****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

23 minutes ago, InNeedOfSaltWater said:

HEAR YE HEAR YE

No more COVID test required

TheStreet: Carnival Cruise Lines Brings Back a Fan Favorite.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/cruise-carnival-camp-ocean

Nothing in your linked article indicates that testing is no longer required by Carnival.  The article mentions CDC actions and the reopen of kids clubs on Carnival ships... 

As of now... Carnival DOES still require testing. From the Carnival protocols website, just now:

" Carnival welcomes the CDC’s decision to replace its current public health protocols with a new set of guidelines for health operations on cruise ships. We will review these once they’re available, but there are no immediate changes to Carnival’s COVID-19 protocols. While planning an upcoming cruise, guests should continue to follow this page, as well as any pre-cruise communications from Carnival. "

Edited by Brkintx

23 minutes ago, InNeedOfSaltWater said:

HEAR YE HEAR YE

No more COVID test required

TheStreet: Carnival Cruise Lines Brings Back a Fan Favorite.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/cruise-carnival-camp-ocean

I don't think that is a true statement. Nowhere can I find in the article that states that Carnival Cruise Line is dropping the  coivid testing requirements. As much as all of us would like that to be true, I don't see that it is. 

26 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

Nothing in your linked article indicates that testing is no longer required by Carnival.  The article mentions CDC actions and the reopen of kids clubs on Carnival ships... 

As of now... Carnival DOES still require testing. From the Carnival protocols website, just now:

" Carnival welcomes the CDC’s decision to replace its current public health protocols with a new set of guidelines for health operations on cruise ships. We will review these once they’re available, but there are no immediate changes to Carnival’s COVID-19 protocols. While planning an upcoming cruise, guests should continue to follow this page, as well as any pre-cruise communications from Carnival. "

My bad, I read it wrong.

6 minutes ago, InNeedOfSaltWater said:

My bad, I read it wrong.

We have cruisers actively seeking out information that are confused. How is Carnival going to handle say 100 passengers that saw the CDC announcement and forgo testing? Are they going to reject that many passengers?

3 hours ago, KendallGator said:

We have cruisers actively seeking out information that are confused. How is Carnival going to handle say 100 passengers that saw the CDC announcement and forgo testing? Are they going to reject that many passengers?

Yep. IMO at least. The information is correct on the website, included in the checkin process, and any misinformation is not Carnival’s responsibility. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KendallGator said:

They will check them at the Port.

4 hours ago, KendallGator said:

Their cruise contract is governed by the policies and procedures of Carnival Cruise Line. NOT the CDC. If any customer of CCL is going to read into something the CDC said and act upon that statement, and NOT confirming with CCL as an absolute fact, then it is on the customer, no one else. This is where "caveat emptor" comes into play.  ie: it's the customers responsibility to find out the exact procedures from the cruise line. :classic_wink:

• Like 3

I'm trying to find out if CCL's Baltimore terminal has back-up Covid testing for those whose results haven't arrived by time of boarding.  I was forced to do this at Miami's terminal in January for $100 but the alternative was missing our cruise.  Nothing mentioned on the Baltimore terminal's website.  Any suggestions on how to get this info.  I don't feel comfortable doing the proctor thing because I'm not too techie and I'm still trying to find a rapid test place in NJ.  Let this testing drama go away please.

34 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

I'm trying to find out if CCL's Baltimore terminal has back-up Covid testing for those whose results haven't arrived by time of boarding.  I was forced to do this at Miami's terminal in January for $100 but the alternative was missing our cruise.  Nothing mentioned on the Baltimore terminal's website.  Any suggestions on how to get this info.  I don't feel comfortable doing the proctor thing because I'm not too techie and I'm still trying to find a rapid test place in NJ.  Let this testing drama go away please.

From Carnival's COVID-19 FAQ's at https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-faqs:

Where can I get a COVID-19 test?

For select sailings departing through July 31, 2022, a limited number of antigen tests for vaccinated guests will be available at the cruise terminal on the day of sailing. Advance reservations are required, and availability is on a capacity-controlled basis. A non-refundable payment of US$100 per person will be collected by the testing provider at the time the reservation is made (major credit cards and debit cards accepted).

Guests who schedule their test for the day of sailing must still arrive at their arrival appointment. To make a reservation, please use the link designated below for your departure port.

(this is the link for Baltimore)  -> https://www.docgo.com/carnival

Ok lovely folks. Our cruise is from Charleston in 20 days to Bahamas. I will need to know how to take the eHome tests that are quick and simple? PCR tests. What is the website (sorry been looking so much on this forum and my eyes are cross eyed now). 

please provide the link so I can make an appointment. Is it free? 

On 7/22/2022 at 10:45 AM, Cruisesfun65 said:

This still didn't answer the question whether the booster needs to be minimal 14 days prior to the cruise nor a mention of a 2nd booster.

As of now Carnival does not require the booster unless sailing overseas,

5 hours ago, Valentina84 said:

Ok lovely folks. Our cruise is from Charleston in 20 days to Bahamas. I will need to know how to take the eHome tests that are quick and simple? PCR tests. What is the website (sorry been looking so much on this forum and my eyes are cross eyed now). 

It’s $14.99 per person, you supply the test. https://onpoint-testing.com/

6 hours ago, Valentina84 said:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Valentina84 said:

I’m not sure if you shouldn’t have a back up plan other than OnPoint but hopefully it will work.   
I’m going with emed tests even though they’re more expensive. 

Good luck.  

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I did read on the googly news that Carnival will announce any decision regarding pre cruise testing on their August update.  I am waiting for August until I panic.

When is their August update?

thanks

On 7/21/2022 at 8:53 PM, Riemercruisin said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but we need an answer ASAP so I can't go dig in the files.

Friends of ours are sailing with us next week and don't have a booster shot. 

They want to go get it tomorrow so they can test 3 days before the cruise.

Is there a specific cut off for the booster (like the 14 days max for the 2 first shots)?

Will the booster make them test positive??

A booster shot is not a requirement for Carnival according to customer service.

10 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

A booster shot is not a requirement for Carnival according to customer service.

FYI - a few Carnival cruises do require a booster.  From Carnival's Have Fun. Be Safe. page at https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122 :

The following voyages require fully vaccinated guests, ages 12 and older, who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series to be boosted in order to sail:

• Carnival Pride® and Carnival Celebration Europe – All 2022 departures
  • Carnival Splendor® 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

FYI - a few Carnival cruises do require a booster.  From Carnival's Have Fun. Be Safe. page at https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122 :

The following voyages require fully vaccinated guests, ages 12 and older, who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series to be boosted in order to sail:

• Carnival Pride® and Carnival Celebration Europe – All 2022 departures
  • Carnival Splendor® 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022

You're correct when sailing to those areas.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 5:56 AM, Cruisesfun65 said:

There's no mention of a 2nd booster to be up to date anywhere on Carnival's website. For now, only 1 booster.

I spoke with Carnival customer service and a booster shot is not required.