Confirm Traditional Dining in Cruise Planner?

We booked our first ever Royal Caribbean cruise today! 🎉

When booking, we were giving the option to choose between my time dining and traditional dining at 5:30 PM, and we chose traditional. I can't seem to find this info anywhere in my cruise planner to confirm this - does anyone know where this info is displayed? 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, basicprincess24 said:

We booked our first ever Royal Caribbean cruise today! 🎉

When booking, we were giving the option to choose between my time dining and traditional dining at 5:30 PM, and we chose traditional. I can't seem to find this info anywhere in my cruise planner to confirm this - does anyone know where this info is displayed? 

Thanks! 

It's on your booking invoice.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, KeroTravel said:

Is MTD the only option on some sailings?  Kind of wish for our upcoming cruise we would have the option to choose, as I think traditional would work better for our little one.  

If MTD is your only choice then early and late traditional are fully booked.  You can ask to be put on the traditional waitlist.  There is no Royal ship that has only MTD.

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

If MTD is your only choice then early and late traditional are fully booked.  You can ask to be put on the traditional waitlist.  There is no Royal ship that has only MTD.

We don't sail until April 2023.  And I've been checking religiously since we booked the cruise in March.  Could this be a glitch?  Or will traditional show up later?  Many of the dining options aren't available for booking yet (I assume since we're so far out), but there isn't even an icon/clickable option for traditional dining.  

2 minutes ago, KeroTravel said:

We don't sail until April 2023.  And I've been checking religiously since we booked the cruise in March.  Could this be a glitch?  Or will traditional show up later?  Many of the dining options aren't available for booking yet (I assume since we're so far out), but there isn't even an icon/clickable option for traditional dining.  

You choose MTD or early late traditional at the time of your booking. There is never a option to change in the cruise planner.  You or your TA need to call Royal try to get what you want. Your original invoice should show what you picked. 

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

You choose MTD or early late traditional at the time of your booking. There is never a option to change in the cruise planner.  You or your TA need to call Royal try to get what you want. Your original invoice should show what you picked. 

Ah....that's probably it.  We will call our TA and get it straightened out.  Thank you so much for your help.

15 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

You could also reserve the same time slot every day with MTD and you might possibly even get the same table and wait staff.

We have always get the same table for MTD when I reserve the time for each evening in the CP, pre cruise. Wait staff is always the same by default. We have also had the same table for MTD for the second leg of a B2B cruise but different wait staff. Our last B2B cruise, March  we did early TD and had the same table and wait staff for both legs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeroTravel said:

Is MTD the only option on some sailings?  Kind of wish for our upcoming cruise we would have the option to choose, as I think traditional would work better for our little one.  

When you board, go to the Main Dining Rooms and there are Maitre Ds that are there to assist and approve any changes/requests.  Do this as soon as you board.

Also, you may contact rcldining@rccl.com with your requests.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

When you board, go to the Main Dining Rooms and there are Maitre Ds that are there to assist and approve any changes/requests.  Do this as soon as you board.

Also, you may contact rcldining@rccl.com with your requests.

Thank you!  We already have our TA on it.  She will make the change for us today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeroTravel said:

I agree that traditional early dining would work better with a little one.  A few years ago, we tried to get consistent MTD early times for our family group with a little one, but could not get a consistent early time each night. I think that issue may be even worse now, since they've changed how MDR table space is allocated between the traditional times and MTD.  Anyway, we were able to change to early traditional dining and it was perfect.

Our wait team paid special attention to our granddaughter.  The high chair was always there.  Each night they brought her a special little kid hors d'oeuvres plate - fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies - as soon as we sat down. She was thrilled!  

Your TA should be able to make the change for you.  Hope your little one has a great time!

1 hour ago, KeroTravel said:

Thank you!  We already have our TA on it.  She will make the change for us today.

Keep what I posted in mind if your table or location is not to your liking.  As soon as I board, I look for my table size and location.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Keep what I posted in mind if your table or location is not to your liking.  As soon as I board, I look for my table size and location.

We have late dining and a table for six.  Our TA set this up for us.  Immediately upon boarding, I head to the Matre'd Deck to check out table assignment and location.  If it is near a serving station or near the kitchen, I request it to be changed.  They are very flexible.

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me why on our April 12 cruise next year on quantum if the seas the earliest they are taking reservations for my time dining is 7pm? Previously we always went about 6pm. I called RCCL but was given a disinterested customer service operator who just told me it starts at 7pm. 
I ask as the shows are on at 8pm and 10pm. The first one is a rush to get to if we dine at 7 and the later is too late. 
Also from what I have been reading people are queuing up over 30 minutes before the doors open even if they have a booked slot so is shows the initial 7pm is too late. 

48 minutes ago, bennob66 said:

Can someone explain to me why on our April 12 cruise next year on quantum if the seas the earliest they are taking reservations for my time dining is 7pm? Previously we always went about 6pm. I called RCCL but was given a disinterested customer service operator who just told me it starts at 7pm. 
I ask as the shows are on at 8pm and 10pm. The first one is a rush to get to if we dine at 7 and the later is too late. 
Also from what I have been reading people are queuing up over 30 minutes before the doors open even if they have a booked slot so is shows the initial 7pm is too late. 

Not sure about the Quantum but on any of the Oasis class ships they don’t take My Time reservations before 7:00pm is because they are actually using the My Time dining room to seat early Traditional diners so they cannot accommodate My Time until later.

They didn’t used to do this because we did My Time dining for a long time but after about 3 cruises with this mess we went back to Traditional.

And this was all before Covid……

2 hours ago, bennob66 said:

Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to in my post above.  All the MDRs seem to have reallocated table space and how it is used. There is more space allocated for early traditional dining now, which is popular. The result seems to be that it's very hard to get early MTD times because most of MTD will happen after early traditional is done.  

17 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to in my post above.  All the MDRs seem to have reallocated table space and how it is used. There is more space allocated for early traditional dining now, which is popular. The result seems to be that it's very hard to get early MTD times because most of MTD will happen after early traditional is done.  

Exactly why we switched from MTD to early (6:00) TD on our March 2022 B2B cruise on the Explorer. When we orginally booked the cruise we selected MTD and reserved 6:00 for each evening, both legs. . About 45 days prior to our sail date RC changed our MTD reservations to 7:15. No way. Called and requested early TD. No problem. The lines waiting for MTD strechted back to Studio B every evening. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bennob66 said:

Can someone explain to me why on our April 12 cruise next year on quantum if the seas the earliest they are taking reservations for my time dining is 7pm? Previously we always went about 6pm. I called  RCCL but was given a disinterested customer service operator who just told me it starts at 7pm. 

On Anthem Easter sail, the earliest MTD was 7PM, however, depending on the capacity in the MDR for the traditionalists you may be able to be seated earlier.  

Edited by nelblu

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Exactly why we switched from MTD to early (6:00) TD on our March 2022 B2B cruise on the Explorer. When we orginally booked the cruise we selected MTD and reserved 6:00 for each evening, both legs. . About 45 days prior to our sail date RC changed our MTD reservations to 7:15. No way. Called and requested early TD. No problem. The lines waiting for MTD strechted back to Studio B every evening. 

As did we 🙂.  Must say it worked out so well, that I have changed all my future booked cruises to early TD.  Don't want to stand in that line to eat late, as is the problem now.    There were many  upset pax in that line every night.  😮 

• Like 1