Covid Testing On Date of Departure Not Accepted

67Miner

The one-day (not 24 hours as many state) testing requirement (unique for Spain---don't blame Celebrity) has been widely discussed on the Reflection TA Roll Call.  Several have reported their ability to schedule rapid tests in FLL on Easter.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

Further information.  This is the communication I received from Celebrity that's specific to my cruise date>. Very clearly it shows collection date from 4/17 to 4/18.

Requirements

Vaccine Icon

Vaccination
Required

AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Covishield, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Novavax, Pfizer, Sinopharm, Sinovac

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different approved manufacturers. Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

COVID Test Icon

Pre-Arrival Negative Test
Required

COVID 19 PCR TEST , or COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST

Collected from: 04/17/2022 - 04/18/2022

COVID Test Icon

Embarkation Negative Test
Not Required

COVID 19 ANTIGEN TEST
Sail Date: 04/18/2022

COVID Test Icon

Debarkation Negative Test
Not Required

Debarkation Date: 05/03/2022

What you've posted above shows pre-arrival negative test collected from 4/17-4/18 for your cruise which departs 4/18.  SO therefore, isn't everything actually ok for you??  You CAN take your test on 4/18.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Testing must be done on Easter.  I think he's mistaken stating "no public or private testing center open on Easter Sunday."

I  live in Ormond Beach, Fl.  The primary testing sites are Walgreens and CVS.  Neither are available on. Easter Sunday.  Although the stores are open, the testing services will not be available.   Local government testing sites are never open on Sundays.  The point of my post is that I have received  conflicting information -- one says no testing on day of departure and another that clearly states collection date of April 17 and 18. 

3 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

The point of my post is that I have received  conflicting information -- one says no testing on day of departure and another that clearly states collection date of April 17 and 18. 

Ok, it wasn't clear that you received 2 conflicting set of instructions. You only posted one that I assumed you misread because I didn't know about the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

I  live in Ormond Beach, Fl.  The primary testing sites are Walgreens and CVS.  Neither are available on. Easter Sunday.  Although the stores are open, the testing services will not be available.   Local government testing sites are never open on Sundays.  The point of my post is that I have received  conflicting information -- one says no testing on day of departure and another that clearly states collection date of April 17 and 18. 

Could you be interpreting the "no testing on day of departure" perhaps incorrectly - maybe it means that Celebrity itself will not test you on the day of departure - as has been reported, some cruise lines will test passengers on departure date for those that had issues getting tested.   But that you can take your test the day before as per the communication which you posted above.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

I just dummy-booked at 09:30 appt in the Walgreens on Beville Rd in Daytona for Sunday, the 17th.  I think you should check again.

• Thanks 1

This language is pretty clear for upcoming TA's. I would ignore the one-off email. Test on Easter Sunday or on Monday departure.

* For itineraries that have port of call OR end in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam, pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

This language is pretty clear for upcoming TA's. I would ignore the one-off email. Test on Easter Sunday or on Monday departure.

* For itineraries that have port of call OR end in Spain, Italy or Amsterdam, pre-arrival test must be within one day of sailing regardless of homeport.

The email we received from Celebrity last week states 2 days for the TA to Amsterdam, so what do you believe 

PRE-ARRIVAL COVID-19 TEST
Our boarding requirements include that, in addition to documentation of full vaccination, all guests must present at embarkation a negative COVID-19 test result. This test can be either an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days* of boarding the ship. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense.
* For itineraries that have a port of call in Spain OR that end in Spain, the pre-arrival test must be taken within one day of sailing, regardless of homeport.

21 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

Walgreens and CVS.  Neither are available on. Easter Sunday. 

I'm on the Walgreens site right now, and can select NAAT testing on Sunday at both locations on W Granada.

Screenshot 2022-04-11 14.54.23.png

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I assume this is a transatlantic stopping in a Spanish port.

Rules for some in the UK going on a cruise that stops in Spain,,the one I am going on on 21st April stops in Spain need a LFT (Antigen) in the 24 hrs before sailing.

If this applies to the US the OP is right,,they will have to find a test on Easter Sunday.

Take a look at the Roll Call for Silhouette on the 21st this lack of protocol information for European cruises is creating a lot of bad feeling towards Celebrity.

1 hour ago, 67Miner said:

I, then, recommend that you go with the 'date' you are most comfortable with.

I would recommend that you go with the date which X has posted to its' website or official communication... if both are official from X, then call to have them clarify which is the correct date.

In health and bon voyage

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

I'm on the Walgreens site right now, and can select NAAT testing on Sunday at both locations on W Granada.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Here is what I found on the CVS and Walgreens websites:

C0AF1EDB-AD9E-46BF-9AB7-045DB1D99ACE.jpeg

2F8A9E3B-38A0-4FD6-81C5-847F141FFCCF.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

From X's UK website here.

Under the heading 'Testing & Screening'.

In health and bon voyage

Thank you. That has only been put up today so just read it thank you. Weirdly the op has just posted test collected 17 or 18 April which is including the boarding date of 18  so I’m even more confused that he’s not allowed to test on boarding 

29 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

Here is what I found on the CVS and Walgreens websites:

C0AF1EDB-AD9E-46BF-9AB7-045DB1D99ACE.jpeg

2F8A9E3B-38A0-4FD6-81C5-847F141FFCCF.jpeg

Just take the NAAT test, it's a Rapid Return. I don't believe any Walgreen offers the Rapid Antigen test. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just take the NAAT test, it's a Rapid Return. I don't believe any Walgreen offers the Rapid Antigen test. 

Yes, I have noticed in scoping out pre-cruise testing that Walgreen's generally seems to have only Rapid NAAT tests (when they have rapid tests at all), while CVS generally only has rapid Antigen (when they have rapid tests).  I use the word "generally" only because I have obviously not checked this in all locations, just a small handful of locations.

Tom & Judy