SCAM Alert for Cancelled passengers from the NCL Escape. SCAM Alert

scavenger

All, just received this email in regards to my cancelled 4/9 booking on the escape.

I believe this to be a scam/fishing attempt.  Note the email address (originating), note that no names are used and it does not match the previous letters from NCL cancellations.  Spread the word, protect the other cruisers from these bottom feeding scum.

--------------------------------------------------

noreply <noreply@arrivia.com>

10:49 AM (1 minute ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to

Dear Valued Member, 

As the world continues to heal from the pandemic, it is important to note that the top priority for everyone in our industry continues to be the health and safety of our customers, the crew onboard those gorgeous ships we love to sail on, and the many ports and communities we visit. Still, it is never easy to inform you when the cruise lines suspend their service.  

Due to the repairs onboard Norwegian Escape taking longer than initially expected, the Norwegian Escape voyage that was scheduled for April 9, 2022, has been canceled.

Currently, we are contacting all our valued members and asking that you acknowledge your cruise suspension by clicking HERE and submitting the applicable information on or before April 6, 2022. If we do not receive your acknowledgement, with your selection of the applicable option(s) offered by the cruise line, we will automatically apply for a refund* on your behalf.  

*Refunds always apply to your original form of payment. In other words, if you paid for all or a portion of your cruise by using a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) from the cruise line, the portion paid for with your FCC does not qualify for a cash refund. Instead, your FCC will be returned to your cruise line account.   

All refunds, regardless of form of payment, can take between 45-60 days. 

Due to heavy call volume, we ask that you simply submit this form with the applicable selection. Please note that due to the numerous policies the cruise lines have adopted during Covid-19, we are unable to guarantee a refund unless your affected booking specifically qualifies.  

We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this challenging time. Please know that we value your patronage and look forward to assisting you in rescheduling your cruise vacation. It is truly a pleasure to serve you.  

Kindest regards,  

Our Vacation Center  

• Thanks 1

If you got a phishing email, forward it to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at reportphishing@apwg.org . If you got a phishing text message, forward it to SPAM (7726). Step 2. Report the phishing attack to the FTC at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

If you got a phishing email, forward it to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at reportphishing@apwg.org

How do we know that's not a virus site you are sending us to?  You look kind of shady in your pic.  😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

How do we know that's not a virus site you are sending us to?  You look kind of shady in your pic.  😉

There is this fantastic new web site called Google.com where you can actually search for information and find out if it is site he is "sending us to" is legit or not.  Give it a try, it works great!

5 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

There is this fantastic new web site called Google.com where you can actually search for information and find out if it is site he is "sending us to" is legit or not.  Give it a try, it works great!

Yea, I'm a retired I.T. guy.   I was making a joke with that gentleman.  Why are you always such a complete tool on this forum?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ColeThornton said:

Yea, I'm a retired I.T. guy.   I was making a joke with that gentleman.  Why are you always such a complete tool on this forum?

I got the joke.. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got it as well.  To be clear, No links were live in the image I posted, or should have been, so no redirects attempted.  And no offense taken by the "Gentleman" comment either, my teenagers tell me that is not a cool thing ("sick" is the actual term used apparently... sigh.. kids these days)..

J/k 🙂

I'm a USAA member and my TA uses both arrivia.com and our vacation center in order to communicate via email with me.

Did you book using USAA's explorer cruise travel?

- WYB

1 hour ago, scavenger said:

I got it as well.  To be clear, No links were live in the image I posted, or should have been, so no redirects attempted.  And no offense taken by the "Gentleman" comment either, my teenagers tell me that is not a cool thing ("sick" is the actual term used apparently... sigh.. kids these days)..

J/k 🙂

Actually, there does seem to be a live link in the word "HERE" in what you copied in your post. (There seems to be an attached online address anyway; I'm not going to click to try it!).  Too bad you couldn't have deleted that and inserted something like "link deleted"...

As for IF NCL IS USING THE "ARRIVIA" BIT... SHAME ON THEM.  Why obscure who they are?

And also encourage their clients to click on non-verified links embedded in emails??

It's like one of my "personal favorites" (NOT!):  When financial institutions tell you NEVER to click on links in emails, or even imply that doing so could violate their terms and thus your consumer protections...

... and then they send an email, instructing you to CLICK ON THE EMBEDDED LINK to get <some important information>, rather than something like, "Please go to our regular website - or Please log in to your own account - and there will be a message about XYZ..."

Great way to encourage good computer hygiene (NOT!).

😱

</rant>

GC

3 hours ago, scavenger said:

J/k 🙂

2 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Actually, there does seem to be a live link in the word "HERE" in what you copied in your post. (There seems to be an attached online address anyway; I'm not going to click to try it!).  Too bad you couldn't have deleted that and inserted something like "link deleted"...

GC

Yes, definitely a live link there in OP's original post... 

The problem is NCL sent me an email on Friday, the day before my cancelled Escape cruise reminding me to watch the Safety video before boarding. NCL notification was never mad and that wasn't the only email from NCL reminding me about upcoming cruise!

7 hours ago, roboref said:

The problem is NCL sent me an email on Friday, the day before my cancelled Escape cruise reminding me to watch the Safety video before boarding. NCL notification was never mad and that wasn't the only email from NCL reminding me about upcoming cruise!

Does the left hand ever know what the right hand is doing? 🤣

• Like 1