Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

It's Tuesday and there's a new Viking promo code for RIVER cruises:

Reduced Fares
Plus, FREE International Airfare

ASK FOR OFFER: RVT22

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/RVT22/20221013

Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 18 to Oct 31, 2022.

Free international airfare based on 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz; Grand European Tour; Paris to the Swiss Alps; Cities of Light; Holland & Belgium; Elegant Elbe; Capitals of Eastern Europe; Passage to Eastern Europe; European Sojourn; Mar 2023 departures of Tulips & Windmills.

Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details.

Book by Oct 31, 2022; pay in full by Nov 30, 2022. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022.

• Like 3

How much will discount codes really save you?
For what it’s worth… 
I thought I would do a quick compare.  We recently have seen a couple of offer codes posted for select Viking River Cruises (OCT22 and RVT22) promoting reduced fares and free airfare.  From the Viking web site I did a price and build with and without these offer codes to see what the resulting price would be.  I randomly selected the Grand European Tour, departing Amsterdam on 30 June 2023, because it was the longest cruise available under both offer codes OCT22 and RVT22.  I also randomly selected the lowest level Veranda stateroom for common comparison purposes.  It ends up that Viking is currently offering free airfare for this voyage even without an offer code.  Here are the results of my inquiry:

Without offer code: $14,998
With offer code OCT22: $13,998
With offer code RVT22: $13,998

image.thumb.png.d412ac178c0ed32c047e016d0f331f24.png

So, with either offer code OCT22 or RVT22 I found a $1,000 cost savings over not having an offer code.  The savings could vary depending on the sailing, stateroom category, etc.  When I did a similar comparison on a different voyage some time ago [I think it was for an ocean cruise], I found that different offer codes provided different levels of discount for the same stateroom class.  And in some cases, I found the offer code didn’t provide any additional savings over what was available through the Viking web site without an offer code.  As always, your mileage may vary, but I wanted to share with others this example.

If you do use one of the offer codes posted in this thread, I suggest that you try to give some referral credit to the person who posted the offer code, so if Viking gives a referral incentive, they might receive that credit.  I’m not sure how that might work. 

• Like 3

Just got this one this morning:

Offer AOP22: Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 20 to Oct 28, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus FREE international airfare valid on Dec 2022-Feb 2023 departures of Australia & New Zealand; Dec 2022 & Feb 2023 departures of South America & the Chilean Fjords; Jan-Mar 2023 departures of Amazon & Caribbean Adventure; Nov & Dec 2022 departures of Classic Panama Canal Passage; Nov 2022 departures of Bangkok, Bali & Beyond. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 28, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Oct 28, 2022.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SBR2022 said:

Just got this one this morning:

Offer AOP22: Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 20 to Oct 28, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus FREE international airfare valid on Dec 2022-Feb 2023 departures of Australia & New Zealand; Dec 2022 & Feb 2023 departures of South America & the Chilean Fjords; Jan-Mar 2023 departures of Amazon & Caribbean Adventure; Nov & Dec 2022 departures of Classic Panama Canal Passage; Nov 2022 departures of Bangkok, Bali & Beyond. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 28, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Oct 28, 2022.

Adding link associated with Offer AOP22, which @SBR2022 posted.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/AOP22/20221020/

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bassethounddog said:

Received this email last night. Winter Mediterranean Cruise Offer.  Free International Air and Stateroom Upgrade. AMW22

Winter Mediterranean Sale (viking.com)

Thank you @bassethounddog Interesting… this is an extension of the AMW22 offer previously posted (see posts #190 & #222), but the selection of applicable journeys is more limited.  They must have met their sales quota on some of the voyages/departures, but still have some available cabins. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

This just in....we have another promotion for UWDawg to translate.

It's for cruises identified as "closer to home".  Question- Do we all live in the same place?

Lots of free air and some cabin savings.

FDA23

Oceans - Rivers - Expedition??

22 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

This just in....we have another promotion for UWDawg to translate.

It's for cruises identified as "closer to home".  Question- Do we all live in the same place?

Lots of free air and some cabin savings.

FDA23

Offer FDA23

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/FDA23/20221001/ 

All Inclusive Voyages
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

Offer ends Oct 31, 2022

Call 1-844-739-5930 for details.
Ask for Offer "FDA23"
Offer FDA23:
Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 1 to Oct 31, 2022. Reduced fares and free roundtrip airfare valid on Jun, Jul & Sep 2023 departures of Eastern Seaboard Explorer; Sep & Oct 2023 departures of Canada & New England Scenic Shores; Dec 2023 & Feb 2024 departures of Hawaiian Islands Sojourn; Nov 2023 & Jan 2024 departures of Grand Hawaii & Polynesia; Oct & Nov 2022; Jan & Feb 2024 departures of Panama Canal & Central America; Oct & Dec 2022; Jan & Mar 2024 departures of Panama Canal & the Pacific Coast; Mar & Nov 2023 departures of Atlantic Ocean Passage; Jan-Mar, Nov & Dec 2023; Jan & Mar 2024 departures of Amazon & Caribbean Adventure; May, Jun & Aug 2023; Jun & Aug 2024 departures of Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada; May-Sep 2023; May-Sep 2024 departures of Alaska & the Inside Passage; Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 2023; Jan & Feb 2024 departures of West Indies Explorer; Feb, Oct-Dec 2023 departures of Classic Panama Canal Passage. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Oct 31, 2022; pay in full by Dec 15, 2022 or at time of booking if within 90 days of departure. Offer expires Oct 31, 2022.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

Oceans - Rivers - Expedition??

looks like Offer FDA23 applies to the following Ocean voyages:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/FDA23/20221001/ 

•    Alaska & the Inside Passage: May-Sep 2023; May-Sep 2024 departures
•    Amazon & Caribbean Adventure: Jan-Mar, Nov & Dec 2023; Jan & Mar 2024 departures
•    Atlantic Ocean Passage: Mar & Nov 2023 departures
•    Canada & New England Scenic Shores: Sep & Oct 2023 departures
•    Classic Panama Canal Passage: Feb, Oct-Dec 2023 departures
•    Eastern Seaboard Explorer: Jun, Jul & Sep 2023 departures
•    Grand Hawaii & Polynesia: Nov 2023 & Jan 2024 departures
•    Hawaiian Islands Sojourn: Dec 2023 & Feb 2024 departures
•    Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada: May, Jun & Aug 2023; Jun & Aug 2024 departures
•    Panama Canal & Central America: Oct & Nov 2022; Jan & Feb 2024 departures
•    Panama Canal & the Pacific Coast: Oct & Dec 2022; Jan & Mar 2024 departures
•    West Indies Explorer: Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 2023; Jan & Feb 2024 departures

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Viking sending out lots of promos today - got this one via email - says North America but has more cruises/expeditions 

Discover the best of North America

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2022_campaigns/october_2022/102122_vxp_vxp23_ppax/hero.jpg

LIMITED TIME OFFER

FREE Roundtrip Airfare & 
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package

ASK FOR OFFER: VXP23

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/VXP23/20220901?contid=30016664778_1029584013&utm_id=email_vrc.54580242&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54580242&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BaileyMJ said:

Viking sending out lots of promos today - got this one via email - says North America but has more cruises/expeditions 

Discover the best of North America

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2022_campaigns/october_2022/102122_vxp_vxp23_ppax/hero.jpg

LIMITED TIME OFFER

FREE Roundtrip Airfare & 
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package

ASK FOR OFFER: VXP23

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/VXP23/20220901?contid=30016664778_1029584013&utm_id=email_vrc.54580242&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54580242&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

@Selion previously posted offer VXP23 a couple of weeks ago (Oct 7) under post #213.  Still, thanks for sharing.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and my email must be 🐌 slug-mail because I haven't received any recent emails or physical mailings from Viking with special offers.  looking over my email, I seem to get an offer email every 4 to 6 weeks and half the time it is the standard monthly EBD offer.  it's been since 8/12/22 that I received an email offer directly from Viking other than EBD.  It could be worse; some of our friends in Australia seem to be on a 🦥 sloth-mail route

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never get any promotional emails from Viking.  I do currently have an upcoming cruise booking with them.  I also monitor an email address for my mother, who has previously cruised with Viking, and I went ahead and signed onto their mailing list using her address.  She gets multiple promotional emails a week from Viking!

So my suggestion is, create another email address and sign it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slewis7 said:

I never get any promotional emails from Viking.  I do currently have an upcoming cruise booking with them.  I also monitor an email address for my mother, who has previously cruised with Viking, and I went ahead and signed onto their mailing list using her address.  She gets multiple promotional emails a week from Viking!

So my suggestion is, create another email address and sign it up.

I never get any promotions either. I’ve signed up and have a current booking. Everything is always in my wife’s name even though I’m the one who signed up and makes all the bookings. Maybe their research shows it’s more effective with women?

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:46 AM, OneSixtyToOne said:

I never get any promotions either. I’ve signed up and have a current booking. Everything is always in my wife’s name even though I’m the one who signed up and makes all the bookings. Maybe their research shows it’s more effective with women?

Finally got an email lol

Great Lakes sale. Looks like it's just an EBD Offer

image.thumb.png.1a8596939c7d414641e7e8b2a3675ac7.png

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 12:11 PM, bassethounddog said:

Received this email last night. Winter Mediterranean Cruise Offer.  Free International Air and Stateroom Upgrade. AMW22

Winter Mediterranean Sale (viking.com)

Thanks @bassethounddog. We just booked the Journey to Antiquities cruise. Got a DV1 at the V price, plus free air. It will our first trip to Greece. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

• Like 1