BOGO 60% off the 2nd Guest (effective Jun 2-30)

mahdnc

All of my booked cruises are more expensive with this sale; one cruise in a suite is actually $2,000 more on Beyond, as i booked when her cruises were first released.  I sure hope Beyond is a great ship, as I have three cruises booked on her for next year.  😊

Edited by Lastdance

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I sure hope Beyond is a great ship, as I have three cruises booked on her for next year.  😊

I am sure you will be pleased.

• Thanks 1

I must be in the lucky minority.  I just rebooked our March 2023 cruise and saved $1647! I did have to wait on hold for 54 minutes but listening to the ads while I work is a small price to pay for that kind of savings.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I'm in the same boat Lastdance. I just priced our SV balcony for Dec 4th, and it's over$2000.00 more for the both of us, and I even have the Elevate pkg.

I just checked my SV in Europe; it was also over $2,000 more...Almost forgot about that one attached to my TA.  

Our January 2024 B2B on the Constellation went way down, so I upgraded our sky suites to Celebrety Suites for a total of $700. We had booked onboard the Equinox in March and retained our booking OBC as well as the reduced deposit. The OBC for booking onboard actually increased with the higher suite category, bringing our cost difference to $500.

• Like 2

Our booked cruises for this year and next are all higher with the sale. However, our B2B Jan 2024 Edge Sky suites are cheaper with the sale and my TA sent me an email to let me know she already rebooked us today, we saved about $800 total not much, but every little bit helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbt518 said:

I must be in the lucky minority.  I just rebooked our March 2023 cruise and saved $1647! I did have to wait on hold for 54 minutes but listening to the ads while I work is a small price to pay for that kind of savings.

I got a reply from my TA for our March 2023 trip on Apex and I got a price drop of about $1,800.  I lost $350 in non-refundable OBC, and $180 refundable OBC, but still have more OBC than I want to tell my DW about 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

Our January 2024 B2B on the Constellation went way down, so I upgraded our sky suites to Celebrety Suites for a total of $700. We had booked onboard the Equinox in March and retained our booking OBC as well as the reduced deposit. The OBC for booking onboard actually increased with the higher suite category, bringing our cost difference to $500.

And you got real lucky as onboard bookings for CS and above are not eligible for the $100 pp reduced deposit.  Plus regular deposits on CS and  above  are 200% so they should have had you pony up $3200 in additional deposit if they knew what they were doing!

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Our booked cruises for this year and next are all higher with the sale. However, our B2B Jan 2024 Edge Sky suites are cheaper with the sale and my TA sent me an email to let me know she already rebooked us today, we saved about $800 total not much, but every little bit helps.

My sister and BIL are doing the same B2B cruises in 2024 in a Celebrity suite and I told her about the sale, she just sent me a text she rebooked and saved $2880 total, so she now owes me big time. She is a retired travel agent, but she still books her own cruises. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My sister and BIL are doing the same B2B cruises in 2024 in a Celebrity suite and I told her about the sale, she just sent me a text she rebooked and saved $2880 total, so she now owes me big time. She is a retired travel agent, but she still books her own cruises. 

I've been booking my own since my person left the industry.

I need to figure out my 2024 cruise because it's a lot cheaper today so trying to figure out best way to reprice

Edited by Lena11033
  • Like 1

Here are the results from my 3 booked (non-Galapagos) cruises.  It's obvious I like sailing on the 22nd of a given month.

Oct 22 2022 Constellation, 15 Night TA, Cat FV, 2 passengers

BOGO 60% is $1,800 more expensive than current reservation which was made using the promotion available at the beginning of May.  Prices based on Always Included (AI) and refundable deposit. 

Dec 22 2022 Equinox, 11  Night Southern Caribbean, Cat FV, 4 passengers

Cannot reprice because we are in an FV cabin and there are none available for me to do mock res.

Dec 22 2023 Solstice 12 Night Asia, Cat 1A, 2 passengers

BOGO 60% is $4,000 more expensive than current reservation (AI + refundable deposit)

Not a fair (fare?) fight because current res is a modified Millennium booking made in 2019 and has been rolled over 3 times because of Celebrity cancellations with reductions from any favorable promotions taken along the way.

Edited by mahdnc

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

And you got real lucky as onboard bookings for CS and above are not eligible for the $100 pp reduced deposit.  Plus regular deposits on CS and  above  are 200% so they should have had you pony up $3200 in additional deposit if they knew what they were doing!

Regarding the regular deposits, I did a couple mock bookings for a CS and the full deposit was $900, not $1800. I wonder if this is a permanent change or a part of the sale pricing.

On the US website our Mediterranean cruise in September is the same price as it was when we booked 2 months ago. Also same price on the UK site and no change in price with the UK TA we actually booked it with. 

The UK travel agent we booked it with is also still much cheaper than booking it direct and MUCH cheaper than booking it direct in the US, even after the faux sale.

The US site currently claims "$2297 per person avg, WAS $4450". That headline rate for our cruise is for an inside cabin. When we booked 2 months ago it wasn't even $4450 for AQ that we booked in, let alone an inside cabin so I'm not sure when it was ever $4450.

Maybe this "sale" hasn't made it to the UK because it would run afoul of advertising rules here lol

Booked yesterday for 2024 on Summit in a CS with $200 deposit.  Score!  Checked Summit March 2023 sailing in CS and price increased by almost 2K (got an awesome deal).

Edited by islabahia
More info

17 minutes ago, islabahia said:

Booked yesterday for 2024 on Summit in a CS with $200 deposit.  Score!

This promotion is attracting new sales? I thought it was designed to frustrate the re-pricers!

• Haha 1

I got a $1,000 drop on our Reflection Celebrity Suite for February, 2023 western Carribean a couple weeks ago.  Then found another $1,000 drop yesterday with this new promotion.  Now it makes me consider upgrading to the Royal Suite for the same original money......Nah.....or the Signature Suite.....Nah too.....

Edited by PKB
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

Regarding the regular deposits, I did a couple mock bookings for a CS and the full deposit was $900, not $1800. I wonder if this is a permanent change or a part of the sale pricing.

The website has never worked right with 200% deposits and why more often than not they don't get the required deposit.  My TA on the other hand who understands Celebrity and their rules does require, maybe the TA booking system works correctly.

14 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Not quite following your logic of paying a $3,200 deposit.   I travel almost exclusively in CS and above and have never paid more than $900 in deposits,   When booking on board I've often but not always had a $800 deposit.

I had a price adjustment yesterday on a CS for a 2023 New Zealand Cruise.   No additional deposit than originally booked with but I picked up an additional $100 OBC

Edited by Jim_Iain

Jim,

There is Celebrity policy and then there is what happens day to day when dealing with Celebrity.

The 200% deposit requirement is on every invoice.  They added this probably about 5 years ago.  

image.png.7516827fc1462d20905de0d701cca5ba.png

Of course this is easy to get around by booking on the website, paying the requested deposit (because the Celebrity site has not been coded to double it) and then transfer to the TA.

The book onboard reduced deposit offer is for Inside cabins through Sky Suite.  I can't find the documentation for this at the moment but that's what it said on at least my last 2 sailings.  Not sure if they would actually charge 1 or 2x the standard deposit.

So my sort of tongue in cheek comment was with a normal $900 deposit, doubled for a deluxe suite (CS and above) for a B2B would be $3600.  They paid $400 in deposits total so technically they should have had to increase the deposit by $3200.

On 6/2/2022 at 7:44 AM, TinaM67 said:

Has anyone noticed that the "Always Included" has disappeared?  I was excited about a price drop until I got to the payment summary and the perks weren't listed.  Instead it said NOPERK RATE NRD.  I wonder how many people will be fooled by this.

I noticed the No Perks right away, and I agree that I wonder how many "missed" that detail!