Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

32 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They sometimes put on recorded music when entertainers are taking a break in the various venues in the evenings but it's usually fairly quiet. I don't whether that's from something that is playing ship-wide or just something setup for each particular venue.

Agree -  Perhaps it’s so low key its unnoticeable 😁

• Like 1

I was chatting with a friend on antisocial media. Her parents were booked on the 12 night cruise that was split into two B2B. They missed the first leg as there flight from WA was cancelled.

They tested positive while on the cruise so were placed in isolation and missed Port Douglas. 
They were "upgraded" to a balcony cabin for isolation but unfortunately the weather meant they couldn’t sit out there!

As the ship was delayed returning to Brisbane, they only had another 2 days of isolation which was done in a Gold Coast hotel. 
They are now back home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I was chatting with a friend on antisocial media. Her parents were booked on the 12 night cruise that was split into two B2B. They missed the first leg as there flight from WA was cancelled.

They tested positive while on the cruise so were placed in isolation and missed Port Douglas. 
They were "upgraded" to a balcony cabin for isolation but unfortunately the weather meant they couldn’t sit out there!

As the ship was delayed returning to Brisbane, they only had another 2 days of isolation which was done in a Gold Coast hotel. 
They are now back home. 

But, did they otherwise have a great time? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

They are now back home. 

Quite an ordeal. Sounds like they rolled with the punches though 🥰🥰

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They sometimes put on recorded music when entertainers are taking a break in the various venues in the evenings but it's usually fairly quiet. I don't whether that's from something that is playing ship-wide or just something setup for each particular venue.

I will have to keep an ear out for it.

Pacific Explorer did have this, and I think it was 24hrs, so if it was otherwise quiet as you made your way around the ship, it was noticeable. It would otherwise fade into the background noise. My main objection was that it was all "cover" music, not original, perhaps to save paying royalties on something nobody was listening to.

40 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

They are now back home. 

A real shame for your friends parents.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

They are now back home. 

Wow now that a be a holiday to remember 😏😷🥴

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The reviews I read immediately after your previous post, are still there. Is it possible you were looking in a different section of the forum?

Yes they are, I must have been looking under a different title. Silly me.😬

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The poor member reviews on Coral appear to have been removed. Sounds iffy.

There weren't any negative reviews on Coral when I looked after your comments. They were all good.  I feel a mixture of good and poor comments is usually more believable.  

I look at reviews when I'm making travel decisions, so always put in a review to assist others.  

Just now, MMDown Under said:

There weren't any negative reviews on Coral when I looked after your comments. They were all good.  I feel a mixture of good and poor comments is usually more believable.  

I look at reviews when I'm making travel decisions, so always put in a review to assist others.  

The poor reviews are still there, go to member reviews top of this page.

27 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just hiding in the shadows. Till then, no news is good news.

They've moved on - to the good ship Barilledover.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Yes, those poor, poor reviews.

Well Geoff the latest ones I read were not that great, written by Aussies on the very recent eastern sea board cruises.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

The media seem to have gone all quiet. A delayed case of "move along folks, nothing to see here"?

They need to be fed a couple of lurgy cases and see a dozen ambulances at the wharf, lol. Then they will go beserk again.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well Geoff the latest ones I read were not that great, written by Aussies on the very recent eastern sea board cruises.

Yes, with 100 crew in isolation, I would expect standards to slip a bit. Beyond that, it is mostly as I would expect Aussie based Princess to be.

A few grumbles about ordering through the app, so we are happy to go to the bar or order via a waiter. I wonder if the demand on the bars is coming from a higher proportion of passengers making the most of a drinks package built into their fare - we have had similar issues on other lines too.

Cold food in the MDR, never, it goes back for a replacement. I watch around and see the waiter bring up that course for all of their tables, and if you are dining a bit slower than those around you, you can get a cold meal that way too. Easily fixed. We aren't demanding, but do know what is expected.

If anything, the most disappointing aspect has been discussed here as well as being mentioned in some of the reviews - check your folio regularly, as there is likely to be charges there for drinks covered under the package, or for items already prepaid. Having to queue at the service desk for this is a failure, and something that would peev me more than any other issues mentioned.

• Like 4

On 7/9/2022 at 3:20 PM, NSWP said:

Thanks Geoff but how do we know if Princess is reluctant to hoist the red flag?  We don't even know if the cruise lines are sending the correct data through to the relevant state government health agencies.

I saw a post on FB today from someone who is on Coral now. He attended a presentation about "Living at Sea" and during the presentation it was mentioned that all crew members were out of isolation now. So the only cases onboard would be passengers.

• Like 3