Are port shuttles back on? Where?

kaymoz

1 hour ago, ewenwash said:

How about shuttles in April 2023 in Opatija, Zadar, Split, Kotor and Sibenik?

Thanks for sharing information.

No need for shuttles in Zadar, Split and Kotor.

Sorry, haven't been to the others so unable to comment.

• 2 months later...

Patmos - dock directly in town

Rhodes - I just know Heraklion (not with Azamara) it is walkable but also enough taxis 

Crete Chania - tender into old port - no shuttle, in 2019 we docked in Souda because of bunkering water, there was a shuttle provided

Mykonos - tender into old port - no shuttle 

Chios and Kos I have not been by ship

Does anyone know if there is a complimentary Azamara shuttle in Ravenna, Italy from the cruise port to the city center.  

My understanding is that the city center is 20 minutes from the cruise port.  The Azamara excursion list for Ravenna has a city transport only (no tour) for $69 a person.  Seriously,  I about fell over in my chair.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

We took the cruise on 5-6-23 to 5-18-23. We departed from Barcelona, and we ended the cruise in the port of Chioggia, Italy for an overnight stay on 5-17-23 to 5-18-23. If you want to visit Venice from the port of Chioggia, you have to walk over 1 mile to the bus stop. The bus runs every hour and it cost less than 5 Euros. It takes an hour or so for the bus gets to the bus terminal right outside Venice. The walk is short to find transportation via water to the area of St. Mark's square. When you leave you must again find transportation via the canals back to the bus terminal. When you get back to the Chioggia area the nearest bus stop to the ship is again over a mile walk back to the ship. If you are in decent shape the long walk to the bus stop or back to the ship is a piece of cake.

Our situation was different because my wife has a walking problem in her right legs which caused her to drag her leg although she uses a rollator and in the past two years, I've had both my knees replaced. We're also both 71 years old and we're not used to walking that far. There were a lot of fellow cruisers that took that walk to get to Venice and it was exhausting. The last day we departed the ship and Azamara had motor coaches within 50 feet of the ship.

Why can't Azamara provide transportation to and from Venice. How hard is it to have motor coaches shuttling paid guest back and forth to Venice on the day before we depart. The shore excursions were very limited which was very disappointing. If they can have 10 busses next to the ship at the port in Chioggia on disembarkation morning, why can't they provide busses to Venice and back to the ship at the port of Chioggia. We love Azamara cruises but the port in Chioggia quite frankly was a poor choice and I don't have a solution for that but if that's the closest port to Venice then please provide transportation for us to get to Venice and back to the port of Chioggia and closer to the ship. 

Tyler

• Like 2

Dubrovnik can be a docked port if its too windy to tender. A shuttle will be provided to the Pile Gate if this is the case. Had this happen  twice before.

Sorrento is a tender port, there is a lift up to the town level, its just along the walkway from where the tenders arrive. You can buy a return ticket, think it was €2. 

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KTV said:

What about Siracusa, Messina, Dubrovnik, or Sorrento?
Thank you in advance!

Syracuse we were docked right into town a short walk away from the city centre. Sorrento is a tender port where you are also dropped off right in the centre of town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Syracuse we were docked right into town a short walk away from the city centre. Sorrento is a tender port where you are also dropped off right in the centre of town.

Not exactly dropped "right in the centre of town" but at the base of the cliffs from where it is a good walk up to the centre of Sorrento, or I believe there is now a lift one can use.

14 minutes ago, JIM R said:

Does Azamara provide a complimentary shuttle from Zeebrugge to Bruges ?

I doubt if they provide a complimentary shuttle to Bruges most cruise lines provide shuttles to the train station in nearby Blankenburg. From there there’s a regular train service into Bruges, not been there recently but the return fare was very reasonable.

8 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I doubt if they provide a complimentary shuttle to Bruges most cruise lines provide shuttles to the train station in nearby Blankenburg. From there there’s a regular train service into Bruges, not been there recently but the return fare was very reasonable.

That was our experience last summer and the train fare to Bruges was very cheap