Suite lounge on Mariner

Yes, but please bear in mind.....full suites and Pinnacles only.  

Was up for coffee on Mariner, being a Pinnie and staying in GS.   One couple was knocking at the door when I got there.  I wondered off a bit, then after they walked away, I used my sea pass key to open door.  

They came running back and pushed the door open that was almost closed.  They were met by a non-suite Pinnie inside (I heard him say he was regular balcony) who showed them around ( neighboring cabin pax he met earlier he told others).  He not only showed them around, but told them to help themselves to the buffet, and to coffee (of which they were more than annoyed I was getting mine in front of them).  

SL concierge not up there that early, or he would have shown them back out the door.  

Message to fellow Pinnacles...please don't abuse our privileges....or we will lose them.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, puerto penasco lady said:

Glad to hear we have access to Suite Lounge.  I agree, please don't abuse the privilege.

All Suite Lounges have been reopened to Pinnacles.  According to RC, they reserve the right to limit that if there are very high numbers of Pinnacles on board, but have not specified what that number may be.  😉 

• Like 1

We have access. I am currently on board B2B and for  this cruise and last cruise our keys would not open the door. They only opened the door of the diamond lounge. The concierge had to give us new keys that allow us to open the suite lounge door. 

Came up in the evening twice so far and never saw more than a handful of people in the room in the evening.  

I’ve been in a few mornings for some coffee. YAY, the machine has decaf beans. Many of the machines have a decaf bin, but it is filled with regular beans. Luckily not the case in Mariner suite lounge. 

23 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

According to RC, they reserve the right to limit that if there are very high numbers of Pinnacles on board, but have not specified what that number may be.  😉 

Has anyone been on a recent cruise where Pinnacles did not have access and if so do you have any idea how many Pinnacles were aboard?

As some one who travels in a GS or better I enjoy having Pinnies in the Suite Lounge.  Some of our best cruise friends are Pinnies we've meet in the Suites Lounge.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel toward becoming pinnacle.  

Bill

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Has anyone been on a recent cruise where Pinnacles did not have access and if so do you have any idea how many Pinnacles were aboard?

We were on the Jewel TA and Pinnacles did not have access, only full suites. Was told if >30 Pinnacles onboard a specific sailing, then no access.  The lounge was about 75% full each evening.

The area where the Loyalty Ambassador is located was used for nightly Pinnacle snacks, drinks and socializing.

If I remember correctly, there were 47 Pinnacles and only 1120+ total passengers onboard.

Edited by long4acruise
  • Thanks 1

The threshold number on Mariner is 50 per the Concierge.  Over that and Pinnacle cards will not open the door.  In May they were expecting 65 (approx) pinnacles for the southern Caribbean run so our cards were not programmed to open the door.  When only 54 actually were onboard, the HD decided to let us in and everyone had to get new cards made in order to open the door.  Then the next week - the Bermuda run - there were over 60 pinnacles and we were not allow in the lounge.  Every ship has there own threshold number. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

All Suite Lounges have been reopened to Pinnacles.  According to RC, they reserve the right to limit that if there are very high numbers of Pinnacles on board, but have not specified what that number may be.  😉 

At least they open another smaller lounge (or in Mariner's case...the library)....for Pinnies when numbers are high.  

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have access. I am currently on board B2B and for  this cruise and last cruise our keys would not open the door. They only opened the door of the diamond lounge. The concierge had to give us new keys that allow us to open the suite lounge door. 

Came up in the evening twice so far and never saw more than a handful of people in the room in the evening.  

I’ve been in a few mornings for some coffee. YAY, the machine has decaf beans. Many of the machines have a decaf bin, but it is filled with regular beans. Luckily not the case in Mariner suite lounge. 

We only used the SL for coffee, early in the morning.  And sometimes a place to hang out while cabin was cleaned.  

Our "go to" happy hour spot was the circle bar in the VCL. We do early dining...so no interest in the munchies at all.    Gotta love those vouchers!  🥰

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do the pinnacles have to use their vouchers there?

Supposedly not if they are in a suite.  

But does not seem to matter.   Just off Harmony B2B staying in an OS both weeks.  Even though we were having cocktails during normal suite happy hour in the SL...they still marked our vouchers each time.  Since we never go over our 6 per person....I did not have to take issue with that. 

Free is free.  😉   Cash tips on each drink of course. 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Supposedly not if they are in a suite.  

But does not seem to matter.   Just off Harmony B2B staying in an OS both weeks.  Even though we were having cocktails during normal suite happy hour in the SL...they still marked our vouchers each time.  Since we never go over our 6 per person....I did not have to take issue with that. 

Free is free.  😉   Cash tips on each drink of course. 

On the Brilliance at the end of May, we are Diamond+ with over 340 points and we were allowed in the Concierge lounge for our B2B.  We didn’t use our vouchers.

2 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

On the Brilliance at the end of May, we are Diamond+ with over 340 points and we were allowed in the Concierge lounge for our B2B.  We didn’t use our vouchers.

You were lucky...on both accounts.  

We were on Mariner 2 times in late April and two in late May. Dudley was the Suite Concierge. Twice our cards would not access lounge. Only Diamond. lounge.  38 Pinnacle aboard but the week before had a larger number and blocked from Suite lounge and open Pinn lounge in library. Went to guess services first day and issued new cards that also didn't work. Had to have Dudley issue all 38 from his computer in Lounge. Maneesh Coopoosamy was the Loyalty nAmbassador but was being transffered in two weeks. Had this also happen on Independence and had Grecia Roca  give us a blank gold card for door.   Bob

46 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

There were 11 pinnacles one week and 16 the next.  Our lunch with an officer there were only 20-25 of us each week.  😀

On EX a month ago, there were 10 Pinnies one week, 11 the next.  We had our Pinnacle lunch with 8 at one table first week...six the next.  They had the Pinnacle "lounge" set up, but closed it for lack of interest the second.  We were allowed in CL (yes EX still has a CL).  Only used it for coffee. 

40 minutes ago, puerto penasco lady said:

Boarding Mariner the 18th for a b2b. Hopefully Pinnacle count will be low so my card will open the door.

Brenda

We had 23 last week, 28 this week, with a nearly full ship. We were allowed access, but our keys did not open the door, either week. I’m not sure the number of pinnacles matters regarding the key working the door. Dudley was  happy to exchange out our keys. 

Enjoy your cruises. 

m

1 hour ago, villager70 said:

We were on Mariner 2 times in late April and two in late May. Dudley was the Suite Concierge. Twice our cards would not access lounge. Only Diamond. lounge.  38 Pinnacle aboard but the week before had a larger number and blocked from Suite lounge and open Pinn lounge in library. Went to guess services first day and issued new cards that also didn't work. Had to have Dudley issue all 38 from his computer in Lounge. Maneesh Coopoosamy was the Loyalty nAmbassador but was being transffered in two weeks. Had this also happen on Independence and had Grecia Roca  give us a blank gold card for door.   Bob

Back in the day a seperate card was the norm

20220611_131950.thumb.jpg.5d18f207df381680e97bb5bbfd86d538.jpg

The Gold one was from our time in Cow Sweet.🐄

Rahul constantly reminded me we were really not suite guests🤣🤣

• Like 1