On Harmony now, wife got Covid!

On 5/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

When is your next cruise? 

Rumor is that room stewards have the responsibility to report anyone that stays in their cabin for more than 1 day.       

We were on a cruise a few weeks ago.  One of the days, we chose not to visit the suite lounge during happy hour (slow beverage service; easier to use vouchers).  Also had the unlimited dining package but just wanted to have room service for dinner that night (had been eating way too much!).  Even though we were in and out of our room throughout the day, that evening, the suite concierge called us to make sure that everything was okay with the services that he was providing.  And later that night, the housekeeping manager stopped by to check on our satisfaction with the stateroom attendant's services.  We had the distinct impression that they were actually doing wellness checks.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mkmaj said:

That's what I'm hoping. At this point, I've been vaccinated, boosted, and had Covid twice (those spikes love me, I guess) so I'm not concerned about getting very ill but I am concerned about being stuffed in a tiny cabin with no balcony drinking coffee out of a soup container 😉. I would, however, drink coffee out of a shoe if it meant being quarantined on a balcony.

I completely agree, unless they fix that, I might stick to short US cruises so I can get off in a few days and go home.  I’m rethinking a 9 day disembarking in Rome.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, zeroed said:

Makes me wonder if the increased numbers have anything to do with allowing unvaxxed kids and their unwashy-washied hands grappling buffet spoons, piling up in the kids clubs, etc to sail.  Hey, kids sail free! 

totally agree!

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They would probably call security and have them stay outside their door. I have seen this before (pre covid). Not sure what the offense was though.

Yes, Cruising getting back to normal, Drink Package "Sales", Chair Hogs and now Security sitting outside a Cabin. Been a while since witnessed last one...

• Haha 1

I was on the same cruise. I am a member of the facebook May 1st cruise group AT LEAST 40 cruisers tested positive AFTER this cruise-myself included! I only had a scratchy throat and would not have thought to even test myself-till I read how many people had posted they were positive- I was actually 5 rooms down from another positive cruiser.. I was positive on Tuesday after I got off the ship on Sunday. I almost think cruisers should test themselves at home just to be sure. I did feel like the ship was too crowded- the windjammer was only open on one side for dinner and it was crazy in there! I did notify RCL and got a "Hope you feel better soon " reply back .LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, Keksie said:

I think the bottom line is - do you want to pay for a vacation where you can end up in a lesser value cabin, at the mercy of room service, with very little to do for days on end.  I know I don't so we will stick with driving vacations until all these protocols are gone.  

I'm seriously starting to have second thoughts concerning my October Allure cruise that was originally booked in the fall of 2019 and has been changed 3X.

I can quarantine a couple of weeks prior to departure in order to be sure I test negative, jump through all of the hoops, and still end up with a crappy vacation if my husband or I pick Covid up either between testing and departure or on the ship.

Let me stay in my cabin with my balcony and I might feel differently, but I'm really not sure I'm willing to take a chance that my vacation will be ruined once on board.

(Fully vaxxed with 2 boosters.)

Edited by mek
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, mek said:

I'm seriously starting to have second thoughts concerning my October Allure cruise

Maybe by October, common sense will prevail with pre-cruise testing requirements cancelled and quarantines being in your own cabin, if they even force you to quarantine because of a "positive test".  

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Maybe by October, common sense will prevail with pre-cruise testing requirements cancelled and quarantines being in your own cabin, if they even force you to quarantine because of a "positive test".  

Maybe once the media starts reporting the reality, that the current variant isn't very dangerous and is absolutely nothing like the original we'll see some common sense prevail.    There will never be zero cases, just like there will never be zero cases of flu, common cold, etc yet I think some terrified people think it's the only way they can live their lives again.  As contagious as the last couple of variants have been, I think some people would be surprised to find they've already had it without even knowing it.

Edited by BND
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, mek said:

I'm seriously starting to have second thoughts concerning my October Allure cruise that was originally booked in the fall of 2019 and has been changed 3X.

I can quarantine a couple of weeks prior to departure in order to be sure I test negative, jump through all of the hoops, and still end up with a crappy vacation if my husband or I pick Covid up either between testing and departure or on the ship.

Let me stay in my cabin with my balcony and I might feel differently, but I'm really not sure I'm willing to take a chance that my vacation will be ruined once on board.

(Fully vaxxed with 2 boosters.)

If they would allow people to stay in their booked cabin I agree it wouldn't be so bad.

Aaahh...the suite life and roomservice....I could handle that.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 3:37 AM, cementhands said:

Earl Weaver the great little coach of the Baltimore Orioles 🏆passed away on a cruise ship. Celebrity I believe! Always thought it was a nice way to go🙏 

I'm not sure about that characterization, but Weaver was certainly colorful, in a Tommy Lasorda way. Weaver died on Celebrity Silhouette about ten years ago, which I know because my dad was on that cruise. If you have a chance, try to find the audio of Weaver doing a takeoff of his usual post game radio show, in which he expresses himself in a Lasorda opinion of Dave Kingman 's performance way.

That's probably it for me - I just saw the above reference and had a giggle.

Everyone stay safe!

Edited by knotmeister

image.png.e356eb0adfb07897a7b42dcdc8ccd6f7.png

This is indeed what they served my "coffee" in when I was in the red zone on Oasis. Only thing it was actually full of hot water with a packet of instant coffee to make my own. Never understood why they couldn't have just as easily filled it with black coffee. I was only there for one day so it wasn't a big deal. If I had been there longer I would be asking for brewed coffee for sure.