Early Flight out of FLL

Allure is scheduled to arrive in Port Everglades at 6:15 a.m. on Sunday, 6/19/2022.  Is it probable to make a 9:40 a.m. flight out of FLL if we take our own bags off the ship?  I read on older posts about some people getting to FLL by 8 a.m. but maybe things have changed since Covid protocols.  TIA!   

We've done this twice in the last 4 months, once on the Odyssey and once on the Celebrity Edge.  For the Odyssey we were at the FLL airport by 715am via taxis and for the Edge disembarking in FLL we we're at MIA by 8am with taking an Uber.   Keep in mind both ships we're sailing about 1/2 full. 

26 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Ditto on the backup plan. Our recent PE/FLL cruise had minimal delays disembarking but SUBSTANTIAL delays at the airport, even with TSA Precheck.

I just booked a flight home next spring break, for march 19 going home at 11:20 am .. and a bit worried. Oasis during spring break and apt to be full. 

I'm thinking taxi too. The price alone tells me its primo spring break week. 

• Like 1

we had a 10:20 am flight on our very first cruise because we didn't know better. We were literally running to the gate and saw them start to close it while we were still running. We made it. But we haven't purchased a return flight earlier than 11:50 am out of FLL ever since. Oh, and by the way, our embarkation on that cruise was horrendous - took several hours of sitting in some kind of a waiting room. We later learned that it wasn't the norm.

And there was one time when we didn't even get off the ship until after noon due to severe customs delays. Thankfully, our FLL flight was at 5 pm.

Our return on one of the cruises in 2019 was spoiled by looooooong lines for taxis and ubers. I don't even know what happened, but we waited for over an hour.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

Ships are typically on time arriving. Delays are the exception , not the norm.

But they do happen from time to time.

We had a jumper off the Oasis the last night of the cruise and we were late arriving. Was a tad messy for early departure pax that day .🙂

Do self-disembark and you will probably be ok. 

• Like 1

Do you have passports?  If so, facial recognition really makes getting through Customs super fast.  

If you don’t have passports, you’ll have to wait in a line to be handled by an official.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, D4 said:

Do you have passports?  If so, facial recognition really makes getting through Customs super fast.  

If you don’t have passports, you’ll have to wait in a line to be handled by an official.

When I got off my cruise last year the line for passports was basically empty but the line for birth certificates was 100 deep

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just off odyssey in April when the ship was at 95% capacity, had a flight at 10:40 out of FLL. We walked off the ship around 8 am, got a taxi quickly, we are tsa pre so that was quick. At our gate with well over an hour to spare before boarding.

I wouldn't do it. Too many variables. We were on a cruise a few years ago and the Coast Guard did a surprise inspection and the ship was held up about 2.5 hours. Causing many, many passengers to miss flights. Luckily for us we had a post cruise hotel reservation. 

• Like 1