Obstructed view balcony cabins Sky Deck 8

my marina bay

I wonder if anyone has stayed in the obstructed view cabins on Deck 8 above the sea food restaurant or Alfredos. In particular cabins E422 424 426 428 430 432 port side or 425 427 429 431 433 437 starboard. Was it noisy or was the view very restricted. Any recommendations which cabin to chose? We have to let our TA know as we are transferring from another cruise and she needs a cabin number ASAP.

We've stayed in that area a few times on the Royal Class ships.  The obstruction is nonexistent in my opinion.  I wouldn't hesitate to book another one in the future.  

Some have much larger balconies, such as E429 and E425, the same for the port side.  There has been some noise heard from the seafood restaurant below (french music) but nothing from Alfredos.  The location is so convenient.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, my marina bay said:

I wonder if anyone has stayed in the obstructed view cabins on Deck 8 above the sea food restaurant or Alfredos. In particular cabins E422 424 426 428 430 432 port side or 425 427 429 431 433 437 starboard. Was it noisy or was the view very restricted. Any recommendations which cabin to chose? We have to let our TA know as we are transferring from another cruise and she needs a cabin number ASAP.

We were and now again in E505. The restriction can be metal from the railing down so you cannot see under the railing. We had no noise at all.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bvhboat said:

Anyone know if there's a couch in E437 on the Sky Princess?

It looks like E437 is BW which is a regular balcony obstructed.  It does not have a couch.  The deluxe balconies do have a couch.

Credit Cruise deck plans . com on the pic

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 11.24.05 AM.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

E433 - BW - No couch but a good balcony. The chairs recline & have a taller backrest unlike the photos I’ve seen on Sun Princess.

image.thumb.png.2b3f347e6d1a776510a96364806e6a93.png

That’s our favorite cabin on the Royal class ships!  
I book it every time it is available.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

That’s our favorite cabin on the Royal class ships!  
I book it every time it is available.  

Maybe we should 🤫 about it ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

New to Princess, we have booked E407 on Regal, 12 day Scotland. Y'all spoke so fondly of these cabins. I booked! Saw some picture and the video channel website. Looks good 😎  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TinyG said:

Also looking on the Majestic 439 how is this one? I can't seem to find much. Found the opposite side, but a few down. 

Looking at deck plans it has the standard 9’x4’ balcony.

image.thumb.png.f96f985e91090e369857eacade7770d4.png

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E101-E230

Edited by Astro Flyer