WIFI Upgrade Cost While Onboard

FrannyK

We have basic WIFI included in our AI package.  We will try it out but are anticipating one, or both of us, might have to upgrade to streaming at some point during the cruise.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I'm sure the cost would be prorated, just wondering how much $$?  Thanks.

The price is $20/day unless you have status that gets you a discount.  On our last cruise it wasn’t prorated by day. It was full price to upgrade during the first half of the cruise, and half price to upgrade after that until maybe the last day.

We just upgraded from our AL package wifi to stream package for our 6 night cruise on the Equinox leaving next Sunday. We paid $137 for two device upgrade with Elite discount. 

7 hours ago, Mark_K said:

The price is $20/day unless you have status that gets you a discount.  On our last cruise it wasn’t prorated by day. It was full price to upgrade during the first half of the cruise, and half price to upgrade after that until maybe the last day.

Is that $20 per day per device?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:40 PM, Fuzzy55 said:

We just upgraded from our AL package wifi to stream package for our 6 night cruise on the Equinox leaving next Sunday. We paid $137 for two device upgrade with Elite discount. 

I am not seeing anyplace online to be able to upgrade from AI to stream for our cruise leaving 7/17.  It only allows me to buy the full basic package or the full stream package.  No "upgrade"

1 hour ago, FrannyK said:

I am not seeing anyplace online to be able to upgrade from AI to stream for our cruise leaving 7/17.  It only allows me to buy the full basic package or the full stream package.  No "upgrade"

You can call to upgrade and if you get any Captains Club discount ask them to apply the discount.  It has been some months since we upgraded.  We did it by calling and with CC discount it was under $12 per day for 1 device.  

The pre-cruise sailing price won't include your CC discount if you have one therefore one would need to call to receive the CC discount.

It's the same price on board, CC is honored; it may vary by ship but you can usually upgrade in the app once on board.

You also pay the prorated per night rate on board, so if you're okay with waiting until after the first night, you can save a little bit.  If you're on a seven night sailing on the infinity (for example), day/night 1 you're departing FL so will probably have a signal late until the night then day/night 2 is key west so again you'll have cell phone reception, then you can wait to buy the upgrade on the morning of day/night 3 which is a 29% savings over purchasing it for the full seven days.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

You can call to upgrade and if you get any Captains Club discount ask them to apply the discount.  It has been some months since we upgraded.  We did it by calling and with CC discount it was under $12 per day for 1 device.  

Thanks so much for this info.

28 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The pre-cruise sailing price won't include your CC discount if you have one therefore one would need to call to receive the CC discount.

It's the same price on board, CC is honored; it may vary by ship but you can usually upgrade in the app once on board.

You also pay the prorated per night rate on board, so if you're okay with waiting until after the first night, you can save a little bit.  If you're on a seven night sailing on the infinity (for example), day/night 1 you're departing FL so will probably have a signal late until the night then day/night 2 is key west so again you'll have cell phone reception, then you can wait to buy the upgrade on the morning of day/night 3 which is a 29% savings over purchasing it for the full seven days.

Really good idea.  Thanks

On 6/21/2022 at 2:52 PM, FrannyK said:

Is that $20 per day per device?

Not per device but per account.    Each account can have unlimited devices but only 1 at a time unless in an Upper Suite.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Great tip!  thanks for sharing

I do what Rockmaya suggests but my Wife is a Cell Phone addict so I always Call X to get our CC  Elete level discount for her Premium WiFi.

Like most Cell Phone addicts she can't grasp that trying to Track a Moving Satellite from a Moving Ship can make WiFi at Sea a challenge.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:38 AM, JsMom2 said:

Does anyone know how I use the 90 free minutes of premium wifi included with elite status if I have basic wifi included in my fare?  TIA

I have the same question.  Anyone?

On 7/11/2022 at 3:32 PM, FrannyK said:

I have the same question.  Anyone?

I have the answer now!  When you setup your account choose the free basic package.  Now if you want to access the premium wifi for phone calls etc, just logout.  When you log back in you will have the option to choose between your complimentary minutes or the basic package.  Just remember to log back out as soon as you are done!

1 hour ago, JsMom2 said:

I have the answer now!  When you setup your account choose the free basic package.  Now if you want to access the premium wifi for phone calls etc, just logout.  When you log back in you will have the option to choose between your complimentary minutes or the basic package.  Just remember to log back out as soon as you are done!

Thank you so much JsMom!!  SO helpful!!  Sailing tomorrow 🙂

So, just to confirm my thoughts, we have the basic wifi but we are Elite so we get 90 minutes of free PREMIUM wifi?  

2 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

I called yesterday to upgrade Wi-Fi on our upcoming 12 night Apex cruise. The cost with the new pre-cruise discount stacked with the enhanced Elite+ discount was right around $8 per day (per person). 

Ooh, I was just about to ask this - can you stack your Elite discount on the pre-cruise discounts? Sounds like you are saying yes! That is great, as we went Cruise Only, and I can save more on both my soda package and internet.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, FrannyK said:

Thank you so much JsMom!!  SO helpful!!  Sailing tomorrow 🙂

So, just to confirm my thoughts, we have the basic wifi but we are Elite so we get 90 minutes of free PREMIUM wifi?  

@FrannyK I have an update!  Apparently when I asked the gal in the icafe on Equinox how to do it, she had to activate something.  I boarded Infinity yesterday and it wasn’t working.  But I went to the icafe this morning and the guy there hooked me up.  Yes I am Elite and have the basic wifi with my fare, but get 90 minutes free Premium to use throughout the voyage.  Also as a single, I get 2 free devices with the basic, even though I only paid 100% fare not 200%! 

Bon voyage!

Edited by JsMom2