How is it going on the Beyond inaugural cruise ?

odysee

17 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hello 

We are on the Beyond right now, in an SV cabin. 

I’ll start by saying this is a very beautiful ship. Very contemporary styling, like a very upmarket boutique hotel. We’ve not previously cruised on Edge class and we’re enjoying the feel of the ship. 

This is the inaugural sailing so there are going to be teething problems - we’re seeing maintenance crew much in evidence in the corridors - and it’s clear there are staffing shortfalls in the restaurants. Service in the four MDRs was poor on the first four nights but they seem to be hitting their stride now. We made reservations for every night in the four different MDRs but you still end up queueing anyway and I’ve seen other diners complaining loudly about this. I’m sure this will get sorted fairly soon though. 

The rooftop garden is a good addition and a much better use of all that space on the top deck. The Sunset bar is great and there is plenty of shade if you need it. Lots of space on the pool deck and we’ve not noticed too many chair hogs, although we’ve not had the weather yet for lying out in the sun. 

We do miss the Sky lounge, we used to enjoy heading up there after dinner for the late night entertainment - the Club on deck 4 doesn’t have the same vibe but it might do in time. The Martini Bar in the Grand Plaza is the main hub in the evening, and the bartenders put on a good show!

All in all the plus points outweigh what we’re missing from the Silhouette (our favourite ship to date) and we’d definitely consider another cruise on the Beyond in the future. 

Thanks so much for sharing!
We are going to be on the Beyond in. Couple of weeks. Have you tried any of the Specialty restaurants? How is the wifi? Any suggestions of things not to miss? Enjoy your trip! 

2 hours ago, LINGBER said:

We are going to be on the Beyond in. Couple of weeks. Have you tried any of the Specialty restaurants? How is the wifi? Any suggestions of things not to miss? Enjoy your trip! 

If you are on the Chief Execs cruise please ask her to clarify X's position regarding Isolation of passengers with  Covid.

One of her Exec team (Zoe) says it's " Ocean View" deck 3 nearest to the Medical Facilities.

Another (Marthana) says there is no central policy each Captain does what he likes.

Also what is the policy on announcing  daily Covid numbers;

Some Captains say nothing, on Silhouette he says less than 1% or more than 1% which is useless, some give actual figures split between passengers and crew. Zoe in corporate says they should all be giving actual figures.

Passengers need accurate information to make informed choices. Thanks in advance, enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

9C787026-9347-4F25-8E0C-E2424C053010.thumb.jpeg.629cabe43bdd4babaf09d1ce645d8146.jpeg

Seriously? These look like the lawn chairs I drag out of the shed when we need extra seating at a party, although I suppose the cushions on these meet Celebrity's definition of Modern Luxury. Give me the veranda chairs on the S and M class ships that have high backs and recline!

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Seriously? These look like the lawn chairs I drag out of the shed when we need extra seating at a party, although I suppose the cushions on these meet Celebrity's definition of Modern Luxury. Give me the veranda chairs on the S and M class ships that have high backs and recline!

Those are ridiculous on a supposedly luxury cruise ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Would make me want to get up at 4am and grab a lounger from around the pool and put it on my balcony. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We sailed on the first two day pre inaugural  cruise.  The ship is seriously stunning and we have cruised on all classes of Celebrity ship.     

The changes made from the Edge and Apex are amazing.   

We were able to view all classes of cabins during the cruise and they are luxury all the way, whichever class you travel. 

We were blown away and we going to book a cruise for sure.  The crew are so friendly and we found very efficient. 

There are a great deal of posts on Instagram. 

Give it a go - you will not be disappointed!

On 5/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, NeroliGirl said:

9C787026-9347-4F25-8E0C-E2424C053010.thumb.jpeg.629cabe43bdd4babaf09d1ce645d8146.jpeg

If Celebrity management still follows CC…I have a message about the  “furniture” on the veranda . That one downside change would cause me to not cruise on this ship, regardless of any positive reviews. I love the balcony option, but this is insulting !

• Like 3

On 5/2/2022 at 12:33 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Unfortunately Celebrity continues to make the balconies even more uncomfortable. The furniture in this photo is ridiculous. There should be two loungers without having to ask. 

What about the child sized table?  Can you try to have your room service dinner on that table?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

So these are the "Beyond Veranda Chairs?"  OMgosh!  I have three cruises booked on her; at least two are in suites...yikes!

Edited by Lastdance

The furniture on the Sky Suite balconies on E class needs a serious rethink.  We didn’t spend anytime sitting out there, the furniture isn’t comfortable DH usually sits out there for a hour or so reading but not last cruise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Would make me want to get up at 4am and grab a lounger from around the pool and put it on my balcony. 

The chair hogs would have probably claimed all the chairs by then!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi all! American on the Beyond currently. We are in a Sky Suite. The ship is lovely!!! We have experienced only great service and food.  

So far we have been in Luminae, Fine Cut, Normandy, and Cypress. Cypress was probably my least favorite with food and service but it was still an enjoyable time. There are some provisioning issues with some advertised wines/beers/liquors either being out or located at a different bar. We have been able to find alternatives that work for us and the staff has been great about suggesting things. Oh, forgot to mention Oceanview- it’s so nice! Lots of food options, lots of light and seating options. The food has been so good!

Love all the elevators-super fast and never a long wait for one. 

The expanded Martini Bar is a definite plus over Solstice class ones. There are a lot of seats around the bar and on all the surrounding levels which make you feel connected and part of the action. 

It’s been a bit chilly so haven’t really enjoyed the outdoor areas. We sat on Magic Carpet last night to watch the sunset. Found a not too breezy area and used the blankets to keep warm 🙂. The outside areas are beautiful and I can imagine them being used a lot in warmer weather. There are lots of shade options at Sunset, the garden, the pool, and the Retreat deck. We’ve been up on Retreat deck a lot and have enjoyed the lounges and blankets. 

My main constructive complaint would be the box of plugs. The US ones are turned the wrong way and it’s super hard to plug things in as the chords hit the back. Had they been flipped, the chords would hang nicely out of the box as it was designed for.  There is also not a plug by the right side of the bed - just the left 🤷🏻‍♀️  The plug by the bed and the one in the bathroom by the vanity are narrow and my Dyson didn’t work-kept clicking the “test” button in bathroom and the light switch in the one by the bed. Did manage to jam it in box and get it to work. But first world problems I know! 

We love our suite and have enjoyed sitting on the balcony reading/enjoying an adult beverage. 

521AF348-B9CE-4AB7-AAB0-373251694A5C.jpeg

E8B00AB9-5186-4EB3-A85F-1C2CBCD04B98.jpeg

001D4222-85FE-4917-86D0-8DE4652A5ED6.jpeg

3CDF01C9-5F6F-4A28-A8B3-A15BFBD69E99.jpeg

9F60E021-23DA-4714-AAEE-69BC89FBB513.jpeg

5AA2EA1C-A6CA-47F5-8CC0-CCF8CFAABA4F.jpeg

4765D29E-E905-4C0B-8F15-422C583D6CE5.jpeg

F3C286AE-0FED-45B9-8FF0-FE692D26589E.jpeg

D01634DE-05FE-448B-9279-A4025A0FF585.jpeg

896FC498-D77E-4C27-A244-98BAEE1134AD.jpeg

2AB5D24B-6E0A-40BC-ADDA-851FA124B6C2.jpeg

009F9EB6-20E0-43F9-AD8D-6E2D7A610137.jpeg

C582EB23-A82A-4621-BCA6-9AF24A522E33.jpeg

5589B8D4-310C-4CC5-850A-30C4F6F64944.jpeg

CE509D40-5EF6-4C34-861A-A1F8EA5F1448.jpeg

87DDA2A5-E292-4983-ACCC-A81E6E8F1CE9.jpeg

FC044525-152A-4455-8161-F3A2BD88D8F7.jpeg

0516DF33-2257-46BB-B39C-7786D45A6ECD.jpeg

2C483376-3A4C-4282-8AC7-49CBC80F2418.jpeg

66511CF8-DA15-4DF5-B881-0446F5DC983E.jpeg

7D86E1B6-14CB-491C-8CFE-700815E9419B.jpeg

3085DC25-A894-4714-A0F0-D0FE6190CB04.jpeg

953797C6-5E16-4B31-BD0B-CDE15FB9F17A.jpeg

4B75C3D1-BA28-4826-966A-236041D0E3ED.jpeg

1A69A560-3C15-4DA7-BD8A-C23DE604A0E3.jpeg

9154C4A6-B09C-4AA0-816A-7DC092005277.jpeg

D6A475A4-29B8-44C3-AFBF-0F82F344B1DE.jpeg

88E56E7F-28F1-4535-A051-E66FB4CD19F7.jpeg

D1C5E585-DCB3-47E5-9798-588B8C8E88D3.jpeg

9F3AF2F9-6776-411A-973A-005766ED97A5.jpeg

0D7F7D19-C7DA-4DA6-82E2-71FB91AD5A58.jpeg

5A48AC0F-979E-4B10-8A41-878956A9CA3E.jpeg

4B9921F6-B82D-49AE-BC48-1D7A1507A440.jpeg

BB89E261-9A18-46DD-BE03-25424F85D7D0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 5/3/2022 at 3:57 AM, LINGBER said:

We have the premium Wi-Fi and it works pretty well. We don’t really stream anything- that has been a bit slow. But for the few times we’ve had to use it to log onto our laptops for work or social media, it has been good. 

We enjoyed Fine Cut Steakhouse. It was so good! We got the tomahawk steak. Perfectly prepared. The sundae dessert is HUGE. But so good! Had a lovely time there even though we could hardly move lol!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barn Goddess said:

We have the premium Wi-Fi and it works pretty well. We don’t really stream anything- that has been a bit slow. But for the few times we’ve had to use it to log onto our laptops for work or social media, it has been good. 

We enjoyed Fine Cut Steakhouse. It was so good! We got the tomahawk steak. Perfectly prepared. The sundae dessert is HUGE. But so good! Had a lovely time there even though we could hardly move lol!

Thanks but dang!  lol

Barngoddess, please share which deck for your suite; does the overhang cover the entire balcony?

Thanks so much!

Which suite #, if you do not mind.

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, LINGBER said:

Ok Beyonders! Eden or Fine Cut Steakhouse? Already booked for Le Voyage but would like to try a second specialty restaurant. Which would you pick? 

I would try Eden first, then Fine Cut!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 6:02 AM, NeroliGirl said:

We do miss the Sky lounge, we used to enjoy heading up there after dinner for the late night entertainment - the Club on deck 4 doesn’t have the same vibe but it might do in time. The Martini Bar in the Grand Plaza is the main hub in the evening, and the bartenders put on a good show!

Eden is essentially the Sky Lounge replacement in many aspects. During the day it is a quiet space with a multi-deck glass wall with spectacular sea views and a variety of spaces to sit and relax including adjacent outdoor spaces to sit (something the Sky Lounges do not have). In the evening there is the bar (which is separate and above from the restaurant space) and I believe there is some entertainment going on even if you are not in the dining room (there was anyway when I was on Edge in 2018). You might want to check that out.

• Like 2

Interesting, the OP asks how things are going on the Beyond inaugural cruise and responses include many folks being “underwhelmed” and the furniture on the veranda.  Certainly, there is a lot more to it than that. Keep in mind that Celebrity has declared the Beyond a ship for Generation X. Curious to see if the negative comments are coming from them or from others, or from both.

Innovation and variation on an old theme is necessary in the cruising industry. I’m a pre-boomer and even though I am not the target cruiser for the Edge Class Ships, I will enjoy what they have to offer. At the same time, I will in no way abandon the S & M class ships that have given me so much enjoyment.  I appreciate having more choices and I will continue to enjoy Celebrity.    

• Like 6

On 5/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, odysee said:

Was just wondering as I have not seen anyone reporting who is on now.

Any feedback welcome.

Hey there, we are a group of four that will be on the May 16 Greek Islands Cruise (barring + covid tests..lol)  Will be happy to add to this thread as we get onboard. My husband and I will be flying in from Destin, FL and the other couple is from Colorado Springs, CO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, luvatfirstflight said:

Hey there, we are a group of four that will be on the May 16 Greek Islands Cruise (barring + covid tests..lol)  Will be happy to add to this thread as we get onboard. My husband and I will be flying in from Destin, FL and the other couple is from Colorado Springs, CO.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear your updates 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:24 PM, Lastdance said:

Barngoddess, please share which deck for your suite; does the overhang cover the entire balcony?

Thanks so much!

Which suite #, if you do not mind.

We are on deck 9 (9215)  the floor of the balcony above us covers the balcony. We like shade and protected balconies so not an issue for us. There is sun - it’s just not baking you. We love this suite and location. And for those concerned about the chairs- they are actually comfortable. There isn’t space for a lounger. Agree the table is  small for a meal. We only did room service once and sat on the sofa. It worked. Wasn’t perfect but 🤷🏻‍♀️  Made it easier to get to our early excursion. So we were ok with it. 

(excuse not so great pic - enjoying one last night before we have to leave in the morning to fly back to NC). 

Overall, this GenX couple loved our experience in the Beyond. 🙂

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, Lastdance said:

So these are the "Beyond Veranda Chairs?"  OMgosh!  I have three cruises booked on her; at least two are in suites...yikes!

You may have to bring your own chairs and table for the balcony.  Those are not "Modern Luxury".

• Haha 1