Equinox July 10 Sailing - No live music & no shows??

bandp407

DH & I sail next Sunday. I just went back into the App to check the latest on menus & entertainment. Well to our surprise it was TOTALLY different than 3 days ago!!!

There is no pre dinner live music - generally around 7:45, no combo late afternoon at the sunset bar, no bands at 10:00 in the Grand Foyer & other than late night comedy, NO SHOWS in the theatre ! Gen Maldonado is in the theatre 1 night & the activities team does the ABBA Mania on night 2. Silent Disco is taking over 3nights & Full Moon Pride Party is 2 nights. This sounds like a VERY different Celebrity Cruise experience than we are used to. Sailed on the Reflection in Nov & March and the music and shows were excellent. Previously sailed on the Equinox and she was amazing!  Should I not put faith in the Celebrity App? The Menus greatly changed from 3 days ago as well. We have gone from pre-cruise excitement to oh no! 

If anyone on board this week’s sailing can clarify any of this , it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The app is not very trustworthy.

The app stole my wallet once.  I’d agree not good to rely on only the app.  Lots of posts here about how unreliable it is.  Good to use it as a general guide.

• Haha 2

Why not look at the current cruise.   Often a week to two before the cruise they delete the place holders and populate with the "REAL" activities.  

It is not uncommon that things are messed up during a weekend escpecially a holiday weekend. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Why not look at the current cruise.   Often a week to two before the cruise they delete the place holders and populate with the "REAL" activities.  

It is not uncommon that things are messed up during a weekend escpecially a holiday weekend. 

Thank you Jim! I don’t often look at the app pre cruise, but did for this one & oh boy ! A lesson to be learned. I relied on it & lost a dinner reservation in Murano. Will see what we can do once onboard.

I don’t know how to check the shows & live music happenings for a cruise other than ours. I should just let this rest , finish packing & keep the excitement going! 

wish you & Iain a fabulous  & Covid free sailing on the Summit! 

5 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

I can find menus on the app but where do I look for entertainment? When I click on entertainment there is nothing. We sail on the 22nd of July so it is not that far in the future. 

Entertainment is under Daily Planner under the picture of the ship.  It is filtered by Recommended activities you can select all or individual items by selecting the filter button and choose what you want.   I usually leave it on all

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

The app stole my wallet once.  I’d agree not good to rely on only the app.  Lots of posts here about how unreliable it is.  Good to use it as a general guide.

Thank you - good advice. What I am seeing really does not make sense. 

Just now, bandp407 said:

Thank you Jim! I don’t often look at the app pre cruise, but did for this one & oh boy ! A lesson to be learned. I relied on it & lost a dinner reservation in Murano. Will see what we can do once onboard.

I don’t know how to check the shows & live music happenings for a cruise other than ours. I should just let this rest , finish packing & keep the excitement going! 

wish you & Iain a fabulous  & Covid free sailing on the Summit! 

To check a different ship -  Click on the icon of a head  and select the Teal Words Select a different Sailing -

At the bottom under your reservation -  choose Get more details on ships we support -  Select a ship and choose a sailing.

Thanks also Jim- nothing is listed for any day under entertainment. Menus are more or less up to date but at the moment no activities or entertainment is listed. Do hope that is a glitch and not a reflection of what is going on. Will see if I can find an earlier sailing and look. 

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To check a different ship -  Click on the icon of a head  and select the Teal Words Select a different Sailing -

At the bottom under your reservation -  choose Get more details on ships we support -  Select a ship and choose a sailing.

You are the best ! Thanks so much Jim!

PLEASE don't worry!  The same thing happened with my June 18 Equinox sailing.  EVERYTHING changed multiple times and then NOTHING showed up right before the cruise.

The REAL cruise entertainment experience...was AMAZING!  

You will have an AWESOME time!  Enjoy!

11 hours ago, Ella2 said:

PLEASE don't worry!  The same thing happened with my June 18 Equinox sailing.  EVERYTHING changed multiple times and then NOTHING showed up right before the cruise.

The REAL cruise entertainment experience...was AMAZING!  

You will have an AWESOME time!  Enjoy!

Ella2 - thank you so much for putting us at ease & all of your good wishes! Looking forward to another memorable cruise! 

Just back from the June 26 sailing. I don't use the App. We enjoyed a full slate of entertainment, always pre-dinner music in the lounges and the atrium. I won't say that all were "fantastic" but there were certainly some standouts. The production cast were all really top rate! Even if you've seen the shows, see them again!

As for Covid, the perennially "chatty" Captain Matt made no mention of any cases. (But that doesn't mean that there was no Covid.) All crew were tested about 3 days in and none of our wait staff, cabin steward, butler, bartenders etc, had gone missing. The ship was booked at about 75% and crowds were getting close to pre-Covid levels. We're home now for 2 days and no coughing ... once again, I think that we've managed to escape the virus.

The ship looks great, you'll enjoy a wonderful sailing!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

A version of this has been the case on our last several cruises recently. The app was missing much of the entertainment, some was added mid-cruise, and some changed during the sailing 

I won’t be paying much attention to the app going forward,  other than for check-in!  I’ve always been spot on knowing the Chic nights & Lobster nights in the dining room without the app. Should have done the same for this cruise & would still have Murano ! Not a big deal in the scheme of it all! 

14 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

Just back from the June 26 sailing. I don't use the App. We enjoyed a full slate of entertainment, always pre-dinner music in the lounges and the atrium. I won't say that all were "fantastic" but there were certainly some standouts. The production cast were all really top rate! Even if you've seen the shows, see them again!

As for Covid, the perennially "chatty" Captain Matt made no mention of any cases. (But that doesn't mean that there was no Covid.) All crew were tested about 3 days in and none of our wait staff, cabin steward, butler, bartenders etc, had gone missing. The ship was booked at about 75% and crowds were getting close to pre-Covid levels. We're home now for 2 days and no coughing ... once again, I think that we've managed to escape the virus.

The ship looks great, you'll enjoy a wonderful sailing!

Thanks much AC Stew ! Appreciate your feedback - sounds like what we have grown accustomed to with Celebrity. As to the shows, we have noticed they have greatly improved . 

Glad to hear you are home for 2 days with no Covid symptoms! Hope that continues! We have been Covid free for 2 1/2 years , vaccinated & boosted , but you just don’t know these days. It’s a risk we take to cruise. Like you, we are fortunate that we drive to the port & don’t have the added stress and exposure with flying . Stay well! 

I think so, but sorry, I don't know for sure.  However, in the "pre-departure" information sheet delivered to the cabin, I do remember seeing a section on instructions for Back 2 Back guests. They obviously have protocols in place.

17 hours ago, 5waldos said:

I can find menus on the app but where do I look for entertainment? When I click on entertainment there is nothing. We sail on the 22nd of July so it is not that far in the future. 

I would expect entertainment to be updated hours or perhaps a day or 2 prior to boarding. You are still 2 weeks out.