Global Entry

Tedferg

On 6/9/2022 at 12:17 PM, Tedferg said:

In FAQ on Government site, it suggests interview-on-return, I hope there are enough officers available to do this.

We have done this (in ATL) without any problem.  DW needed an interview and when we arrived at ATL (from Mexico) she asked a TSA agent where to go for an interview.  She was directed to one of the agent booths where the agent just asked her a couple of questions and made the necessary entry on her GE record.  The process took less than a minute.  

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

We have done this (in ATL) without any problem.  DW needed an interview and when we arrived at ATL (from Mexico) she asked a TSA agent where to go for an interview.  She was directed to one of the agent booths where the agent just asked her a couple of questions and made the necessary entry on her GE record.  The process took less than a minute.  

Hank

Very nice!

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

She almost undoubtedly asked a CBP agent, not a TSA agent  If you just arrived on an international flight you were screened by CBP upon arrival, and it's normally CBP agents that are in booths at the airport. Global Entry is a CBP program not a TSA program.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

She almost undoubtedly asked a CBP agent, not a TSA agent  If you just arrived on an international flight you were screened by CBP upon arrival, and it's normally CBP agents that are in booths at the airport. Global Entry is a CBP program not a TSA program.

Yep, my mistake.  We are talking about the large arrivals hall at ATL and I guess that is all CBP.

Hank

On 6/7/2022 at 10:54 AM, Tedferg said:

Anyone applied for Global Entry recently? How long does it take? A friend said he waited a long time for an unterview but I also hear that some locations take walk ins.

We have a tight connection in Newark on our return from Quebec so we just applied for Global Entry.

Being able to book the interview is what seems to make it take so long. Our global entry office was booked 3 months out for the interview. But once you do the interview (which takes just a couple minutes), the approval was pretty immediate and the physical card arrived within a week or two. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

What do you mean when you say "update my passport"?  And how do you do it on line?

What they mean is update the Global Entry record on line to match the new passport number. We just renewed our passports and that was the first thing we did after getting them. You log into the Global Entry website at https://ttp.dhs.gov/ .

Edited by njhorseman

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

What they mean is update the Global Entry record on line to match the new passport number. We just renewed our passports and that was the first thing we did after getting them. You log into the Global Entry website at https://ttp.dhs.gov/ .

Makes sense - but the wording used:”update my passport” suggested that it was the passport, not Global Entry, that got updated.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, Cruisercl said:

Just to add another experience, I submitted my renewal in Feb 2022, they charged my CC, and when I go in to check, it says pending review.

Since Feb! I just checked yesterday.

It does say that the expiration date has been extended, so I am not worried.

They have my money though...😛

I just received my application renewal approval today, they sent me an e-mail which I didn't expect.

No interview required.

Good news for me, it took 4 months for the renewal.

3 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

I just received my application renewal approval today, they sent me an e-mail which I didn't expect.

No interview required.

Good news for me, it took 4 months for the renewal.

The method seems to be 1st renewal doesn't need an interview, but 2nd renewal needs one.  That's what happened with me and others i know.