Covid test results not received prior to boarding

Cajuntraveler

I can't find an answer on X's web site so hope someone has an answer.  What happens if you do not receive your covid test results prior to boarding time.

We have proof of taking the test two days prior to our cruise but haven't received results.  We usually cruise on HAL and they will test at the port if you have proof that you took the test, but don't have results yet. Does Celebrity have any policies on this issue?  Anyone had this problem?  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

OP doesn't leave until Sunday.  I suspect their test will come in by then.

Which means that it may have been taken too early?

In health and bon voyage

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I wonder.

They will find out at the port!

Which points out that 'thoroughly' reading X's website or a very good TA is all important during these times.

My TA called me back today to insure that I understood the testing requirements to board and for one stop in the itinerary... They will call me again on Saturday to make sure I did, in fact, took the test... LOL

My response was 'Thanks Mom, much appreciated'!!!!

In health and bon voyage

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

I can't find an answer on X's web site so hope someone has an answer.  What happens if you do not receive your covid test results prior to boarding time.

We have proof of taking the test two days prior to our cruise but haven't received results.  We usually cruise on HAL and they will test at the port if you have proof that you took the test, but don't have results yet. Does Celebrity have any policies on this issue?  Anyone had this problem?  Thanks!

I would say if you didn't plan accordingly to have results in time, you screwed up BIG TIME. It is way too easy to do the home proctored test in 20 minutes flat and get results. I know the PCR tests that take 1-2 days are generally free and you need to pay for a faster result. If you chose to save a few bucks on a multi thousand dollar vacation and opted for the free test that hopefully gets the results in time, then I hope it works out. For me personally, the stress of waiting would be too much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I would say if you didn't plan accordingly to have results in time, you screwed up BIG TIME. It is way too easy to do the home proctored test in 20 minutes flat and get results. I know the PCR tests that take 1-2 days are generally free and you need to pay for a faster result. If you chose to save a few bucks on a multi thousand dollar vacation and opted for the free test that hopefully gets the results in time, then I hope it works out. For me personally, the stress of waiting would be too much.

In addition the let down of being positive all this time and not being able to react accordingly, in a timely manner....

In health and bon voyage

Thanks to all of you who responded.   The best laid plans don't always work out.  We took the test early this AM at our local hospital and should have received the results within an hour. (We fly to the port tomorrow AM) The hospital had an unexpected problem with their lab, and I panicked.  We just got the negative results back.  I had a back up appointment at Walgreens that I cancelled after taking the test this AM..  Next time I won't cancel my back up til I have results.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Thanks to all of you who responded.   The best laid plans don't always work out.  We took the test early this AM at our local hospital and should have received the results within an hour. (We fly to the port tomorrow AM) The hospital had an unexpected problem with their lab, and I panicked.  We just got the negative results back.  I had a back up appointment at Walgreens that I cancelled after taking the test this AM..  Next time I won't cancel my back up til I have results.

No worries, we read many 'panic' posts around here.. many of which are labeled as such! LOL

Happy to read that everything is working out, as expected on your part.

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

In addition the let down of being positive all this time and not being able to react accordingly, in a timely manner....

In health and bon voyage

Off topic story, but you might find it interesting.  We have a somewhat elderly neighbor who totally refuses to tell anyone how old he is  Then one day I realized that his email address is JoeC1936 …

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I see this has been resolved but perhaps no one will ask for test results. Happened to us boarding Eclipse in Vancouver 😡 

We asked several people and were told “up there” meaning the next person would ask. No one ever did!

• Like 1

In January, we took the PCR test.  We were told results in 1-2 days.  4 days later, we got results. Oceania did testing at the dock.  Complimentary…. It really eliminated the stress.  In fact, everyone had to test at the dock. 
friends did e med  tests.  Paid for overnight delivery.  Came 3 days late.  Bought 6 tests for 2 people.  Some of the tests were open and unacceptable.  Extra tests saved the day.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

I see this has been resolved but perhaps no one will ask for test results. Happened to us boarding Eclipse in Vancouver 😡 

We asked several people and were told “up there” meaning the next person would ask. No one ever did!

What?!?! That's crazy. I have been on several Celebrity sailings since the restart out of FLL and MIA and both places they haven't even let me in the door without showing negative results at the entrance and then I had to show them again to the person who went over my health questionnaire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Off topic story, but you might find it interesting.  We have a somewhat elderly neighbor who totally refuses to tell anyone how old he is  Then one day I realized that his email address is JoeC1936 …

I can relate... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

What?!?! That's crazy. I have been on several Celebrity sailings since the restart out of FLL and MIA and both places they haven't even let me in the door without showing negative results at the entrance and then I had to show them again to the person who went over my health questionnaire.

I was on the same cruise with @lovecruzin.  If my memory is correct the April 23rd embarkation of the Eclipse was the third cruise ship to embark in Vancouver.  The boarding staff at Canada Place, who I understand to be port employees, were very under-trained.  Remember -- there were no cruise ship departing from Vancouver last summer.

The person dealing with us had to ask for assistance every step of the process.  She couldn't understand the i-Pad.  Her supervisor became frustrated with her which didn't help her at all.  While we were asked to show our testing results, given how untrained the folks were, it doesn't surprise me at all that someone wasn't asked.  Once Canada Place boards more ships the boarding staff will be fully trained.

• Thanks 1

I'm wondering what happens if you do everything right — change flight for an arrival in Rome to accommodate the 1-day rule — get tested at FCO — and for some reason the results don't come as promised. And you could prove you took the required test. Given that Celebrity tests "fully vaccinated" at the pier, would they actually not test and deny boarding to an "up-to-date" passenger who did all he/she could? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, indy406 said:

I'm wondering what happens if you do everything right — change flight for an arrival in Rome to accommodate the 1-day rule — get tested at FCO — and for some reason the results don't come as promised. And you could prove you took the required test. Given that Celebrity tests "fully vaccinated" at the pier, would they actually not test and deny boarding to an "up-to-date" passenger who did all he/she could? 

I think it is a safe bet that in this situation, the passenger would be denied boarding.

bon voyage

Even more reason to use the home test via proctor.

At the same time, nobody cared about my Covid test aside from a visual inspection of a plain email. Anyone could have written/designed that. It wasn't photographed or retained in hard copy either.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:02 PM, Cajuntraveler said:

That's good thinking.  We always book a back-up test (don't really want to rely on the proctored ones) and when we get the results we cancel the second test.  I feel a bit guilty tying up a timeslot but with these testing requirements I have to do what I have to do.