Enchanted Princess Safety Onboard?

Minnie29

Can anyone who has recently been on the Enchanted Princess tell me about the Covid Protocols onboard at present?

How safe does it feel at the moment and how many passengers are catching Covid?

Currently on board. All Crew wearing masks at all times. Passengers - very few wearing masks. 
Have heard that passenger numbers are

less than half capacity. Cruise director mentioned last night 45%
No idea re Covid numbers on board but there are definitely cabin areas closed off!

It does ‘feel safe’ if that helps but who knows? 

3 minutes ago, champagnecruiser said:

Currently on board. All Crew wearing masks at all times. Passengers - very few wearing masks. 

No idea re Covid numbers on board but there are definitely cabin areas closed off!

That's pretty much the same way as when the ship was in the Caribbean. 

Most people didn't wear masks at any time, including elevators or theater, while a few wore them all the time, even at the bars between sips. 

No one would say a word one way or the other.

Did you have any issues booking Speciality dining and what were those restaurants like for space?

My husband is immunosuppressed, having had a stem cell transplant last year so we are concerned regarding safety. We can wear our FFP2 masks ourselves but of course it will depends on others.

49 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

My husband is immunosuppressed, having had a stem cell transplant last year so we are concerned regarding safety. We can wear our FFP2 masks ourselves but of course it will depends on others.

Unfortunately, this is a question that no one can answer 100%.    You can mask up but don't expect everyone else to do the same.   As long as you eat/drink and remove your mask you are putting yourself at risk.   Many people on these boards will tell you they masked all the time but they still ended up catching the virus.    Others will tell you they never masked and didn't catch it.     What many don't consider is the possibility of catching covid thru your eyes.    I think just wearing a mask isn't enough, but you need to do your own research on this.    The risk is there, no question.....I would consult your doctor and get his/her opinion rather that relying on a bunch of people with varying degrees of opinion on the matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly don't think a cruise ship is the safest place for a vacation at this time. It's impossible to stay isolated from others on a ship compared to say like an all inclusive resort.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 8:18 AM, champagnecruiser said:

Do you remember what the quarantine deck was they used on the Enchanted?

TIA

9 hours ago, JerrySueW said:

Back in January the quarantine section was on Dophin deck, from mid-ship forward, both sides.

In Mar/April it was also a portion of Deck 8, starboard side. 

Things may have changed since then.

• Like 1

I’ve just been on the 3rd June Enchanted cruise, and it was Dolphin starboard side (mid ship). Our balcony was above so I figured if hubs or I got quarantined we could stand on the balcony and shout down, like a modern Romeo and Juliet.

Oh, and I think we had about 75% capacity. Staff wearing masks but not many passengers seemed to, only really saw people wearing them on the tenders. I didn’t go to MDR or theatre so not sure about in there. They were recommended in the lifts, but generally I didn’t see many others doing it so I stuck to the stairs. 
I am quite an anxious person, I didn’t feel unsafe but there wasn’t much social distancing going on so for nervous people or those with pre existing health issues it may not be the right time yet. I did have a fab time though.

• Like 1

I've been on two transatlantics - one in Nov21 and April22. April was on the Enchanted. On the April one, our cabin was on Dolphin and 3/4 of it was closed for covid isolation. As far as I can tell there weren't many covid cases on the TA, but it did continue on for 11 more days for about 1500 passengers and lots of covid then. My husband and I are diligent mask wears and hand sanitizers. We went to the theater and Princess Live and always wore masks. Most people did not. My husband is quite outspoken and makes comments when people didn't wear masks on the elevator.  Neither of us got covid. I just returned from a 3 day conference in Indianapolis where everyone was vaxed and masked for the conference and I came home with covid. Don't know if I got it before I went (although i haven't been out), or in a restaurant in Indiana, but somewhere I slipped up.  I know i was getting a little lacks and wasnt as careful.  After 2 cruises and one trip to Chicago with no covid, i was feeling over confident.  If you wear your mask all the time in crowds and whenever possible, sanitize your hands, avoid crowds - board late, no rush to get anywhere, no lines, that's the best you can do. There are some tables in the dining room that are verily isolated. Visit the dining room on departure day and ask the maitre'd for one of those tables at a set time each night.

Princess told me on Friday that they're sailing 75% full this summer. Of course, that could change, though we certainly hope not! That's one of the main reasons that we're ok with sailing this summer on the Enchanted. We're double boosted and will wear masks aboard ship, even if in the minority. Haven't yet decided if we'll go to the theatre... we'll see...

Disembarked Enchanted on Friday 17th June and both my husband and myself tested positive on Saturday.  We were exceptionally mindful, used stairs, only used empty lifts with masks on, wore masks on tenders and buses , in the buffet and ate breakfast outside and avoided congestion, repeatedly washed our hands and sanitised.   At 70% capacity and all staff masked up, unfortunately many guests didn't appear to care very much which really surprised me.  We both took LFT three times during the 14 day trip and tested negative.   Its all very well us initially getting on board negative but you're only good on the day that you do the pre cruise test.  We stopped about seven times and many people (obviously) got off but with no more random day compulsory testing who's to know what you're bringing back with you.  It's a huge risk and whilst we had a lovely cruise I've had to defer my hip replacement in July as my hospital require seven weeks clear.  Think carefully is all I can say and consider what you have planned post cruise.  I guess the only saving grace is that it didn't spoil our cruise but inhindsight it wasn't the best choice we've made.  With the UK airports in such a mess it seemed a good option at the time!

18 hours ago, cjpj said:

My husband is quite outspoken and makes comments when people didn't wear masks on the elevator. 

And what was their response to his comment?

It sounds like the same situation when we sailed on the Enchanted back in Mar/April. 

23 hours ago, cjpj said:

I've been on two transatlantics - one in Nov21 and April22. April was on the Enchanted. On the April one, our cabin was on Dolphin and 3/4 of it was closed for covid isolation. As far as I can tell there weren't many covid cases on the TA, but it did continue on for 11 more days for about 1500 passengers and lots of covid then. My husband and I are diligent mask wears and hand sanitizers. We went to the theater and Princess Live and always wore masks. Most people did not. My husband is quite outspoken and makes comments when people didn't wear masks on the elevator.  Neither of us got covid. I just returned from a 3 day conference in Indianapolis where everyone was vaxed and masked for the conference and I came home with covid. Don't know if I got it before I went (although i haven't been out), or in a restaurant in Indiana, but somewhere I slipped up.  I know i was getting a little lacks and wasnt as careful.  After 2 cruises and one trip to Chicago with no covid, i was feeling over confident.  If you wear your mask all the time in crowds and whenever possible, sanitize your hands, avoid crowds - board late, no rush to get anywhere, no lines, that's the best you can do. There are some tables in the dining room that are verily isolated. Visit the dining room on departure day and ask the maitre'd for one of those tables at a set time each night.

If your husband said anything to me in elevator, I would give him a strong word

• Like 2

On 6/20/2022 at 11:55 AM, MissP22 said:

And what was their response to his comment?

It sounds like the same situation when we sailed on the Enchanted back in Mar/April. 

I don't really recall... its been awhile now.

I was on Enchanted in March.  She is beautiful and I would sail her again tomorrow.  Remember when we worried about Noro, before covid became our big concern?  I believe safety on board is mostly in each passengers control.  Don't get in crowded elevators.  Wash your hands frequently.  Keep your hands away from your face.  Avoid touching things that don't require touching.  Use a mask in necessary crowded situations.  Eat outside when you can.  I traveled with a group of 8, one who is immunocompromised and none of us got sick.  Just my thought.

Covid is a bad cold/flu - not a killer disease.  My Mother has a 'killer disease' -it's called M.S. and one day it will kill her.  It has not, however, stopped her from having a full and interesting life!

You should treat Covid just as you would a cold/flu and avoid people who may be vulnerable or infirm.

Everyone has been vaccinated twice and boosted, sometimes twice, so if you do get it, just like with a flu vaccine, you won't get it that badly anyway.

I have vulnerable parents and have avoided them in the past if I had a cold or flu, I shall do the same with Covid.

Cruise ships have always been extremely safe places because of all the health protocols they have to put in place already because of such things as Norovirus, and now they have upgraded their systems they are even better.

We have friends who have gone on cruises, tested negative, and then had it on their return.

We need to get on with living, or the few years left to some of us will be rather dull to say the least!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We caught covid on Enchanted on the May 2nd-June 3rd sailing. We think we caught it by sharing tables at dinner. Every where else we wore masks. Tables for 2 were hard to come by even though there were only 1400 passengers on board. There were 9 isolation cabins in use 4 on starboard and 5 on port side. We did see someone in a hazmat suit clean and spray all the cabins we could see tat were not in use. Lots of cleaning going on around the ship but it's theonly sip i've been on where the balcony is covered in salt. However the doors to the public toilets were very heavy and you had no choice but to touch the handles and push hard. They could have kept the main entrance doors to the toilets open so there would have been less touching.