prima inaugural cancelled..bummer!

luckyinpa

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

i feel bad for all you people who planned this out. i was really looking forward to real pics and vids of all the new cabins too  help me plan my trip 🙂

cancel.jpg

Is there any word on when the new first sailing will be? I am also looking forward to reports as we have a booking for the summer of 2023.

31 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Is there any word on when the new first sailing will be? I am also looking forward to reports as we have a booking for the summer of 2023.

According to this article the first sailing will be September 3rd, but I'll believe that when I see it. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/inaugural-norwegian-prima-cruise-canceled-due-to-supply-chain-issues/70669

image.png.54d4db269a3acc5b5af3a63f9ea68185.png

• Thanks 1

aw yes and yet another inaugural cancelled.

I am glad my Prima is not until Aug 2023 from Iceland to UK (10 day)

this is why I would never book one.  Disney delayed the Wish this year as well.

And the Wonder of the Seas inaugural had some shows that were partially running dur to supply chain issues.

Discovery Princess was also pushed back by about five months.  She finally sailed to California from the east, without passengers, instead of across the Atlantic.  We were looking forward to reviews as well, considering  her for 2023. 

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Okay, where is Prima going to be christened, and when?

Prima was supposed to be christened in Reykjavik on Aug 26, 2022.

It could still be. It's just the Amsterdam-Reykjavik leg which is cancelled. It just depends how far behind they are. This and the cancelled press events must give them a bit over a week extra time.

Moving it to Amsterdam would give them another week or so.

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

And the Wonder of the Seas inaugural had some shows that were partially running dur to supply chain issues.

I was booked on this, and it wouldn't put me off booking another. As long as you are realistic about what can happen then you can prepare for it. I enjoy going on a new ship and it is certainly worth the risks.

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

According to this article the first sailing will be September 3rd, but I'll believe that when I see it. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/inaugural-norwegian-prima-cruise-canceled-due-to-supply-chain-issues/70669

image.png.54d4db269a3acc5b5af3a63f9ea68185.png

Thanks, still well before Augst 2023. But, I guess I will have to wait longer for trip reports.

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Ours is also August 2023, but the other way, from London (Southampton) to Reykjavik. It truly is a great ititnerary. 

While I am disappointed, not really surprised with the way things are currently with supply chains. Still can't wait to get on the Prima, She's gonna be a beauty!! I'll just have to patiently wait a little longer, maybe do a Med cruise this summer. 

58 minutes ago, Drews_Cruise said:

It was our first shot at trying NCL but were done.  back to Princess?  

Why?

5 hours ago, milolii said:

Discovery Princess was also pushed back by about five months.  She finally sailed to California from the east, without passengers, instead of across the Atlantic.  We were looking forward to reviews as well, considering  her for 2023. 

🤷‍♀️

7 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Okay, where is Prima going to be christened, and when? Prima was supposed to be christened in Reykjavik on Aug 26, 2022.

This causes the cruise line a lot of issues. They had booked Katy to be in Iceland. Now they will have to make other plans (which may impact other pre-transatlantic cruises).

It is highly unlikely that they would do it on the TA. The cruise line invests a lot of money around the christening events to promote the new ship to travel agents and media. Usually multiple short freebee cruises.

The Bird has booked inaugural cruises and got cancelled multiple times because the cruise line wanted to do more media cruises. (The Bird had two cruises in 2019 cancelled due to additional publicity cruises - Inaugural Encore and first voyage of the new Joy - for both cancellations, we got nothing other than a refund). 

Now,,, pure speculation with no substantiating facts, this may place the first US cruise out of NY at risk if they move the christening to post-transatlantic. That would be the easiest thing for the cruise line. There are already some media and travel agent cruises scheduled. If they cancel the first cruise, they can do the christening and do all of the publicity there. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

August 17 I believe.  Reykjavik to London.

Ok, we can wave to each other as we leave and you board. 🤣  I guess I can't invite you to join the roll call.

We picked the cruise and the direction we are going as it allows us to celebrate our wedding anniversary onboard (on the sea day between Norway and Iceland).

Edited by ontheweb
added second sentence in first paragraph
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shotodrag said:

We are booked on the 10/31 11-day out of Galveston, and I'm slightly worried.  It's still about two months ahead of the new inaugural, but I'm hoping this doesn't have too much of a snowball effect.

Those October Galveston cruises are very expensive.  At least right now.

Feel the 25% not sufficient for a very special trip.

17 hours ago, dexddd said:

Those October Galveston cruises are very expensive.  At least right now.

Feel the 25% not sufficient for a very special trip.

We're on the October 31st sailing out of Galveston and luckily booked it on the first day that they offered the Prima cruises for sail.  The current prices are more than double what we paid for them so the 25% would not be a good deal on a Prima cruise, but another NCL ship - I'd definitely go for it.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:38 PM, Drews_Cruise said:

It was our first shot at trying NCL but were done.  back to Princess?  

I'd say give NCL another chance.

For what it is worth, we're normally NCL cruisers.  Since the restart, we have sailed both NCL and Princess.  We like both, they're somewhat different, but fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaliMom05 said:

We're on the October 31st sailing out of Galveston and luckily booked it on the first day that they offered the Prima cruises for sail.  The current prices are more than double what we paid for them so the 25% would not be a good deal on a Prima cruise, but another NCL ship - I'd definitely go for it.

NCL needs to introduce lift and shift, it would go a long way.

• Like 3