Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Supposed to be Bimini on Saturday...

That reminds me! On our cruise the absolute cheapest and strongest drinks were at the bar in the first building you walk into off the tram in Bimini.  Like 5 bucks a pop for my gin and soda with extremely long pours when you chat up the bartender.  You may want to try there for some cheap drinks that day.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Supposed to be Bimini on Saturday...

Not trying to scare any one; just a heads up here that it may get a little rough out there. This is what was in the NHC’s morning weather outlook says.

Tropical Weather Outlook

NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL

800 AM EDT Thu Jun 2 2022

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Near the Yucatan Peninsula and Southeastern Gulf of Mexico:

A broad area of low pressure located over the northeastern portion of the Yucatan Peninsula continues to produce a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and Yucatan Peninsula.  Despite strong upper-level

winds, this system is likely to become a tropical depression or tropical storm while it moves slowly northeastward over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and southeastern Gulf of Mexico during the next day or two.  Interests in western Cuba, the Florida Keys,

and the Florida Peninsula should monitor the progress of this system, and tropical storm watches or warnings could be required for some of these areas later today.

Regardless of development, areas of heavy rainfall are likely across portions of the Yucatan Peninsula and western Cuba during the next day or so, spreading across southern and central Florida and the Florida Keys Friday and Friday night, and the northwestern

Bahamas on Saturday.  These heavy rains could cause scattered to numerous flash floods across South Florida and the Florida Keys.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.

There is also a second area they are looking at but it is out in the Atlantic north and east of the Bahamas.

Edited by LeeRB
addition
  • Like 2

Sid, I’m one of your silent followers. Enjoy reading about your VV cruises, Being like you I have had to book rebook 3 times also. And am finally getting to sail this year. I was wanting to know looking at the restaurant times and shows from others. I’m sailing solo, is it possible to have dinner at one of the booked restaurants at say 7:30, and be out in time for a 9:00 performance/show? I can on other cruise lines especially if I dine by myself. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, LeeRB said:

Sid I think I understand your pain. Back in May 2012 I was looking at being retired by the end of July and my wife and I had a cruise booked for November 2012 and were looking at one in the April 2013 as well. During Christmas 2012 my wife started having pain in her ribs on her right side. We wrote it off as a muscle strain or pull from the girls. We were staying with our daughter and her family; she had twin toddler girls. They constantly wanted Granny to pick them up and usually at the same time; and it had to be Granny, no one else would do. The only exception seemed to be at mealtime; then it was a battle most of the time to get them in their highchairs. After we got back to Alabama she seemed to be getting worse and went to the doctor 3 times from mid-January through the 1st week of February. On her 3rd visit she was in so much pain that her doctor hospitalized her with a possible ongoing heart attack. After they ruled out a heart attack they did multiple tests, x-ray’s and scans including a biopsy when she had her annual mammogram; finally resulting in a diagnosis of Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer on February 27th 2013 (the same day her mammogram came back negative again). She was improving with the medication and treatments and her oncologist gave final approval for her taking the cruise planned for April 29th we went along with our daughter and 4 of her close friends. A few days after getting home she started going downhill and I lost my copilot of 41 years May 30, 2013.

Rick

Heartbreaking, so sorry for your loss. I have been with my "co pilot" for 48 years. We dread the day one of us crosses over.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

11:33 pm... I'm burning the midnight oil...

You and me both! Last night was my neighborhood ladies game night. After I invited a few over to have a few on my patio. About midnight we decided to call it a night. That 8am zoom meeting was not easy.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, at least I can say that I finally made it till midnight... I think that my "costume" was a hit at the party as well... I'm back at my cabin now, and hoping that tomorrow in Key West is as awesome as today has been. Right before I was about to leave the pajama party, a song came on that would always bring her to the dance floor... "It takes two", or as I've always known it, "I wanna rock right now", by Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock... I don't care if an earthquake was happening, she would stop EVERYTHING for that song... 

Up next, was Prince's "Kiss", which most people don't know the name of, but you'd most likely know it in a second by the line: " You don't have to be rich to be my girl. You don't have to be cool to rule my World "... That's the moment when I knew that everything was right with the Universe, whatever that means. I have no idea, but just knowing that there's something bigger and greater out there gives me some kind of comfort... 

100% agree Sid, glad you had a great time and a moment of loving memory with your friend.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RenoNanaOz said:

I don't like it either but, at a Hotel don't we all do the same thing? They actually ask you to leave it outside.

Maybe a better word would be lazy because there is a place you can take it on a ship, not so in a hotel

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, purpleally said:

Maybe a better word would be lazy because there is a place you can take it on a ship, not so in a hotel

Agree to disagree, I don't do it but it's their vacation. I don't see it as a big issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purpleally said:

Not sure about Virgin but Carnival explicitly tells you to leave it in the hallway outside your door.

• Like 5

I've been walking since around 11, and it's 4 something now, so I don't even know how many miles... I had a few goals for today, and I think that I met at least most of them. 

PXL_20220602_150633567.thumb.jpg.850696d8edeb5d2ab7be2b70c6987d10.jpg

PXL_20220602_150706497.thumb.jpg.c77cc7afbcecfea2cd3d7b9319a0323e.jpg

PXL_20220602_151047598.jpg

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Take me where the drinks are strong and the WiFi is weak... Key West...

PXL_20220602_200544461.jpg

Haven't you learned by now "you can't have it all"!   

Have a great day in Key West....hope you get to stop at the Key West Key Lime store....I ONLY use Key West Key Lime juice in my key lime pies!

• Like 4