Is Carnival Allowing Saving Deck Chairs Now?

JT1962

I saw this post from Carnival on Twitter. Does this mean they are now allowing saving deck chairs, or at least acknowledging they don’t enforce the policy against saving deck chairs anymore? I know they rarely enforced this, but this seems to be encouraging it. 

BBD5AC66-060D-41A8-BE6C-D36E50A1474D.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Just move the towels. I do. I don't care anymore.

I’m with u there.  Last month I called out 2 guys trying to cut to front of the line at airport check in…(when I was 2nd in line at that point)…sent them to the back of the veeeerrrry long line. Told  them to talk to the agent at the boarding pass printing machine.  I don’t/won’t put up with that anymore.

For pool side chairs, put their stuff on the ground/take it to the towel counter staff (if u know it’s been abandoned for 30 min ish), & take the chair to another spot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, robc1972 said:

if nobody sits there for 15 minutes then the seats are fair game, put your stuff down, return the towels as yours and you are ahead of the game.

I agree and this is what I do. It just appears by posting about saving the lounge chairs on the Carnival Twitter feed that they are encouraging it or at the very least making fun of the fact that they don’t enforce their own rules. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I agree and this is what I do. It just appears by posting about saving the lounge chairs on the Carnival Twitter feed that they are encouraging it or at the very least making fun of the fact that they don’t enforce their own rules. 

I think it's just they have to come up with tripe to post every day a couple times a day, and every once in a while they come up with tripe that gets a rise out of people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think it's just they have to come up with tripe to post every day a couple times a day, and every once in a while they come up with tripe that gets a rise out of people.

I would much prefer that they post they are eliminating Covid testing then posting crap trying to be funny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JT1962 said:

I would much prefer that they post they are eliminating Covid testing then posting crap trying to be funny.

You place too much importance on brand twitter accounts. They're not really for serious communication.

• Like 7

From what I've read on a Carnival site. There's supposed to be Carnival staff that

keeps an eye out on chairs. If they notice any that have been empty but towels

on them they'll place a 15 minute tag on the chair. If still empty after 15 minutes

they remove anything holding the chair and place it at a certain place for the

ones that return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

From what I've read on a Carnival site. There's supposed to be Carnival staff that

keeps an eye out on chairs. If they notice any that have been empty but towels

on them they'll place a 15 minute tag on the chair. If still empty after 15 minutes

they remove anything holding the chair and place it at a certain place for the

ones that return.

I have been on 25 Carnival cruises and have never seen this occur (never seen a yellow tag). Others may want to comment on their experience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ledges1 said:

I have been on 25 Carnival cruises and have never seen this occur (never seen a yellow tag). Others may want to comment on their experience.

I did see this done on Serenity -don't remember what ship though.  The towel attendant placed a sticker with the time on it on the towel hung over the lounge, but never came back to re-check.  When the person finally showed up (hours later) she just took the sticker off and threw it away and left again.

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Other cruisers moving possessions after just 15 minutes seems a little extreme. It can take  that long to get your drink from a crowded bar and make it back to your chair.

There is a plain difference between a chair that's been in use but someone just went up to get a drink or plate vs. a towel that's been sitting there since before breakfast.

• Like 1

Just now, mz-s said:

There is a plain difference between a chair that's been in use but someone just went up to get a drink or plate vs. a towel that's been sitting there since before breakfast.

I agree, but if you know the towel has been there since before breakfast, than you have been monitoring it for more than 15 minutes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

I agree, but if you know the towel has been there since before breakfast, than you have been monitoring it for more than 15 minutes.

It's not as complicated as you're making it. You don't have to sit there with a stopwatch to be able to tell when a chair is in use and someone just went to the bathroom vs. a chair hogger that's had their towel there since before breakfast.

• Like 1

Just now, mz-s said:

It's not as complicated as you're making it. You don't have to sit there with a stopwatch to be able to tell when a chair is in use and someone just went to the bathroom vs. a chair hogger that's had their towel there since before breakfast.

I would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt for more than 15 minutes, that's all.  And I say that as someone who has moved towels in the past.

• Like 3

Is it obvious when or if they're going around checking? Our little one will often be happy in the water for more than 15 minutes at a time and I'd hate to have to have to jump out every quarter hour to check to see if we've been tagged!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

On our last few Carnival cruises, we've seen chairs that had small stickers on them from staff that indicated 40 minute hold time when someone had placed towels etc on deck chairs.

I remember a 40 minute hold time as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

On our last few Carnival cruises, we've seen chairs that had small stickers on them from staff that indicated 40 minute hold time when someone had placed towels etc on deck chairs.

We saw this at Serenity on the Mardi Gras last October. Attendant placed the stickers and when the time was up he took their belongings to the towel stand. People didn't show up for another two hours and then were ticked off. Seriously?!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

We saw this at Serenity on the Mardi Gras last October. Attendant placed the stickers and when the time was up he took their belongings to the towel stand. People didn't show up for another two hours and then were ticked off. Seriously?!

Good to hear they're trying to prevent chair squatters on Mardi Gras.

• Like 2