing more of them.

Edited by OCSC Mike

21 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

It could theoretically swap with Wonder. As someone else said, Utopia won’t have enough entertainment for a week-long sailing so I imagine it will stick with short cruises for many years.  They could put in Effectors III and call it a day lol

That was me who said it.  And that's a big no thank you to an Effectors III... I'd rather go to a Love and Marriage show every night then sit through any version of Effectors again.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

That was me who said it.  And that's a big no thank you to an Effectors III... I'd rather go to a Love and Marriage show every night then sit through any version of Effectors again.

We need as many Effectors shows as there are Fast and Furious movies lol…

To be fair, Effectors II was more enjoyable than Tap Factory to me. Not a high bar, I realize! What if the choice was Effectors III or Cats?

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheHawk1 said:

I'm not a show guy (have yet to see a single Broadway show at sea) and didn't care for Voices or Tap Factory at all but I didn't mind Effectors II.

That said, I wouldn't ever see it again. We saw every show on Wonder a couple weeks ago and on future Wonder cruises will only bother with adult comedy (which is fine with us).

15 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

To be fair, Effectors II was more enjoyable than Tap Factory to me. Not a high bar, I realize! What if the choice was Effectors III or Cats?

@John&LaLathey are bad mouthing your cats again. 

At least cats is a real broadway play. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Adventure has Friday departures.  S2S Adventure to Utopia.

Or, gasp!, spend a night in a hotel in between Wonder and Utopia.  

My son is doing wedding on a 4 day Allure in November, then honeymoon on Wonder. Coming back to our place for Friday and Saturday night

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Don't forget Royal's new beach club in Nassau will be opening soon.   There will be a new reason to get off soon, assuming we can afford it.  Go early, in a year or two it will be so popular rates will go up.   

Have they started it?

I didn't think they even finished the new pier updates

40 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

CAT'S 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

About the only switch I could see is moving one of the two further south and Icon up to PC at some point.

Personally, I see and Oasis Class ship staying here in Port Canaveral Florida doing the 3/4 night runs if this ends up being a success, which we should know in a few months when Allure arrives in late October. I do however see Wonder being swapped out for either Icon or Icon II whenever the second one comes online. This makes the most sense as that class will fit perfectly in Port Canaveral and especially for doing those week long cruises. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It never bothered me. A Tiki bar sounds fun, though

I loved seeing the Pesky Parrot listed--figured it would be a Tiki bar like on Navigator and Mariner.  (Bamboo Room)  

• Like 3

Even though many of us were expecting the 3 & 4 night itineraries, it was disappointing to see. 

An extra turnaround day in the week will keep us from sailing her.  

Hoping for some 7 day itineraries at some point. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

Even though many of us were expecting the 3 & 4 night itineraries, it was disappointing to see. 

An extra turnaround day in the week will keep us from sailing her.  

Hoping for some 7 day itineraries at some point. 

The 3 & 4 night itineraries are not at all disappointing for many people.

• Like 4