2024 Cruise Schedule

Raxter54

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Dar & Bob;  what things did you like about Celebrity Edge? What things on that ship are better or different than say: Enchanted Princess or Sky Princess?  Thank for any answer you may have

Just thought I’d add a couple notes regarding Edge class ships, as we’ve cruised 21 days on the Edge and 16 days on the Apex since August. First, the Edge class ships each cost $1.2+ billion to build, so there is that. The Tree of Life they use in the show with the same name  costs over $1 million to build.

Our favorite places to be entertained besides the main theater are The Club, which has a variety of events going on throughout the day on sea days and Eden at the back of the ship, with their restaurant being our favorite specialty restaurant. Bottom line, they are very cool ships. 

They also have 4 different themed MDRs, along with 2 private restaurants, Blu for folks booking an Aqua cabin and Luminae for those booking a suite. 

Personally, our favorite cabins are Sunset verandas, and if your budget can handle it, the Sky suites, especially the corner aft facing cabins are also pretty cool. However, we have no desire to book an Infinite Veranda as we do enjoy sitting out on the veranda.

Anyway, you definitely won’t be disappointed. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

They also have 4 different themed MDRs, along with 2 private restaurants, Blu for folks booking an Aqua cabin and Luminae for those booking a suite. 

Personally, our favorite cabins are Sunset verandas, and if your budget can handle it, the Sky suites, especially the corner aft facing cabins are also pretty cool. However, we have no desire to book an Infinite Veranda as we do enjoy sitting out on the veranda.

Anyway, you definitely won’t be disappointed. 😁

Glad you liked the Sunset Verandah, that's what we booked. Not sold on the Infinite Verandah, just seems like a cabin with a window that opens, not a real verandah. Once we get closer to our sailing, might check with our TA to see about upgrading to Aqua or a suite. We'll see....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

Glad you liked the Sunset Verandah, that's what we booked. Not sold on the Infinite Verandah, just seems like a cabin with a window that opens, not a real verandah. Once we get closer to our sailing, might check with our TA to see about upgrading to Aqua or a suite. We'll see....

I may be wrong because I haven't sailed Apex yet, but when I booked I noticed Aqua and Concierge class are all Infinite Verandahs.  The only way to avoid them without booking a suite is Porthole Verandah or Sunset Verandah.  Unless you're going for a suite or want Aqua benefits, I'd stick with the Sunset.

• Like 2

I agree with all the additional items stated by @Ken the cruiser the 4 MDRs is nice since you can change it up.  We also had a Sunset Veranda as well and loved it. The only con about it is how far the elevators are.  Really wish there was at least a stair at the back together between floors. 

we usually don’t participate in much but there were so many things to do that we did way more than normal in club and in Eden.  As I said it was a great time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peachestravels said:

Yep, their TA told me they are waiting to fill all this years cruises and are currently working on 2024 schedule.

Well that certainly isn't a great strategy.  Some of us have already booked with other cruise lines.  SMH

• Like 2

Dar & Bob, and Ken the Cruiser;  thank you both for all the great info.  I have booked my first Celebrity Cruise on the Apex for Mar 2023 out of FLL.  I am so glad everyone loves the Edge; looks like Apex is the sister ship.  I have been sailing on Princess for the past five years and prior to that both RCI and NCL.  I will be sailing on Enchanted Princess in Oct to New England/Canada;  this is why I was asking about similarities and differences between the two ships.  All the best to everyone and cheers

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, Raxter54 said:

Does anyone know when Princess might be releasing their schedule for 2024?

Does anyone know when 2023 Fall California Coastals will be out??

• Like 1

Cruise lines typically split deployment into two groupings - Winter and Summer. Winter typically runs Oct/Nov to April/May and Summer typically runs April/May to Oct/Nov (with some minor fluctuations depending on ship and sailing region). 

The only Fall 2023 to Spring 2024 (ie ‘winter’) itineraries Princess has released thus far are for Australia/NZ and South America, along with the Island Princess 2024 World cruise. Yes there are a few fall 2023 European cruises bookable but they are technically part of the ‘summer’, deployment cycle.  The Coral Princess summer 2024 Australia based sailings along with her World cruise are also bookable.

I personally think Princess has been waiting to see how things continue to evolve in Asia, as well as how some of the newly announced US based sailings from San Diego and Galveston book up. This may affect things significantly.  Additionally the first Sphere Class vessel was slated to arrive in late 2023. As she will be LNG powered, and not all ports can support her for fueling, that may also change some deployment strategies.  Princess may also be waiting to see if they can firm up a delivery date with the shipyard so that they don’t have to cancel/shuffle guests around who booked specifically for the launch season of a new ship. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Does anyone know when 2023 Fall California Coastals will be out??

I`m waiting for them aswell

Was meant to go this year but had a wobble and cant go....... got loads of credit from BA, WestJet and Princess Cruises to use up 

• Like 1