Pre-cruise covid testing

Lin336

We are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale on a Monday.  What day or days are accepted for taking the pre-covid test?  Is it Saturday?   We are vaccinated and boosted.  I have checked Celebrity's protocols but I am not sure. 

Thanks so much

What are you not sure about? Follow what  Celebrity says. 

"All vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Thank you very much seadrifter.   That was what I wanted to know.  In my original post I indicated I that I had read the Celebrity info on protocols and knew a test was necessary but was unsure on when to take it.

23 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

What are you not sure about? Follow what  Celebrity says. 

"All vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

oh wow.  testy testy.  Time frame is confusing.  Not everyone understands "within" concept.  I had to ask same question prior to our cruise and I have a University Education!

23 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There is something about that wording which confuses people.  It seems clear to me but from the number of times the question has been asked, it must be hard for some readers to understand.

What is strangely worded (to me) is that you do not count the day you board.  Same rule for testing for Canada - this one only relates to boarding.

46 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

oh wow.  testy testy.  Time frame is confusing.  Not everyone understands "within" concept.  I had to ask same question prior to our cruise and I have a University Education!

Same! I literally have to point at a calendar and say out loud “cruise day, one day before, two days before”. Makes me feel like a big dummy! 

I was told by another cruiser that it is 48 hours or less.

So if you are boarding at noon on Monday, any test before noon on Saturday is not acceptable.

The referenced guests had gotten tested in the morning two days before and had to be retested at their own expense at the terminal.

16 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

That would be some bad advice, and had been explained here many times since the 2 day rule was put into place many months ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

So if you are boarding at noon on Monday, any test before noon on Saturday is not acceptable.

The referenced guests had gotten tested in the morning two days before and had to be retested at their own expense at the terminal.

You may have been informed of what some other cruise line required.  2 days is much less confusing than 48 hours which had folks concerned as to was it 48 hrs from assigned boarding time, 48 hrs from ship departure time, and that if boarding was delayed their test taken 50 hrs ago would be invalid.

There is a FAQ on the Celebrity website that addresses testing timing. This is a cut and paste from https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs  It does not stipulate that it needs to be done at a certain time of day, or in relation to your boarding time. Interesting if someone had to retest.

When calculating which days you can take your test, be aware that the day you set sail is not counted as one of the days, unless the country of embarkation stipulates that the test be taken within 24 hours of arrival.

For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, and you are required to test 3 days before your sailing, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday; and for 2 days in advance, you can take the test Thursday or Friday.

It was probably because of their feedback (and others like them) that Celebrity clarified the time requirement. They were getting on Equinox at the beginning of January. It had been over 48 hours and the guests had to pay to be tested again. Obviously Celebrity has extended the acceptable period for pre-cruise testing. Of course, it could have just been the specific terminal employees. We know that policies and procedures can vary between terminals and from one day to another.

Edited by TrueCruiseaholic

57 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

If you test positive on the first day can you retake it the next day and hope for a different result?

Remember you have to answer the health questionnaire which asked if you have tested positive in the last 10 days.  So no.