Virgin Voyages Just Dropped Testing in US!

41 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Plan on testing.  If you don't have to, then that's all good, but don't get caught out with wishful thinking.

Oh I've got my test lined up for 09.04.2022 so not an issue. Just hoping by our January cruise this is all behind us as far as testing before boarding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

Are we going to have to see one of these "XXXX just dropped testing" in every company specific forum every time company XXXX drops testing?....

That's getting old and it's only been a couple days.

Isn't it great that we are under no obligation to click on threads? 🙂 

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

Makes more sense for a line that is 18 and over.   It's the unvaxed kids allowed on the ship that concern me for testing the most.  

Why? Vaccination status means nothing these days for who may or may not be infected.

• Like 7

Are we going to have to see one of these "XXXX just dropped testing" in every company specific forum every time company XXXX drops testing?....

It is so easy to skip over threads that do not appeal to you.

• Like 6

Yes, yes we are, as protocol changes are very newsworthy items

• Like 10

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, yes we are, as protocol changes are very newsworthy items

Just to add, instead of creating a new post, Azamara, Norwegian & Viking all joined the no more testing group earlier today for cruises from the US. RCI & Carnival can’t be far behind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Just to add, instead of creating a new post, Azamara, Norwegian & Viking all joined the no more testing group earlier today for cruises from the US. RCI & Carnival can’t be far behind. 

I haven't seen anything from Norwegian regarding US testing 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Do you have a link to Norwegian announcement?  I only see it dropped for EU saiings

Edited by molly361

13 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

I sure hope so.  Testing needs to end and I'm glad to see the updates.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Where did you read that NCL is stopping testing for cruises from the US? Their website still says that testing is required.

ETA

Actually Azamara and Viking websites also still state that testing is required from the US. Do you have a link?

Edited by dcgrumpy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

Azamara was the first to drop testing and that was 2 days ago on the 19th

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

Makes more sense for a line that is 18 and over.   It's the unvaxed kids allowed on the ship that concern me for testing the most.  

Why is that?  Are kids more likely be Covid positive than adults?  I haven’t seen any studies on that.  

If your worried about an unvaccinated kid having sever outcomes, the research doesn’t back up the worry.  The research is consistent in that kids infected with Covid have far less problems than adults.  And unvaccinated kids enjoy significantly less severity than older categories of even vaccinated adults.  For example,

statistically  you are far better off being an unvaccinated 5 -10 year old than you are being a 70-85 year old that is vaccinated and boosted.  Add to this that months ago studies suggest 70+% of kids have had Covid so they have natural immunity (probably even higher % now).  

I just don’t see any reasonable logic that makes kids an issue with regards to dropping testing.  The data and results are very clear on kids enjoying the least potential negative outcomes from covid. There is zero evidence on ability to spread the current Covid strains based on your vaccination status.  

I still like the idea of testing, but there is zero scientific evidence to make a decision one or another based on unvaccinated kids being onboard.   

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

I hope so.  I like knowing about things that might impact Royal and their policies.   Pretty big reason I use CC.  

It is very easy to ignore a thread by the way.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

From the US? The website still says that is required from Miami.

Yes from the US.  They used to be part of Royal which explains the website delay.🤣  I guess it doesn't currently mean much though as their first US sailing isn't until November

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27872-azamara-announces-removal-of-embarkation-covid-19-testing.html

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes from the US.  They used to be part of Royal which explains the website delay.🤣

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/27872-azamara-announces-removal-of-embarkation-covid-19-testing.html

That's the same thing that is on the website. It says starting 7/25 testing isn't required in certain ports. But the list says it is required for Miami

2 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

That's the same thing that is on the website. It says starting 7/25 testing isn't required in certain ports. But the list says it is required for Miami

I added that It really doesn't mean much as their first US sailings isn't until November

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

I have 2 kids, one vaxed and one not, we had to cancel because my vaxed one got Covid 3 days before our trip.  If anything the unvaxed kids are probably safer, they literally test them at the port before they’re allowed to board while everyone else hasn’t tested in possibly 2 days. 

Vaccinated guests will be able to board the Margaritaville at Sea Paradise without having to undergo pre-boarding testing starting on July 23, according to a press release.

All crew members aboard the Margaritaville at Sea ship will continue to be fully vaccinated and follow all necessary safety and hygienic procedures, according to the company.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:15 PM, ace1zoe2 said:

Effective 07.27.2022 testing in US is no longer required by Virgin. Hopefully RCI will follow suit.

https://porthole.com/virgin-voyages-removes-pre-cruise-covid-testing/

One ship, 2 ports, 5 day itineraries and no kids -  hardly a like for like comparison. Ships will still have to meet the requirements of every port visited regardless of the CDC's advice.

• Thanks 1