Deluxe Beverage pricing discrepancy between different Sailings

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me the discrepancy in the price of the Deluxe Beverage packages ?

I have two sailings booked - one on the Brilliance of the Seas and one on the Anthem of the Seas.

When I look at my cruise planner for each of these sailings there is a massive difference in the Deluxe Beverage Package price for each of these sailings.

So I am in the UK, so these prices are in Pounds but you’ll get the idea

The package on the Brilliance of the Seas is - £50.16 pppd

The package on the Anthem of the Seas is £82.69 pppd 😳😳😳 see the screenshots below

What the hell is going on here - are the drinks that much more expensive on the Anthem ? - I would have thought that drinks would be the same across the fleet - I just can’t fathom it !!

58B00F7A-0F33-47E5-BDFA-905FBF39332E.jpeg

06CADFE9-6457-4CC0-988A-8E9799DB3243.jpeg

I’m going with 1. Timing. The price may change for either, depending on how far out from your sail date.  And length of cruise.

But I think it’s about consumption and demographics.  Perhaps they have found passengers on Anthem actually drink more.  Is Brilliance an older ship, possibly with an older crowd?

Just some thoughts.

And yet, how do individually purchased drink prices compare?  I am guessing that’s pretty even.

• Like 1

It appears that all prices for cruises in 2023 have big increases.  

My cruise next month on Allure is at $69

Liberty next January is at $90

Harmony next January is at $98

Anthem next May is at $90

Not only that, but internet has some big increases in price.

• Like 1

Prices vary by the ship, the sail date, the length of the sailing, passenger count and any other excuse that you want to make up.

There is no rhyme or reason to RCCL's "Dynamic" (ever changing) pricing on everything the sell.   

• Like 3

I’m sure they also take into consideration port stops because they know most won’t be drinking too much on board those days. The package is geared to make the cruise lines the most profit and the fact that they sell them at all means most buyers probably add to the profit margins .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I also see the Brilliance has "Prices starting from" text on the page.  Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.  

Also, when is the Brilliance cruise? I see the Anthem isn't until January.  

The Brilliance cruise is at the end of next month so that one is 7 night cruise and the price of the drinks package is £828.00 but the Anthem cruise is 11 nights so if I applied that price for 11 nights the cost would be £1300.00

The Anthem cruise drinks package for the 11 nights is £1820.00

So more than a £500.00 difference for the same drinks package - I know they’ve put prices up but that seems ridiculous to me 

these prices are for 2 people

I think the main difference is the 6+ month difference between cruises.  Royal can afford raising the rates on Anthem because there's plenty of time before sailing.  Maybe the Brilliance isn't selling as many packages as they'd like, so they've reduced the cost to try to sell more?  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The package is geared to make the cruise lines the most profit and the fact that they sell them at all means most buyers probably add to the profit margins .

I'm really not sure why this point doesn't end every thread about the pricing of anything on CC.  

Companies are in business to make money.     

• Thanks 1

As someone else said your sailing on Brilliance is closer to sailing than your Anthem and in some cases that impacts the price if they are not selling as many DBP as they want.    

Plus the Anthem sailing has more sea days then your Brilliance sailing so that comes into play too.  Yes, it is a substantial difference and only you can decide if it is worth it for you.   

36 minutes ago, Shrewsbury on Tour said:

Good afternoon,

Sailing on the Odyssey this October, rang up and got the drinks package for £40 per person.

Might be worth the call..

Cheers

We’re sailing Vision in September and drinks package is showing at £50 per person, was thinking about booking now after reading the posts…which number/department did to call to get the £40 deal

14 hours ago, Shone216 said:

We’re sailing Vision in September and drinks package is showing at £50 per person, was thinking about booking now after reading the posts…which number/department did to call to get the £40 deal

I actually got that deal for my Brilliance of the Seas cruise for next month. It was a promotion on Royal Caribbean front page a few months ago and it was for European sailings only plus there was a deal on flights as well. I just called customer services and managed to get it added

Received an email today stating promotion on various items including drinks package ends tomorrow. We decided to just book it as the price is £50.92pp for the deluxe, however at checkout £133 ha# been added as gratuities increasing the total to £946 for 2 people.

it’s been a while since we sailed with RC so just wondering if this is usual practice now.

17 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

We decided to just book it as the price is £50.92pp for the deluxe, however at checkout £133 ha# been added as gratuities increasing the total to £946 for 2 people.

Gratuities are automatically added at the end of the booking process, so that is normal.  If your question is about price, I paid basically the exact same amount for an August 7-day sailing.