Walgreens Covid test

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Curious what CLIA has to with lab tests anyway🤔

Ask RC. 🤷‍♂️

It’s their website that says your results must include “the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number.”

I have used the Walgreens Rapid Test on my laser cruise and again today for a cruise Sunday.  My brother has used the on 3-4 cruises.  No problem. Got my results today in about 60 min. 

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I remember. I'd rather have a cheesesteak FedEx'd.....

I believe I also offered you one as well but never saw an address to send it to.  Guess I'll just have to continue to enjoy them myself.....LOL

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I believe I also offered you one as well but never saw an address to send it to.  Guess I'll just have to continue to enjoy them myself.....LOL

Send it to Deck 11 of Harmony any day this upcoming week!  😋

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Since you self swab is a PCR test at Walgreens as invasive as going and having it done in an Urgent Care or somewhere where they do it for you?  Has anyone had one of those done?

The rest of my family (including 8 & 12 year old nieces) all had Rapid Antigen Tests done by someone at CVS minute clinic… not invasive at all.

Same thing for my wife at urgent care a handful of times at various points during the pandemic.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the days of the the unpleasant, let’s poke your brain with the swab, type tests are gone.

Edited by OCSC Mike

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The rest of my family (including 8 & 12 year old nieces) all had Rapid Antigen Tests done by someone at CVS minute clinic… not invasive at all.

Same thing for my wife at urgent care a handful of times at various points during the pandemic.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the days of the the unpleasant, let’s poke your brain with the swab, type tests are gone.

I know that the rapid is non invasive. Asking about the PCR 

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I know that the rapid is non invasive. Asking about the PCR 

I don't believe so, but someone else will have to verify, sorry for not understanding.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Since you self swab is a PCR test at Walgreens as invasive as going and having it done in an Urgent Care or somewhere where they do it for you?  Has anyone had one of those done?

Jim had the PCR test at Walgreens after he tested positive in March.  It was exactly like the NAAT rapid test, except the swab was inserted into a tube.  We needed the positive PCR in case he continued to test positive.  We didn’t want to take any chances with issues for our next cruise. 

Edited by pstone1

22 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Jim had the PCR test at Walgreens after he tested positive in March.  It was exactly like the NAAT rapid test, except the swab was inserted into a tube.  We needed the positive PCR in case he continued to test positive.  We didn’t want to take any chances with issues for our next cruise. 

That's where I am going with this as well just trying to think ahead   Although I doubt that my doctor is going to write a letter of recovery for me.  I will call them  Just called Urgent Care and my Healthcare provider where I had been getting tested, they don't do them  

Edited by molly361

Thought I would share our Walgreens Covid test story. Nine of us scheduled for the Saturday, May 14 Allure cruise out of FLL. Two of my friends flew into Jacksonville (where I live) on Thursday morning and we went straight to my local Walgreens to get our rapid Covid test. Afterwards, we went to my house. An hour later our results came in, 2 negative, 1 positive. My friend who tested positive felt absolutely fine, so she took 3 at home tests which I had, all showing negative.

So we scheduled an antigen test at CVS later that day, knowing we might not get the results in time for boarding on Saturday, but had to try it. Oh, and while we were at CVS, bought 5 more home tests. Got, home, took 4 of the tests…all negative. What the heck? So we scheduled another test at Walgreens the next morning thinking the first one was a false positive.

Next morning, before going to Walgreens, she took the fifth home test and still negative. Went to Walgreens, came home, an hour later the test came back POSITIVE. At that point, my friend was really distraught and I was frustrated. So I sent a frantic message in our community FB page for an E-med test. (At this point we are less than 24 hours till boarding and we’re supposed to be driving to FLL with other friends.)

Fortunately, someone had one. Went to get it, came home, she took the proctored test and it came back NEGATIVE. Yess! Half an hour later, the CVS came back NEGATIVE. So we were in the clear.

I just find it so interesting that out of 11 Covid tests, 9 came back negative, 2 positive from one Walgreens.

Fortunately our story ended well and we had the most amazing cruise!

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

~snip~

they still have them at the airport in Barcelona (LOL)....pretty uncomfortable

Just scheduled our NAAT for next Sat. at Walgreens.  No testing at any CVS available for more than 100 miles.  Answered 1st question if taking for travel and I answered yes.  Is this correct or if not ,I will cancel appt and reschedule.

1 hour ago, Lisacruzzes said:

Thought I would share our Walgreens Covid test story. Nine of us scheduled for the Saturday, May 14 Allure cruise out of FLL. Two of my friends flew into Jacksonville (where I live) on Thursday morning and we went straight to my local Walgreens to get our rapid Covid test. Afterwards, we went to my house. An hour later our results came in, 2 negative, 1 positive. My friend who tested positive felt absolutely fine, so she took 3 at home tests which I had, all showing negative.

So we scheduled an antigen test at CVS later that day, knowing we might not get the results in time for boarding on Saturday, but had to try it. Oh, and while we were at CVS, bought 5 more home tests. Got, home, took 4 of the tests…all negative. What the heck? So we scheduled another test at Walgreens the next morning thinking the first one was a false positive.

Next morning, before going to Walgreens, she took the fifth home test and still negative. Went to Walgreens, came home, an hour later the test came back POSITIVE. At that point, my friend was really distraught and I was frustrated. So I sent a frantic message in our community FB page for an E-med test. (At this point we are less than 24 hours till boarding and we’re supposed to be driving to FLL with other friends.)

Fortunately, someone had one. Went to get it, came home, she took the proctored test and it came back NEGATIVE. Yess! Half an hour later, the CVS came back NEGATIVE. So we were in the clear.

I just find it so interesting that out of 11 Covid tests, 9 came back negative, 2 positive from one Walgreens.

Fortunately our story ended well and we had the most amazing cruise!

The NAAT test at Walgreens is a PCR test, not antigen like CVS or the majority of home tests. From what I've read, you may pop a positive with PCR/NAAT if you had covid in the recent past (can't define recent, I've seen people say 30-90 days). I believe is also a more accurate test with less likelihood for false negatives than an antigen test but I could be wrong.

In any case, my point is there was likely a scientific reason that this person tested positive with a NAAT test but not with an antigen test and it has nothing to do with Walgreens.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

The NAAT test at Walgreens is a PCR test, not antigen like CVS or the majority of home tests. From what I've read, you may pop a positive with PCR/NAAT if you had covid in the recent past (can't define recent, I've seen people say 30-90 days). I believe is also a more accurate test with less likelihood for false negatives than an antigen test but I could be wrong.

In any case, my point is there was likely a scientific reason that this person tested positive with a NAAT test but not with an antigen test and it has nothing to do with Walgreens.

She had Covid last September so much longer than 30 days. She took one antigen test and the rest rapid, with negative results each time, except for the tests from Walgreens. You are correct, maybe there is a scientific reason, I wouldn’t know. I was just sharing an experience.

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's where I am going with this as well just trying to think ahead   Although I doubt that my doctor is going to write a letter of recovery for me.  I will call them  Just called Urgent Care and my Healthcare provider where I had been getting tested, they don't do them  

Three days after we got off the Infinity (Wednesday), Jim didn’t feel well and did a self test at home, which was positive.  He then made an appointment for that afternoon with our Primary Care Dr for an official test, which was positive, confirming the earlier self test.  That Sunday, Jim went to Walgreen’s and had a PCR, just to get the positive result.  About a week and a half later, he went back to our Primary Care Dr, who checked him out, and then gave him the letter.  It was a bit of a process and took some time, but at least he didn’t have to worry about testing positive for our next cruise.  I doubt anyone but our Primary Care Dr would have given him a letter.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, molly361 said:

Did both rapids the same day. CVS at 10am and Walgreens at 11am. 
CVS we sat in our chairs and very gently each nostril was swabbed. 
Walgreens we sat in our car and were watched through the window while we did our own swabbing, the woman counted to 10 for each nostril. 
in both cases, less than 5 minutes and it was not a brain poking episode. 
i had COVID tests twice in November and December at the hospital (PCR) and it was the same as the rapid tests. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1