On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

8 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Thought I had a pic of the actual soup container they brought but don’t have it. Meanwhile they tested me yesterday, had to wait til about 11am to get the test and they said that they’d call with results.  Had to register with their service so was able to see the negative result within the hour. They NEVER called me!  After I went on with my day, I went to the pool this morning after the WJ breakfast, then went back to the room to do a little packing. As I was walking toward my room I see the nurse with a cart in a gown and a mask walking towards me and I said, uh oh! Another one down!!   My room attendant flagged her down as I was walking towards her and she  said get in your room and put your mask on!  They were there for me!!!!  Nobody said a word about me testing again!  Took the test, waited about 45 minutes and it came back negative again! So…room attendant told me that if I wasn’t there for the test I would have to go to medical and pay!  NOBODY said boo about me testing again!  Luckily I’m negative, posting from Izumi!  Part of me wishes I was positive so I could commiserate with my wife who is not feeling well and I miss her so much!

I know where you are coming from.  I had my granddaughter, who is not vaccinated, sailing on Anthem and she had to take an antigen test 2 days prior to arrival and the process was very smooth and organized.  My DIL received an assigned time for the test and the (negative) test results was communicated via e-mail within 30-45  minutes of testing.

2 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

The OP said that the coffee came in a cardboard soup container. If true, that's a little different than a cardboard coffee cup. 

Yes, that is different than a cardboard cup for a beverage.   When I read his post I missed the fact it was a soup cup not a coffee cup.     

26 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Thought I had a pic of the actual soup container they brought but don’t have it. Meanwhile they tested me yesterday, had to wait til about 11am to get the test and they said that they’d call with results.  Had to register with their service so was able to see the negative result within the hour. They NEVER called me!  

on our b2b when we were tested for the 2nd leg of the journey they told us results would be emailed and they would only call if we test positive.    If we were not in our cabin to receive the phone call they would announce our name over loud speaker to report to our cabin or medical center immediately and to call them.   

38 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Thought I had a pic of the actual soup container they brought but don’t have it.

Did it look like Jimbo's picture. Kind of a fat coffee cup.

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You are right Tea is nice to have when feeling sick and it is good she has you as your advocate to help get her what she wants/needs.    

How is he helping her other then phone calls back and forth? I rather be at my wife's side if she was  feeling sick, not feeling well on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

How is he helping her other then phone calls back and forth? I rather be at my wife's side if she was  feeling sick, not feeling well on a cruise ship.

That can be a big help

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

He was able to fight tooth and nail with guest services to get her a tea kettle.      He wouldn't be able to do that on the phone as they could easily dismiss him by phone.    

I'm not sure I would want Eric in my cabin when I feel miserable.   😇

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

im surprised they let u roam the ship since u were rooming with ur wife who is positive im sure u will test positive here shortly...

He may have had covid the week before their cruise since he had sinus issues.     His caseload of the virus may not have been high enough for a rapid test to pick it up.   And he said his wife had a minor cold for a couple of days before she went to the medical ctr to get tested.      Makes me think she had covid before boarding the ship last weekend.    the average person gets symptoms and tests positive 5-days after contracting the virus.    some people are 3 days some people are 7 days - it varies per person.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He was able to fight tooth and nail with guest services to get her a tea kettle.      He wouldn't be able to do that on the phone as they could easily dismiss him by phone.    

I'm not sure I would want Eric in my cabin when I feel miserable.   😇

Or he could have just got a tea kettle brought to his room and take it to her, would have been a lot faster. Don't see the reason of all the quarantining be done since no one thinks Covid is a big deal anymore and saying it is like any other virus that is going around.

Does Eric stay out of your house when you are sick, not feeling well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No way, no how, just plain no!

Simply repeating what I was told on 2 separate sailings.   One of the crew members that told me this had previously worked in the red zone and was one of those guys that wears the hazmat suit to sterilize each quarantine cabin after the person disembarks.   

Just now, Jimbo said:

Or he could have just got a tea kettle brought to his room and take it to her, would have been a lot faster. Don't see the reason of all the quarantining be done since no one thinks Covid is a big deal anymore and saying it is like any other virus that is going around.

You are not allowed to enter the red zone.     I mistakingly stumbled upon the red zone in January when I went down to deck 2 on Anthem to get something from medical and made a wrong turn.     The fire door was open and I saw guys in hazmat suits walking down the hallway then I saw the huge red signs with warnings and do not enter signs.    then I turned around walked the other way and somehow I ended up standing in the I95 corridor with a buzz of a crew passing me.     It was quite the adventure that morning.

No, Eric stays in the house but sometimes I wish he would leave.     We usually sleep in separate bedrooms when one of us isn't feeling well.    

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Simply repeating what I was told on 2 separate sailings.   One of the crew members that told me this had previously worked in the red zone and was one of those guys that wears the hazmat suit to sterilize each quarantine cabin after the person disembarks.   

Do they incinerate the mattress? Strip up and replace the carpeting? How about the curtains? 
Simple critical thinking goes a long way in deciphering legitimate possibilities and utter nonsense. 
We don’t handle items in contact with an isolated person in this way; even with some of the scariest contagions known (Ebola and CJD come to mind as the most recent I have been a part of) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

lots of maybe maybe so guessing... why risk it and the other guests... he was in close contact with his wife obviously..he should be quarettened with her?

Yup, I understand but that is not the guidance the CDC has recommended for close contacts on cruise ships.   

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Do they incinerate the mattress? Strip up and replace the carpeting? How about the curtains? 
Simple critical thinking goes a long way in deciphering legitimate possibilities and utter nonsense. 
We don’t handle items in contact with an isolated person in this way; even with some of the scariest contagions known (Ebola and CJD come to mind as the most recent I have been a part of) 

NO, of course they do Not completely dismantle and throw away the entire cabin.    As I said in my previous email they will throw away all linens, towels and pretty sure he said pillows too.    

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone notice a trend here? when protocols get laxed on the ships.  Covid positives  cases onboard seem to go back up.

One has to wonder why RCCL  has stopped testing B2B cruisers?  Maybe they don't want to know if there are active cases? Don't want to deal with it, don't want negative press, don't want the quarantine/transportation back home hassle,  don't want to report the numbers. 

Last week on Harmony we were basically told "everything is just about back to normal" .  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Oh well, at the end of the day; I don’t care how many positive cases are on-board. We are past that phase of Covid; we have learned a lot, it just doesn’t matter. 

Everything in my ER, ICU, and CCU have returned to basically normal pre 2020 operations. My mindset, whether I’m on a ship, plane, or land, has likewise returned to a pre 2020 state. 

At this point it should be treated as a virus and testing needs to stop and people need to use common sense and stay home if possible and stay away from others if not. Many of us have been living pre Covid for at least a year now if not more. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

NO, of course they do Not completely dismantle and throw away the entire cabin.    As I said in my previous email they will throw away all linens, towels and pretty sure he said pillows too.    

My point exactly; if they can disinfect the carpet and mattress, the industrial washers and dryers on board will easily disinfect the linens. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

At this point it should be treated as a virus and testing needs to stop and people need to use common sense and stay home if possible and stay away from others if not. Many of us have been living pre Covid for at least a year now if not more. 

Exactly 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My point exactly; if they can disinfect the carpet and mattress, the industrial washers and dryers on board will easily disinfect the linens. 

It’s a virus. Do people throw away their linens at home when they get sick? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Makes me think she had covid before boarding the ship last weekend.   

Most plausible scenario given that she went to medical on day four of the cruise and was experiencing symptoms earlier on the cruise. That combination would point to being exposed 1-3 days pre cruise.  

• Like 1

My wife and I are sailing on this Harmony OTS cruise (celebrating our 58th wedding anniversary) and I discovered this thread earlier today. While visiting guest services a short time ago, I ask if anyone has been diagnosed with Covid on this sailing. The answer given me was "No."  Please do not believe that I  believed his answer.  BTW, Captain "Johnny" had dinner (Lobster) in the main dining last evening at a table only a couple tables over from my wife and me.  He was dining with two female family members per our server.  Johnny noticed that I was taking a photo of him and he gave me a big wave. I think those who have sailed with Johnny will agree that he is quite an entertainer as well as a long term RCL captain!  

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

How would that be faster 🤔 

Not like there's a self serve tea kettle store onboard😉

55 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

One has to wonder why RCCL  has stopped testing B2B cruisers?  Maybe they don't want to know if there are active cases? Don't want to deal with it, don't want negative press, don't want the quarantine/transportation back home hassle,  don't want to report the numbers. 

Last week on Harmony we were basically told "everything is just about back to normal" .  

M

Probably just complying with CDC minimum required protocols

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Some still act like March of 2020 and fear this like it was back then. It is very easily treated now and the majority of people have a cold for a few days and move on now. 

It will be less of a problem as more folks get vaccinated 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1