What Ship Did You Celebrate Making Pinnacle?

OZ.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:30 PM, OZ. said:

I should make pinnacle in either October or November. Do they acknowledge you on the cruise you turn pinnacle or the next one? I want to decide which ship to book for it. Which ship a better? Looking for a ship home porting in the US.

We just made Pinnacle on Freedom, end of June.  Although they do not do an actual VIP event, they gave us a private party in the library.  Captain, loyalty ambassador, cruise director, hotel director, and a couple of other officers were present.  Photographer took pictures which they delivered to our cabin the next day.  They made us a Pineapple Cake, gave us a bottle of champagne.   It was very nice and they made us feel very special.  

I went to the LA the day we boarded and she already had it in her notes that we were making Pinnacle on the cruise.  We also earned our 10th crystal block on Freedom.  Pinnacle benefits start once your points actually hit.  I already booked our free cruise and now just have to wait for our actual Pinnacle package to arrive.  They said it could take up to 3 months before we get it.  Our next cruise is in a month on Freedom and we will get the Pinnacle benefits on that one.

Super excited to finally have made it.

• Like 5

On 7/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, Anton said:

The only difference is the venue.  On Freedom class they have the event in the forward lounge on promenade deck  (Star Lounge).  Should be the same for Voyager class.  I reached pinnacle on Freedom in January but at the time the Covid protocols meant I had a small presentation in the pinnacle lounge (the old cigar lounge by the Star Lounge) but they don’t have that happening now.  

That is what they did for us - no Top Tier Event, but they gave us a private party in the library next to Star Lounge.  It was very nice.  We just made Pinnacle end of June on Freedom.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:57 PM, SummerBeee said:

If all goes as planned I’ll reach pinnacle in October on Serenade. I’m on for a month and will reach 700 on the first segment. Solo sailing so if they give me a cake I’ve got to make some friends 🎉

We were alone on Freedom when we made Pinnacle end of June and we gave our cake to our cabin guy to take to the crew quarters.  He told us it was gone in no time at all!  We knew we would not eat it, and did not want to waste it, so gave it to the crew to enjoy.  I even put a note on it with my signature, just in case anyone asked where he got the cake so that they would know he had our permission to take it to the crew quarters.

• Like 2

we made it some years ago on Rhapsody in the Med. It was the time when  it meant something to Royal to get new Pins. The actual ceremony was conducted by the Guest Relation Officer with introduction and Q's and A's during the Top Tier Event. After the ceremony we were invited to the lounge and a big cake waited for us and all of the senior crew members. Everybody had a great time up there and in the evening HD Alcides invited us to specialty dinner. It was a memorable event, in contrast to the crappy celebration nowadays where Mr Cheapo HD (yes there are some very few exceptions) prefers to safe "his" money for his personal year end bonus scheme.....

Pinnacle Ceremony (1).JPG

Edited by Kbonner
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

We just made Pinnacle on Freedom, end of June.  Although they do not do an actual VIP event, they gave us a private party in the library.  Captain, loyalty ambassador, cruise director, hotel director, and a couple of other officers were present.  Photographer took pictures which they delivered to our cabin the next day.  They made us a Pineapple Cake, gave us a bottle of champagne.   It was very nice and they made us feel very special.  

I went to the LA the day we boarded and she already had it in her notes that we were making Pinnacle on the cruise.  We also earned our 10th crystal block on Freedom.  Pinnacle benefits start once your points actually hit.  I already booked our free cruise and now just have to wait for our actual Pinnacle package to arrive.  They said it could take up to 3 months before we get it.  Our next cruise is in a month on Freedom and we will get the Pinnacle benefits on that one.

Congratulations on making it to Pinnacle. So there weren’t any other passengers there?

Edited by OZ.

19 hours ago, OZ. said:

Congratulations on making it to Pinnacle. So there weren’t any other passengers there?

no, it was a private party just for us with the officers.  We maybe were the only ones making Pinnacle that trip, not sure, but no others were there with us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, trippintex said:

how long will it take to get your package 

Took six months for me.  

Received two boxes.  One for us...one for another unknown couple.  

Our box had our pins inside that were not secured, which were banged and scratched up pretty bad (LA on EX reordered them for us when she saw them).  They were also listed wrong....not how we ordered them.

Spent an hour on the phone to CS trying to get them to pick up the package that did not belong to us and send to rightful owners.  They finally told me to toss that package, since they could not figure out how to do so.  What a waste.  Those poor new Pinnies had to wait even longer.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sowhat said:

Pineapple cakes 

Screenshot_20220802-215155_Google.jpg

Wow; beautiful cakes!  On my 8 night Explorer cruise this weekend, I hit Pinnacle.  I'd love to see one of these cakes; and taste it too 😋

Edited by Surfguyxxx
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 6:04 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

I love this site for learning new things!!!!!  I always thought that you got your status "after" the cruise you achieved it on .  We're sailing this August on Explorer OTS and on that cruise we hit Pinnacle (701 points, finally 😅).  I guess we'll receive the actual Pinnacle "benefits" on the following cruise which is when I assumed you'd get your rewards, which for me, that cruise will be on the Serenade for a 13 night Panama Canal cruising in September.  And, truth be told, I never knew you got a Pineapple Cake and wondered why all Pinnacles were called "Pineapples"; duhhhhhhh 🤣

We are exactly in the same spot. We will be at 701 after our Liberty cruise and will be on the Serenade Panama Canal cruise with you.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 6:47 AM, karena1 said:

Typically your Pinnacle cruise is your 9th block🤔

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Typically your Pinnacle cruise is your 9th block🤔

Our Freedom block the LA gave me the crystal block for Freedom on the ship.  Now just waiting for our Pinnacle Package to arrive via the mail.  Cannot wait to see it, but know it is going to take some time to get it.

Edited by karena1

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

Our Freedom block the LA gave me the crystal block for Freedom on the ship.  Now just waiting for our Pinnacle Package to arrive via the mail.  Cannot wait to see it, but know it is going to take some time to get it.

Still only equals 9

1-140

2-210

3-280

4-350

5-420

6-490

7-560 

8-630

9-700