Covid on Grandeur of the Seas June 1st Sailing

Yes. Some number of people got sick & tested positive on every sailing of every ship for quite a while.

That isn’t meant to be a smart ass answer, just the reality of the current state of things.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes. Some number of people got sick & tested positive on every sailing of every ship for quite a while.

That isn’t meant to be a smart ass answer, just the reality of the current state of things.

Ok thanks, they did not announce that people had tested positive for it on our ship or we might have been tested on the ship My Wife and I were both sick the last two days of the BTB and stayed in our Cabin but did not consider it to be Covid as we have been on 8 cruises since the start up and this was our first time to get sick - just luck I guess but first time not to be tested between cruises on our other BTB. 

Again thanks for your Reply 

They aren't going to announce it on the ships because then everyone that is not feeling well will run to go get a test down in medical on the ship, then they will have to quarantine you on the ship or in a hotel after you get off the ship and have to pay for all your expenses until you are able to travel home. Plus refund you for the days you were in quarantine on the ship.

Probably the reason the crew on Royal's ships are still wearing masks.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

They aren't going to announce it on the ships because then everyone that is not feeling well will run to go get a test down in medical on the ship, then they will have to quarantine you on the ship or in a hotel after you get off the ship and have to pay for all your expenses until you are able to travel home. Plus refund you for the days you were in quarantine on the ship.

Probably the reason the crew on Royal's ships are still wearing masks.

They aren't announcing it because they don't normally announce illnesses.  This is not what it was 2 years ago.

You apparently stalk all Covid threads so you can comment.  When are you actually going to go on a cruise?

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, BND said:

They aren't announcing it because they don't normally announce illnesses.  This is not what it was 2 years ago.

You apparently stalk all Covid threads so you can comment.  When are you actually going to go on a cruise?

Guess the OP of this thread also thought they should announce it like many others think the same way on this forum. Sorry you don't feel that way, but that's your opinion which is fine.

Sorry, not stalking any threads, just thought I would give my opinion on this thread just like when you post a comment on any thread on this forum.

FYI. We have 2 cruises booked right now, one for this October 2022 and one in October 2023. Whether we will end up going or not is still TBD. Thanks for asking. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texas Bill said:

Ok thanks, they did not announce that people had tested positive for it on our ship or we might have been tested on the ship My Wife and I were both sick the last two days of the BTB and stayed in our Cabin but did not consider it to be Covid as we have been on 8 cruises since the start up and this was our first time to get sick - just luck I guess but first time not to be tested between cruises on our other BTB. 

Again thanks for your Reply 

The Captains stopped making announcements a couple months ago.   There was a sailing or two the Captain announced recently but that has been rare.

Since the ships aren't getting denied entry to ports like this winter maybe that has something to do with it.

Hopefully you drove to port and feel better soon.

6 hours ago, Texas Bill said:

Just wondering if anyone else got sick on the Grandeur of the Seas on the June 1st sailing and tested positive for Covid on the ship or when they returned home????

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I agree.  There could be several threads a day entitled "Covid on _________ of the Seas __________ sailing."

I think there is covid cases on every cruise but the new variations of covid combined with the vax have it more like a cold or flu. With the seriousness pretty much out of the picture I don’t think people want to know about Cases and are ok with the risks.  I think you can bet some people test positive when they get home. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Texas Bill said:

Just wondering if anyone else got sick on the Grandeur of the Seas on the June 1st sailing and tested positive for Covid on the ship or when they returned home????

On the adventure in May my wife got covid19 started on driving home from cruise port, I followed a short time later. Fully vaccinated and double boosted. Funny thing is an fellow passenger told me her relative on shore told her she read that like 150 passengers on board were quarantine with covid19. Later that day we noticed tons more passengers wearing masks. Thanks for social media information. Also a few days before departure the cruise compass announced certain folks will be tested before returning to the USA! I thought everyone was vaccinated! Maybe a loophole. We tested negative 3 times prior to cruise for Bermuda forms. $40 per person multiple 2,400 passengers onboard $96 k to Bermuda 

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

On the adventure in May my wife got covid19 started on driving home . Also a few days before departure the cruise compass announced certain folks will be tested before returning to the USA! I thought everyone was vaccinated! Maybe a loophole.

Unvaxxed children get tested near the end of every cruise. 

How did you like Grandeur?  We're thinking of booking a 9 night 2023 Grandeur sailing. 

We cruised on Oasis for 14 days in March and loved it.  The oldest Royal ship we've been on is Brilliance.

I know Grandeur doesn't have all the fancy stuff Oasis has, but I assume it's still a nice ship.

54 minutes ago, D4 said:

How did you like Grandeur?  We're thinking of booking a 9 night 2023 Grandeur sailing. 

We cruised on Oasis for 14 days in March and loved it.  The oldest Royal ship we've been on is Brilliance.

I know Grandeur doesn't have all the fancy stuff Oasis has, but I assume it's still a nice ship.

my biggest complaint was lack of dining staff and luke warm pizza. Its not the same as the pizza coming fresh out of the oven. Most lately have been happier. By the time you cruise hopefully rcl can get staffed up. 

In a storm lots more motion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D4 said:

We really liked the ship itself but did not like all the kids running amuck, moving stuff off cabin doors and running down the halls. I think over 400 on this very small ship . Suites on deck 8 are right under the pools have lots of noise day and night and the departure process or lack there of was not to great. Oh and a lot of the Junior Suites have Support Poles so be sure to check your cabin to see if there is one in It, the pole is padded but I did run into our pole several times during trips to bath room.   

• Like 1