On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

8 minutes ago, zeroed said:

If you’re scared just say you’re scared and move on. It’s ok. Don’t cruise if you’re so afraid.

The rest of us want to live our lives and enjoy cruising with RC. 

What I am scared of is spending money and making all the arrangements at home to be gone only to have a less then enjoyable time.  Especially when there are alternatives available.  We have been living our lives and haven't had to deal with any protocols for over a year now and I sure don't want to on a vacation.  

Enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 7

I was at a trade show last week.  It was like pre-COVID times with no masking, no social distancing and lots of hugging and hand-shaking.  I just received an email stating there there had been at least one instance of an attendee testing positive so now we need to follow appropriate CDC guidelines. 

At these conferences, I talk a lot and go out to eat with customers and prospects in noisy restaurants and bars.  I stay up late and enjoy many beverages.  I end up losing my voice.  I have chronic sinus issues, plus this time of year with all the pollen, I cough and sneeze.  It's also not unusual for me to pickup a bit of a cold or "something" when I travel.  Maybe it's being around a bunch of other people or exposure to different pollen, but it almost always happens.  I am not running to get tested because it's no different than any conference I went to prior to COVID.  I've had COVID and the vaccines and a booster.  I am not the least bit concerned.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

On Harmony now. Hope I don't get Covid😇

Stay away from the bar stools, don't drink at the  same bar day after day with the same people.😉

Good Luck.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

OP said she has to drink coffee from a cardboard cup  I guess like the ones you get in the DL.😇

Room service food is different than going to MDR not sure what you menu looks like for the Red zone quarantine area.

When my husband was quarantined due to influenza in February 2020, he was given broth, jello and tea.  He did not even have a choice.  He felt like crap, so it didn't really matter.  We were more concerned with the outstanding medical care he was given and the doctors and nurses were wonderful.  Being able to order Escargot and Beef Wellington were of no concern to him 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rudeney said:

I was at a trade show last week.  It was like pre-COVID times with no masking, no social distancing and lots of hugging and hand-shaking.  I just received an email stating there there had been at least one instance of an attendee testing positive so now we need to follow appropriate CDC guidelines. 

At these conferences, I talk a lot and go out to eat with customers and prospects in noisy restaurants and bars.  I stay up late and enjoy many beverages.  I end up losing my voice.  I have chronic sinus issues, plus this time of year with all the pollen, I cough and sneeze.  It's also not unusual for me to pickup a bit of a cold or "something" when I travel.  Maybe it's being around a bunch of other people or exposure to different pollen, but it almost always happens.  I am not running to get tested because it's no different than any conference I went to prior to COVID.  I've had COVID and the vaccines and a booster.  I am not the least bit concerned.

Wouldn't it be prudent to get tested to avoid possibly infecting others if you do have Covid?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

On Harmony next week! I have a 3 day airline trip before then and I'm really hoping I don't get sick.

I've flown back and forth from the East Coast to Los Angeles 4 times in the past year.  I think it's true when they say it's fairly safe on airplanes due to the air filtration system.  Plus, I wear a mask on the flight even when it's not mandated.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rudeney said:

I was at a trade show last week as well. I was 1 of 5 out of maybe 1,500 wearing a mask. I took a PCR on day 7 after the conference, not because I have any symptoms, but because if I did catch anything, I don’t want to spread it to the elderly, immunocompromised, or any kids who aren’t eligible to be vaccinated yet. It’s not hard to care about others you are around. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Wouldn't it be prudent to get tested to avoid possibly infecting others if you do have Covid?

Both my wife and I work from home.  We might get out once or twice a week for shopping or eating out, but none of that is CDC-defined "close-contact" with anyone.  I treat COVID like a cold - if I had a symptomatic cold, I would stay away from people so they don't get it, but if I happened to be around someone with a cold, and I'm asymptomatic, I'm not going to quarantine just because I "might" have a cold and "might" give it to someone else.  BTW, I did do an at-home test and hour ago and it was negative, as I suspected.

Edited by rudeney
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

I was at a trade show last week as well. I was 1 of 5 out of maybe 1,500 wearing a mask. I took a PCR on day 7 after the conference, not because I have any symptoms, but because if I did catch anything, I don’t want to spread it to the elderly, immunocompromised, or any kids who aren’t eligible to be vaccinated yet. It’s not hard to care about others you are around. 

No one at this conference, also about 1500 people, chose to wear a mask.  As for caring about others, I do, and that's why I stay home when I'm symptomatic with any sort of illness.  And I hope that others care about themselves enough to not go into situations that make them uncomfortable.  

6 minutes ago, rudeney said:

No one at this conference, also about 1500 people, chose to wear a mask.  As for caring about others, I do, and that's why I stay home when I'm symptomatic with any sort of illness.  And I hope that others care about themselves enough to not go into situations that make them uncomfortable.  

Some have no choice about going to some job related conferences, my niece is autoimmune and she was one of the key speakers , this was first time she had dinner in restaurants since Covid started . 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, Keksie said:

I think the bottom line is - do you want to pay for a vacation where you can end up in a lesser value cabin, at the mercy of room service, with very little to do for days on end.  I know I don't so we will stick with driving vacations until all these protocols are gone.  

Protocols might be gone, but there will always be the possibility of being quarantined for something like Covid or Norovirus...

Edited by Lane Hog
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, edrussell said:

Has anyone heard anything from OP?  So hard to tell with all back and forth nonsense from the usual suspects on CC.  

Not a peep.    Their plan was to disembark yesterday and drive home to NJ from FL.     Hopefully his wife was feeling up to it and they are on the road.      

• Like 1

Seems like his last post was that he chose to quarantine with his wife.  But he had spent a few days enjoying the ship without her, while she had to drink tea from a soup container.  My guess is that once they locked him in the room with her, she killed him and dumped his body at sea.  I am sure that's what my wife would have done to me.  😜 

• Haha 29

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Don’t forget about the pepper grinders.

Renee sorry to hear you now another victim and caught covid onboard too and now are headed to the dungeon. How many days do they say you will be there, how many days are left on your cruise?

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Renee sorry to hear you now another victim and caught covid onboard too and now are headed to the dungeon. How many days do they say you will be there, how many days are left on your cruise?

I think left FL on Sunday and returns Saturday.  6 night sailing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have Harmony scheduled for Dec. 2023... I hope everything will be OK.  Should I cancel?

Well Carnac says "your guess is as good as mine"  Just when you think the protocols will go away, here comes masks, more testing, more quarantining.  There could be the next millionth variant and the 20th booster needed by then.  

• Like 1