Royal stock question...

You need proof of ownership for at least one second after you made your booking.  Of course, you could have bought at a previous time. Also, you wouldn’t need to own it after you sent the proof for the stockholder’s credit. 

Edited by neverbeenhere

16 minutes ago, futureAG said:

Someone tell me more about this... how much stock do you have to own? How much OBC do you get? Who do you turn the "proof" into to get the OBC? 

you need a minimum of 100 shares. the amount of obc you get depends on how long your cruise is. $50 for 5 nights or less, $100 for 6-13 nights, $250 for 14 or more nights. You upload the "proof" to the site, https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com

Edited by jamestown478
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Please clarify.....if I booked the cruise a few days ago and buy the stock this week, will I be able to get the OBC for the cruise in January?

Yes - you just need to show proof of stock ownership when you apply for the OBC (doesn't matter when you bought it).

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 7:28 AM, Biker19 said:

Yes - you just need to show proof of stock ownership when you apply for the OBC (doesn't matter when you bought it).

Correct - I have used the same shares for over six years now to receive the $100 OBC on every cruise. 

Please clarify.....if I booked the cruise a few days ago and buy the stock this week, will I be able to get the OBC for the cruise in January?

It does not matter when you buy the stock. You don't need to own it when you book the cruise or when you board the ship, you only have to own it when you apply for the OBC.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

3 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It does not matter when you buy the stock. You don't need to own it when you book the cruise or when you board the ship, you only have to own it when you apply for the OBC.

Did my explanation not come across the exact same way? Am I missing something?

• Haha 1

Thanks for the quick response all! Going to keep an eye on the stock for a while before buying. Doesn't look too promising for a significant rise any time soon! May not be worth the risk for the OBC.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Thanks for the quick response all! Going to keep an eye on the stock for a while before buying. Doesn't look too promising for a significant rise any time soon! May not be worth the risk for the OBC.

Guess it depenfs on how many cruises you have booked. My projected OBC is close to 2 grand. The share price could drop to $15 and I'd break even

50 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Doesn't look too promising for a significant rise any time soon!

As has been mentioned, you only need to show you owned it when applying for the OBC - you could buy it one day, apply for the OBC the next day and sell it the day after.

Biker, who thinks the next significant stock price movement may be with the quarterly results toward the end of the month.

Had ten Celebrity and Royal cruises booked for the next year.  With prices in the mid-30th made sense to buy stock.  Didn't get confirmation of purchase before first of those cruises but was able to submit for the remaining nine.  In four days had confirmation of $900 worth of OBC.  Used retirement money that I wasn't spending anyway.  Now if the dividend ever come back will have stock paid for in a couple of years.  Maybe three if only OBC.

On 7/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, Biker19 said:

Did my explanation not come across the exact same way? Am I missing something?

You've been around long enough to know that posters responding may not read all of the previous ones and can't know that you've answered. RELAX!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You've been around long enough to know that posters responding may not read all of the previous ones and can't know that you've answered. RELAX!!!!

Looks like it was simple error in quoting the wrong person.

Today my email for stockholders benefit bounced, twice. I emailed to stockholders@carnival.com as I have done for 2 cruises this year, March and May.  If people think this is still the correct email address I will try again tomorrow. Any suggestions?  Thanks, m—

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Today my email for stockholders benefit bounced, twice. I emailed to stockholders@carnival.com as I have done for 2 cruises this year, March and May.  If people think this is still the correct email address I will try again tomorrow. Any suggestions?  Thanks, m—

It is not the correct address for Royal…..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

It is:  shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

I always use this link to submit: https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

1 minute ago, Jt4428 said:

Do you usually upload a page from a statement that shows your name and RCL with 100 shares and redact the other information on the statement?

Yes!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 2:36 AM, jamestown478 said:

you need a minimum of 100 shares. the amount of obc you get depends on how long your cruise is. $50 for 5 nights or less, $100 for 6-13 nights, $250 for 14 or more nights. You upload the "proof" to the site, https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com

All correct but no extra benefit for having more than 100 shares.