Live Cruising Review Turkey/Greek Islands NCL Jade 7/31/22 -8/7/22 

BennyBrun

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

BennyBrun was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

The time has come for yet another virtual cruise.  This week I will be on NCL Jade.  A port stop everyday with no sea day to rest.  Come along for lots of pictures, lots of food and lots of my random thoughts 💭

9E2C94E3-DFE1-48F5-8D3A-3A983D5729DA.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm in for this one.  I've followed you on Carnival, Celebrity, and Royal live reviews.  Haven't considered NCL since our Norway cruise way back in the day.  Perhaps you will change our mind.....  Looking forward to your experience!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I'm in for this one.  I've followed you on Carnival, Celebrity, and Royal live reviews.  Haven't considered NCL since our Norway cruise way back in the day.  Perhaps you will change our mind.....  Looking forward to your experience!

As I have mentioned in my Royal reviews, I use NCL solely for excursions in port heavy cruises because I really do save some money using the unlimited $50.00 excursion credit per excursion on the first person to see a lot of these ports.  Usually by the time I get back on the ship I am ready to shower / rest have some chicken wings at OSheans and get ready for dinner so I can do it again the next day.  Really not a lot of down time which is why I don’t book Europe on Oasis class ships… I would be so bummed to miss out aqua shows / ice shows / production shows because I am too tired or have to get up early to meet an excursion 😆

For that reason you will find me on NCL and pretty soon on quite a few Carnival itineraries as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Pre Cruise…

the itinerary on this cruise kept on changing ( on day 2). The original plan was two port stops on Day 2, then they scrapped one stop and kept the other Turkey stop then they changed their mind again and not stopping at the originally planned stop and going to Izmir Turkey instead.  It’s all good but it’s funny the notifications I kept getting from NCL about itinerary change the last three weeks.

• Like 1

Pre Cruise Covid Testing / Vaccine Requirement.

This part is a bit tricky 

CURRENTLY 
From NCL 

For all sailings before August 1st:

All vaccinated guests, regardless of age, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e., PCR) taken within 2 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within 3 days of the embarkation date for cruises originating from a non-U.S./Canadian port.

However this is not quite true… if you go down to the Greece section you find

Provide proof of one of the following:

1) Negative COVID-19 antigen test result administered by a verified third party within two days of the embarkation date

2) NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days of embarkation date

3) COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*

so if you use EMED or rapid antigen you have to test two days before!  Double check the requirements before you go!

• Like 1

Pre Cruise

Please also double check the fully vaccinated definition for EU… Lots of things to check off on the list of things to do/have

EU Healthy Gateways currently defines individuals as "Fully Vaccinated" against COVID-19 if they carry proof of vaccination with at least 14 days and no more than 270 days passed since the last dose of the primary vaccination series or if they have received a third or booster dose. To clarify, guests that have received a booster dose can travel regardless of the amount of time that has passed since their booster dose. Booster requirements vary by country as follows:

Booster Requirements:

• Northern Europe/Baltic Itineraries (Baltic, British Isles & Iceland) do not require a booster.
  • Itineraries that include Italy, Spain, Greece, France, and Portugal require a booster, for all individuals 18 years or older, if their original vaccine course was taken more than 270 days prior to embarkation.
  • For itineraries which require boosters, in lieu of a booster 270 days after the primary series, guests may present a government recognized or official medical Certificate of Recovery.
    • For European Citizens, this would include an EU Green Pass or comparable certificate.
    • For all others unable to present an EU Green Pass (i.e. US Citizens) a doctor’s note, plus a laboratory confirmed PCR test result with the proper information (i.e. Name, Date, Date of Birth, Positive Result, etc.) will be accepted.
  • Children and Teens between the ages of 12 and 17: Full vaccination protocol at least two weeks after receipt of the final dose of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna or any WHO approved vaccine. Children under the age of 12 are not required to show proof of vaccination.

Guests who cannot meet the above requirements should not travel to the ship as they will be unable to board.

• Like 1

Following, thank you for doing this.  We'll be on the Jade in two months (barring any COVID, monkeypox, whatever infections) on a similar itinerary.  We're boosted, just have to figure out the required test either at embarkation or while we're in Athens.  😏  We have our flights too so we're knocking on wood that there won't be any changes, delays or cancellations.  ☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thera said:

Following, thank you for doing this.  We'll be on the Jade in two months (barring any COVID, monkeypox, whatever infections) on a similar itinerary.  We're boosted, just have to figure out the required test either at embarkation or while we're in Athens.  😏  We have our flights too so we're knocking on wood that there won't be any changes, delays or cancellations.  ☺️

It’s a lot to juggle a cruise ought of the US.  There are a lot of potential issues that you have to plan for and some issues just come up unexpectedly but hopefully it will be an amazing experience at the end!  My advice, plan what you can but don’t go overboard where it starts to stress you out.  You can’t plan for everything so sometimes you will just have to go with the flow!  I do suggest arriving not the day of the cruise but a day or two before to adjust for the time difference so you can rest up and be ready for the cruise.

• Like 3

When you are on board will you please look at the officers photo board and put on here the important names please (Not a photo as they are difficult to read!!).   If you are in a suite who is the Concierge?

Thanks

Mike

16 minutes ago, casofilia said:

When you are on board will you please look at the officers photo board and put on here the important names please (Not a photo as they are difficult to read!!).   If you are in a suite who is the Concierge?

Thanks

Mike

Hi, I can put a few names down but please don’t expect a full list !  I will include a picture as well.

• Like 1