What are the Havana rules?

Just off the Vista on 4/30 and we stayed in the Havana Cabana Suite.  Here is a quick rundown:

• All guest that want to use the Havana Pool areas must be in a Havana Cabin and wear a wristband
  • All guest in the Havana cabins have to be 12+
  • The Havana pool area is reserved for the Havana guest and Suite guest (at least on Vista) only
  • The Havana Bar area is open to the public but to get to the pool area you have to pass through doors that have a person checking wristbands
  • The sliding balcony doors do not lock from the outside (at least on Vista) so if you want to go from your cabin to the pool you have to leave your door unlocked, however there wasn't much foot traffic here so it wasn't that big of a deal
  • The area was pretty underused on our cruise.  During the day there were probably 10-20 people in the two hot tubs and pool area and outside bar.  The outside area also has a towel station like Lido but they are the yellow Serentiy towels.  In your cabin you also get the Yellow towels opposed to the blue ones
  • We had a few nights on our cruise where we were the only ones in the Hot Tub area (except staff walking around)
  • The Havana Bar area was pretty active they had Karaoke there every night and then the band would play Latin themed music there as well.  You could hear the noise in the hallway of the rooms but in the room you didn't really hear anything

Overall I would do Havana again (not sure about the suite based on cost) it was worth it for the private access and the larger balcony

• Like 2

We have stayed in Havana several times pre-Covid, but not post Covid.

All guests in the Havana pool area have to be over 12 and staying in a Havana cabin.  At one point, they opened the area to non-Havana guests after a certain time (maybe 6 or 7) but then they stopped doing this and made it only Havana guests all the time.  On the cruise after they imposed this rule, my husband and I were the only people in the spa at night. It was nice.  We have stayed in a Havana cabin 2-3 times and it has never been crowded.  In fact, there were several times we were the only people there.  

Registered guests in the Havana cabins have to be over 12, but we did have our children visit us.  (They were staying in a nearby non-Havana room.) Non-Havana guests can visit your room.  They are not supposed to visit in the pool area. 

If on the MG, if you stay in certain suites (or paid) you get that area at the top of the ship and kids can come to that area.  I did not enjoy that area as much as the Havana area on the Vista class ships. It also only had shallow hot tubs (which were not refreshing considering it was August when we sailed), although they were neat in the fact that they had glass sides and looked out over the Serenity deck and you could people watch.  The Serenity area on the MG was awesome, but very busy.  

2 hours ago, TexasJohn82 said:

Just off the Vista on 4/30 and we stayed in the Havana Cabana Suite.  Here is a quick rundown:

• All guest that want to use the Havana Pool areas must be in a Havana Cabin and wear a wristband
  • All guest in the Havana cabins have to be 12+
  • The Havana pool area is reserved for the Havana guest and Suite guest (at least on Vista) only
  • The Havana Bar area is open to the public but to get to the pool area you have to pass through doors that have a person checking wristbands
  • The sliding balcony doors do not lock from the outside (at least on Vista) so if you want to go from your cabin to the pool you have to leave your door unlocked, however there wasn't much foot traffic here so it wasn't that big of a deal
  • The area was pretty underused on our cruise.  During the day there were probably 10-20 people in the two hot tubs and pool area and outside bar.  The outside area also has a towel station like Lido but they are the yellow Serentiy towels.  In your cabin you also get the Yellow towels opposed to the blue ones
  • We had a few nights on our cruise where we were the only ones in the Hot Tub area (except staff walking around)
  • The Havana Bar area was pretty active they had Karaoke there every night and then the band would play Latin themed music there as well.  You could hear the noise in the hallway of the rooms but in the room you didn't really hear anything

Overall I would do Havana again (not sure about the suite based on cost) it was worth it for the private access and the larger balcony

Stayed in Havana on Horizon in March, can confirm this list applies to Horizon as well.

28 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

On our vista cruise pre-covid, they gave us a separate key that would open the sliding door to the Cabana room.  Never had to leave it unlocked.  

Yeah you could tell there was a lock on the outside where a NFC type reader would have worked but I guess they no longer do that.  We asked the room attendant and she told us they don't work anymore so that was the only way.

3 hours ago, Retiredmedic said:

My personal rule for the Havan bar at least, is no more than 5 Cuban Ice Tea's in one sitting.

😄 That ended up being my (and my wife's) go to drink in Havana. Need to pick up some Bacardi Razz and try to replicate at home now.

When do you get the wristbands?  I would assume they are in the envelope with the sail and sign cards?  I would like to tour the pool area right when I board the Vista on an upcoming sailing where I am not a Havana room guest.  Do you all that have sailed her before think staff there would allow me to walk through it during that time (pre-1:30pm)?

So, does anyone know if there is a huge difference in space between the Havana Cabana regular stateroom and the Havana Cabana Suite?  Also, from the photos I can find, it looks like in some of the HC cabins you can't see the ocean from your patio?

42 minutes ago, mdin said:

😄 That ended up being my (and my wife's) go to drink in Havana. Need to pick up some Bacardi Razz and try to replicate at home now.

It really needs that 8 year rum. Tried with a 4 year rum and didn't have to same taste. Also recommend you look on you tube for "Super Lime Juice" we tried with just regular lime juice and it didn't have to tartness as on the ship, the super lime juice does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nog Vlog said:

When do you get the wristbands?  I would assume they are in the envelope with the sail and sign cards?  I would like to tour the pool area right when I board the Vista on an upcoming sailing where I am not a Havana room guest.  Do you all that have sailed her before think staff there would allow me to walk through it during that time (pre-1:30pm)?

I got the wristbands in the envelope with my cards.  I am sure they would let you tour

3 hours ago, ciship said:

So, does anyone know if there is a huge difference in space between the Havana Cabana regular stateroom and the Havana Cabana Suite?  Also, from the photos I can find, it looks like in some of the HC cabins you can't see the ocean from your patio?

So the suite is very spacious.  You have a larger bathroom with a double sink and a large stand up shower (with bench inside).  The room is nice and large with a separate room with a l shaped couch a vanity and second TV.  The balconies are all the same so no difference there.  You can see the Ocean through a walkway and protective glass, it is not like a regular balcony where you can open the door and see the ocean there is another walkway and glass but outside of that glass is ocean.  We enjoyed the balcony because you could layout and pretty much had a dedicated chair etc and you could talk to others on their balcony.  

The suite was nice but it is quite a bit more expensive in my opinion, so it was good for our Anniversary but I probably wouldn't book it normally.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

Does the Havana area have coffee available? 

The Havana Bar has Cuban coffee (3-4 selections), Italian espresso, lattes, cappuccino, and mochaccino.

20 hours ago, ciship said:

This is the view from cabin 5232 on the horizon last week.

02B4F8EF-98EE-44FE-8934-A3AE375ADD01.jpeg

On 5/4/2022 at 7:34 AM, TexasJohn82 said:

All guest in the Havana cabins have to be 12+

Although this is a rule, people find ways around it (likely a family had multiple cabins booked and just traded people around).  Last month on Mardi Gras there was a child that looked to be about 5 just a few doors down from our Havana room.  Not a big deal, they didn't take the child out on the Havana deck (that I noticed) but just found it interesting that people will find ways around the rules.