On Brilliance and Just Tested POSITIVE

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Royal Caribbean suspended B2B testing a few weeks ago.  We were tested in between our April 17 and April 24 cruises so it was discontinued sometime after May 1.     The passenger can't "insist" on a test, but I guess a passenger can bring a test kit and simply  self test any time they want. 

I have no idea why B2B testing ended.  

M

Thank you for validating this.  I was beaten about the virtual head and shoulders a few weeks ago about posting that RCCL had stopped testing between b2b cruises, and that I was propagating false info. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, renji said:

Which is why they should just accept covid as a fact of life and cruising, and make it still a relatively pleasant (or at least not utterly miserable) experience to test positive. 

Yeah, I can see this point of view, having lived through it knowing people were clearly up above spreading it around. I'm sure the current system will end soon as it's not logistically sustainable. The CDC no longer cares about the role of the cruise industry in transmitting covid. I suspect the industry will drop testing first, and then vaccine requirements. What does need to happen is improved medical care for people who are sick onboard. If it's just sniffles for someone, that's great. But it's not for all. Let the people who are sick be seen by a physician, with follow-up checks. Have antiviral medications onboard. Prioritize care for those who need it.

Beyond that, people need to take an honest look at their own health before boarding. 

• Like 7

OP:  does your husband have a cell phone, ipad, or laptop with him?  If so, I suggest you download the Kindle app, and go to bookbub.com.  It's a free subscription and catalog of ebooks in all formats.  Prices are free-to-$2.99.

Sign up for wifi for the rest of the cruise, and download some books to read in quarantine.

I agree your husband should go with you to the quarantine hotel, since he's been exposed, but tested negative.  He might have a problem with other hotels.

Edited by pcur

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Currently there is a separate line for Suites and Pinnacles.   I have not seen any separate lines for Diamond or D+.       

If you show up at your check in time you should be able to enter the cruise terminal with no wait and be onboard in about 10 to 15 minutes. 

I find it easier to print out my covid test results instead of scrambling to find on our phones.   Helps speed up the process for everyone else too.   

I definitely agree … I have my necessary paperwork printed, along with my Passport Wallet with my vaccination card.

I last cruised in March  with Carnival on the Panorama . Just took a few minutes. 

Thanks for the info on the lines too!  I’ll hope that there is enough staff at Guest Services then … 🤷🏻‍♀️.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renji said:

You post raises an interesting question—in addition to quarantine rooms, why not have a single covid segregated lounge/restaurant for those who feel well enough to have meals there, preferably with fresh air?

Probably because it would expose crew members to covid.  They in turn could then spread it to other crew members and passengers.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Thanks🤗.  

Hey, one more question if you don’t mind.  It’s been 4 years since I’ve been on Royal.  Is there a separate line at Guest Services — for Diamond, Suites Etc—  Or is there just one?  I don’t recall.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Currently there is a separate line for Suites and Pinnacles.   I have not seen any separate lines for Diamond or D+.       

If you show up at your check in time you should be able to enter the cruise terminal with no wait and be onboard in about 10 to 15 minutes. 

I find it easier to print out my covid test results instead of scrambling to find on our phones.   Helps speed up the process for everyone else too.   

No separate line at Guest Services based on Loyalty status.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Probably because it would expose crew members to covid.  They in turn could then spread it to other crew members and passengers.

There are hundreds of people walking around on every full capacity ship right now in the transmission phase of Covid. The crew are exposed. You don't see them complaining about wearing masks. They know what's going on. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jasukkie said:

There are hundreds of people walking around on every full capacity ship right now in the transmission phase of Covid. The crew are exposed. You don't see them complaining about wearing masks. They know what's going on. 

I know that the crew are exposed.  But I seriously doubt that the cruise line would want to place crew into a roomful of people that are known to have covid.

Anyway, do you honestly think crew members would complain to customers about wearing masks?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I know that the crew are exposed.  But I seriously doubt that the cruise line would want to place crew into a roomful of people that are known to have covid.

Anyway, do you honestly think crew members would complain to customers about wearing masks?

Oh, they definitely know they are placing them in a roomful of people with covid. 

18 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Having talked to the CD on EN a few weeks ago, you would be wrong.  They were supposed to stop wearing them at the beginning of April, but that was stopped before it was put into effect.  They were looking forward to getting rid of them.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pcur said:

OP:  does your husband have a cell phone, ipad, or laptop with him?  If so, I suggest you download the Kindle app, and go to bookbub.com.  It's a free subscription and catalog of ebooks in all formats.  Prices are free-to-$2.99.

Sign up for wifi for the rest of the cruise, and download some books to read in quarantine.

I agree your husband should go with you to the quarantine hotel, since he's been exposed, but tested negative.  He might have a problem with other hotels.

Along the same lines as the bookbub suggestion, if you have your library card (or if hubby has his card number to share) with you check your library website.  You may find your hometown library offers digital loans of ebooks, audiobooks and/or videos.  You may be able to use your cellphone if you do not have another device (if you don’t want to read on a small screen, try the audiobooks). You may need to download an app.  Quarantine would be a good time to take advantage of their offerings, if any.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Along the same lines as the bookbub suggestion, if you have your library card (or if hubby has his card number to share) with you check your library website.  You may find your hometown library offers digital loans of ebooks, audiobooks and/or videos.  You may be able to use your cellphone if you do not have another device (if you don’t want to read on a small screen, try the audiobooks). You may need to download an app.  Quarantine would be a good time to take advantage of their offerings, if any.

Good suggestions!  I also download Kindle books from my library.  It's just I prefer to take my own library with me so I have choices.  But, I'm a crazy lots-of-books-on-a-cruise reader:  I have 365 books on my iphone. 

Also, joining Amazon's Kindle Unlimited is another choice.  One can get 3 months free to start.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Thank you for validating this.  I was beaten about the virtual head and shoulders a few weeks ago about posting that RCCL had stopped testing between b2b cruises, and that I was propagating false info. 

We were on B2B's on the Allure on April 22nd and April 30th.  On April 29th we had to go to the MDR for our B2B testing for the next cruise on the 30th.  We disembarked on the 8th May. Those who were B2Bing from May 8th did not have to have Covid testing onboard. So we were the last cruise to do so on April 30th on the Allure.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zebra said:

We were on B2B's on the Allure on April 22nd and April 30th.  On April 29th we had to go to the MDR for our B2B testing for the next cruise on the 30th.  We disembarked on the 8th May. Those who were B2Bing from May 8th did not have to have Covid testing onboard. So we were the last cruise to do so on April 30th on the Allure.  

I was on the Navi from 4/27 to 5/13, and they stopped testing for the 5/6 cruise.

57 minutes ago, BND said:

They were supposed to stop wearing them at the beginning of April, but that was stopped before it was put into effect.  

Why did they say it was stopped?

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why did they say it was stopped?

Why do you think?  Hello, beginning of April numbers weren't dropping as fast and I think Royal got cold feet, plus other lines weren't doing it.  I can't express my real opinion or it will get deleted.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Why do you think?  Hello, beginning of April numbers weren't dropping as fast and I think Royal got cold feet, plus other lines weren't doing it.  I can't express my real opinion or it will get deleted.

You can express your real opinion, free speech? I will read it real fast......  lol

• Haha 5

Update on my Covid quarantine experience.  Last night as I was setting my dinner containers in the hall a very nicely dressed couple stopped me to ask how to “get out”.  I asked if they have COVID and they said no.  I told them they were in a quarantine Covid area.  They were shocked!  I told them I knew a way to get them “out” and led them down COVID Hall to elevators that I had scoped out earlier in case I needed a quick getaway.

Also met a neighbor with a 4 year old boy and his wife.  They are from Ireland.  He and his family all tested positive after his son spiked a high fever which necessitated a call to Medical.  They tested positive a week ago today on the May 6 trip.  They are still testing positive as of yesterday and at this point they want to get off in Grease to make their way to Mykonos where they booked a flight back to Ireland, but he just told me that the port stop to Mykonos has been cancelled tomorrow due to high winds.  So now they are not sure what they are going to do.  He thinks they caught COVID from his elderly parents, who had symptoms but managed to get back to Ireland when they were in Rome.

More cases of COVID joining me on COVID Hall last night.  A rough count is 10 total.

My husband tested negative today, his 3rd negative.  Two more to go.  He was informed last night that he has to order all his meals in the room.  Also not receiving any cabin cleaning etc. because I tested positive in the cabin.  Initially, we were told I would be reimbursed for this cruise and he would not.  He is going to talk to guest relations to get some compensation for his all the reduced benefits etc.  Also will be trying to get my compensation package finalized before we depart.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, 1947wwjd said:

More cases of COVID joining me on COVID Hall last night.  A rough count is 10 total.

Glad you are keeping a good attitude, and hope you all progress toward testing (-).  Stinks that you're having to deal w/ it, but overall sounds as though the protocols are been a success thus far (less than .5% with Covid).

Edited by bucfan2

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Glad you are keeping a good attitude, and hope you all progress toward testing (-).  Stinks that you're having to deal w/ it, but overall sounds as though the protocols are been a success thus far (less than .5% with Covid).

Sounds like a great success. Very nice way to spend your vacation time on a cruise ship.

How do you know it's less then .5%? Are you able to get the true counts? or just  a rumored count by this one passenger onboard?

How would you know if not another hallway on same deck or another deck has more positive cases of passengers in more quarantine cabins?

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How do you know it's less then .5%? Are you able to get the true counts? or just  a rumored count by this one passenger onboard?

How would you know if not another hallway on same deck or another deck has more positive cases of passengers in more quarantine cabins?

Well, hmmm....yep, going off the OP's info - have no reason to doubt what they are saying, and here's one for ya Jimbob....that just happens to be the discussion of this thread.

We all understand you don't like the protocols, and aren't cruising...which is good for you.  What I don't understand is what satisfaction you seem to gleem being on a cruise site in these times.  You certainly give new meaning to being the 'life of the party' lol.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 5

You sure are a Debbie downer!  Why so negative? I posted information I have gathered by walking the halls that are coded RED on deck 3.  I am free to walk as much as I please in the quarantined area and I know who is receiving room service meals.  Several of us in quarantine have been able to have hallway conversations.  My stateroom door is always open.  We are all trying to make the best of our situation.  Really don’t appreciate your snarky insulations.  Maybe you can find another thread to leave your comments as they are not appreciated here.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Well, hmmm....yep, going off the OP's info - have no reason to doubt what they are saying, and here's one for ya Jimbob....that just happens to be the discussion of this thread.

We all understand you don't like the protocols, and aren't cruising...which is good for you.  What I don't understand is what satisfaction you seem to gleem being on a cruise site in these times.  You certainly give new meaning to being the 'life of the party' lol.

In quarantine we can guess how many might be with us on the quarantine floor by seeing how many RS trays are outside a door. I've attached pictures from my current experience on APEX.  Are there are other quarantine areas? I can't say but what I can say is that it's easy for someone to question, 2nd guess and insert their opinion about what's actually happening from the comfort of their home rather than accepting what we....those in quarantine...are sharing about OUR experience.

20220514_203112.jpg

20220514_203010.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1