How is it going on the Beyond inaugural cruise ?

odysee

27 minutes ago, keesar said:

You may have to bring your own chairs and table for the balcony.  Those are not "Modern Luxury".

In our Sunset Veranda  stateroom on EDGE..we requested and received 2 nice sized loungers for our huge aft balcony and made do with the other furniture.

We are excited about BEYOND..shaded areas were much needed.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Barn Goddess said:

We are on deck 9 (9215)  the floor of the balcony above us covers the balcony. We like shade and protected balconies so not an issue for us. There is sun - it’s just not baking you. We love this suite and location. And for those concerned about the chairs- they are actually comfortable. There isn’t space for a lounger. Agree the table is  small for a meal. We only did room service once and sat on the sofa. It worked. Wasn’t perfect but 🤷🏻‍♀️  Made it easier to get to our early excursion. So we were ok with it. 

(excuse not so great pic - enjoying one last night before we have to leave in the morning to fly back to NC). 

Overall, this GenX couple loved our experience in the Beyond. 🙂

image.jpg

Barn Goddess, thank you so much for your reply and photo.  Your photo also shows the square pole on your balcony.  I think those are placed like they are on Edge and Apex, but you did not mention that it bothered your view at all.  It is always nice to be on a new ship and enjoy your cruise...excellent!  I booked a Sunset Suite for April's TA with an SV for the following cruise.  Also, I have suite 11217 for a S. Caribbean cruise.  All my Beyond cruises are in 2023 for some reason, so I really hope I enjoy her as much as you did.  Again, thank you for the information.  With the price of suites heading north, it is nice that Sv's are available and also have a real balcony.

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, hcat said:

In our Sunset Veranda  stateroom on EDGE..we requested and received 2 nice sized loungers for our huge aft balcony and made do with the other furniture.

We are excited about BEYOND..shaded areas were much needed.

Do you think there's any chance of a better table for the balcony if you ask?  Love breakfast on my balcony but not hunched over a small, low table like that!  It's a recipe for indigestion. 😁  Or back ache. 😬 Or both. 😵

26 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Do you think there's any chance of a better table for the balcony if you ask?  Love breakfast on my balcony but not hunched over a small, low table like that!  It's a recipe for indigestion. 😁  Or back ache. 😬 Or both. 😵

If you order room service it does arrive on a tray that's larger than the table.

Can´t write about the Beyond- have yet to book a voyage on Beyond. I was on the Maiden Voyage of Apex- and that was very very special cruise. I was not all to eager to go on the new Edge Class. The Edge Class has so many different venues - so there is something for everyone I would say.

I was in a SV- as soon as the cabin steward introuduced himself I asked for a nice Lounge Chair- 10 minutes later it was there.

Staff and service where impecable. I even got a towel layed out on my private lounger by my cabin steward. LOL.

But did not like and wont like it on Beyond either,  is Eden- a wonderful venue- in matters of location and layout. BUT- the furniture and colors- some love it- I rather think it as kind of 70s style gone terribly wrong. They have outdoors spaces on both sides of the ship- also great- but those chairs- those colors. Uhhh- as I recall they changed some of the chairs on the balcony cabins- on Apex they where all gathered around the upper level in Eden.

Well- I guess they had to put them somehwere- could hardly throw them over board. ( Where they belong... )

I think 90% of the passengers love the new Martini Bar- I most certainly do not. NOT AT ALL. Loud, crowded and I don´t care for the show the bar staff puts on- neither do I need the Captain behind said bar and joining the show. But that´s just me!

The four dining room conept is great- Roof Top Garden - also has a little furniture problem. Sunset Bar- great!

Curious about the new Sunset Bar on Beyond. Will I sail- yes I will- someday. Maybe a TA next year.

Edited by Germancruiser

12 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Can´t write about the Beyond- have yet to book a voyage on Beyond. I was on the Maiden Voyage of Apex- and that was very very special cruise. I was not all to eager to go on the new Edge Class. The Edge Class has so many different venues - so there is something for everyone I would say.

I was in a SV- as soon as the cabin steward introuduced himself I asked for a nice Lounge Chair- 10 minutes later it was there.

Staff and service where impecable. I even got a towel layed out on my private lounger by my cabin steward. LOL.

But did not like and wont like it on Beyond either,  is Eden- a wonderful venue- in matters of location and layout. BUT- the furniture and colors- some love it- I rather think it as kind of 70s style gone terribly wrong. They have outdoors spaces on both sides of the ship- also great- but those chairs- those colors. Uhhh- as I recall they changed some of the chairs on the balcony cabins- on Apex they where all gathered around the upper level in Eden.

Well- I guess they had to put them somehwere- could hardly throw them over board. ( Where they belong... )

I think 90% of the passengers love the new Martini Bar- I most certainly do not. NOT AT ALL. Loud, crowded and I don´t care for the show the bar staff puts on- neither do I need the Captain behind said bar and joining the show. But that´s just me!

The four dining room conept is great- Roof Top Garden - also has a little furniture problem. Sunset Bar- great!

Curious about the new Sunset Bar on Beyond. Will I sail- yes I will- someday. Maybe a TA next year.

I hope you will book Beyond and come join us on one of the TA roll calls for next year. 😊

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

My cruise on Apex is not until October, but I am excited to be on her for 25+ days. Thanks for sharing your opinion about her.  I wonder if anyone has actually thrown a chair or table overboard; hopefully not, but there is nothing wrong wih thinking about it! 

• Like 2

Just boarded Beyond today.  First impression  inside public rooms : dark and gloomy !  
SV , outside spaces nice.

Dinner in Normandy : classic salmon with vegs and mash potatoes very bland

Edited by Michidoeme

22 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

I may have missed it, but does anyone know how much the new restaurant Le Voyage costs?

We pre-paid $278.00 for 2 on our upcoming Apex cruise.

Sorry, double checked and that reservation is for the Chef's Table.

Edited by C-Dragons

This quote is from Travel Weekly:

Cornelius Gallagher, Celebrity's vice president of food and beverage, called the eatery "a jewel box restaurant." The cover charge will be $75 or $125 for a tasting menu.”

Edited by C-Dragons

My wife and I sailed on the Maiden Voyage of Beyond last week. There were COVID cases showing up on board by about 2/3rds through the cruise. Any cases on your cruise so far? We had 2100 passengers on board. You have less than half that, so that is a good thing. The odd thing is that Captain Kate made no announcements ever about COVID cases on board, yet passengers are posting on FB that they were quarantined, etc. during the cruise. Any several passengers have tested positive either at the airport or when they got home. So be careful out there. 

By the way, there was absolutely no celebrations or any bling or anything marking the Inaguaral voyage. Very disappointing to many on board. The only thing we got was a picture of the ship on the last day that gave the dates of the cruise and hilariously enough, said we had been on a 10 day EASTERN European cruise on the maiden voyage. I was not aware that Southampton, England, Lisbon, Portugal, and Barcelona were considered Eastern European. LOL. The attention to detail lacked a bit with that picture. One of several hiccups during our Maiden voyage. 🙂

On 5/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, Bigbear69 said:

My wife and I sailed on the Maiden Voyage of Beyond last week. There were COVID cases showing up on board by about 2/3rds through the cruise. 

By the way, there was absolutely no celebrations or any bling or anything marking the Inaguaral voyage. Very disappointing to many on board. The only thing we got was a picture of the ship on the last day that gave the dates of the cruise and hilariously enough, said we had been on a 10 day EASTERN European cruise on the maiden voyage. I was not aware that Southampton, England, Lisbon, Portugal, and Barcelona were considered Eastern European. LOL. The attention to detail lacked a bit with that picture. One of several hiccups during our Maiden voyage. 🙂

that is a shame as the Wonder OTS folks got gifts every day like hats etc.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, C-Dragons said:

This quote is from Travel Weekly:

Cornelius Gallagher, Celebrity's vice president of food and beverage, called the eatery "a jewel box restaurant." The cover charge will be $75 or $125 for a tasting menu.”

And don't forget that X will now probably tack on 18% to that...ha ha

• Thanks 1