Celebrity Fleet Guide with Future Ship Renovation Dates

newtocruiseinblue

55 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

BDC9590E-F327-4568-96E9-ABFF1955AC62.thumb.jpeg.321c2ace6d91f473801326466727322f.jpegFound this Celebrity Fleet Guide that includes ship renovation dates. It is dated 3/14/22

Appear to be scheduled maintenance dry dock dates - for example they're hardly going to "renovate"  Apex when she's only 5 years old!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Appear to be scheduled maintenance dry dock dates - for example they're hardly going to "renovate"  Apex when she's only 5 years old!

Yes, true! I just thought it was a good guide as so many people ask every week about certain ships, such as the Infinity and Constellation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

I believe that the “revolutions”were on hold during Covid.  This is on the website today.

0078C8E5-4649-42F6-99CA-B73FDB308AE8.png

When a revolution is done, do they change the balcony configurations as well? I know there are a lot of mixed reviews on the edge staterooms.

2 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

BDC9590E-F327-4568-96E9-ABFF1955AC62.thumb.jpeg.321c2ace6d91f473801326466727322f.jpegFound this Celebrity Fleet Guide that includes ship renovation dates. It is dated 3/14/22

Thank you for posting. Good to have post-pandemic documentation of dry dock schedules. 

• Like 1

I think some updates are required :

Silhouette was Revolutionised in February 2020, yet they have her down for another dry dock BEFORE Eclipse, which missed her Revolution in April 2020, due to COVID.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

The IV balconies of the E Class are part of the structure. I can't see how they can be changed.

Correct. Again IV cabins are nothing more than Oceanview cabins with an operating window. It is IMPOSSIBLE, I repeat, IMPOSSIBLE to change an IV cabin into a traditional balcony room.i don't know why people keep thinking that there's any type of plans to do so. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

The IV balconies of the E Class are part of the structure. I can't see how they can be changed.

Somehow the structure supports balconies for the suites, they just need to replicate that structure to convert the IV staterooms into true balcony staterooms.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Somehow the structure supports balconies for the suites, they just need to replicate that structure to convert the IV staterooms into true balcony staterooms.

If they wanted to do that they possibly could have changed  the Beyond. They certainly could do away with IVs for the Ascent and I’ve seen no indication they are changing o balconies.  

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

If they wanted to do that they possibly could have changed  the Beyond. They certainly could do away with IVs for the Ascent and I’ve seen no indication they are changing o balconies.  

Agreed, it appears that Celebrity wants to double down on a bad decision.    MSC offers a mix of IV type cabins and traditional balconies on their newest ships.  One difference is that MSC categorizes their IV type cabins as Oceanview not a balcony cabin.  Maybe Celebrity can learn something from MSC.

28 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Agreed, it appears that Celebrity wants to double down on a bad decision. 

FWIW design decisions were completed for Beyond before Edge ever sailed in 2018. Ascent is well under construction. There is no chance E class #5 will have a different design. 

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Agreed,   If Celebrity didn't like the IV they would have probably cancelled the orders after Apex, not continue building more...

I’m so glad E-Class has IVs. Love them as do many others. Having different designs is kind of the point of different class ships. 

Love the M-Class for the Spa Pool. Love the S-Class for the openness, the Observation Lounge and the top decks. Love the E-Class for the 4 MDRs, IVs and Eden. 

able to cruise X and have differing experiences. 

den

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

First of all you're assuming that's what Celebrity executives are looking to do. Why do you think that? 

Thankfully, Celebrity made a major design correction with the Century class ships.  When the lead ship, Century, came out in 1995, she did not have any non-suite balcony staterooms.  By then the balcony boom in the cruise industry had already begun.  In fact she still holds the Celebrity fleet record for having most outside cabins on a ship--at least until balconies were retrofitted on her years later.

By the time the other two Century class ships were built--Galaxy (1996) and Mercury (1997)--they each had over 160 balcony cabins (aka Category 2). 

Edited by mahdnc

4 hours ago, canderson said:

If I understand what is meant by "renovation", that list is incorrect.  Constellation had a major dry dock and renovation in July 2021.

Not so. It was essential hull and machinery maintenance, some soft furnishings were renewed when she was out of service but no major renovation.