Making Anytime Dining Reservations through Hub

Brieanna817

5 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

You also can select whether you want a shared table.  If not, you’ll get a table for just your party.

Not saying you are wrong.  but I don't remember doing this in January.  But maybe I did, because we never shared a table.  But the ship was half full.   

4 hours ago, thunderingherd11 said:

Not saying you are wrong.  but I don't remember doing this in January.  But maybe I did, because we never shared a table.  But the ship was half full.   

Yes, there's DEFINATELY, 100% a button where you can choose if you want to share a table in the app. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4

On 8/2/2022 at 5:32 PM, kwokpot said:

Yes, there's DEFINATELY, 100% a button where you can choose if you want to share a table in the app. 

I can confirm the button exists however we were seated the first day at a shared table without requesting one. We confirmed at the front that we were getting a table for 2 after that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhyIsTheRumGone23 said:

I can confirm the button exists however we were seated the first day at a shared table without requesting one. We confirmed at the front that we were getting a table for 2 after that.

i had that happen to me when i use the app to make reservations for the sea day brunch were i was seated at shared table without requesting one. it was annoying

9 hours ago, WhyIsTheRumGone23 said:

Same here.....Sea Day Brunch and it caught me completely off guard.  I was prepared after that to reject the table if we were headed anywhere other than a private table.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:07 AM, jsglow said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, a simple mention to the hostess seating you that you wanted a solo table and the problem would have been resolved instantly.

Once you arrive at a shared table it is very uncomfortable if not rude to reject the table and in a sense the people already seated there. I would rather avoid that situation by confirming with the hostess ahead of time what my wishes were.

• Like 2

My husband is the the one that usually clicks us in on the App but I believe (from watching him do it) you have to select you want to sit alone or shared.  One or the other, and if you select neither then you may end up at a shared table.  So watch for that and click the correct option.

Also, you can click to select how many people you want as long as they are in your room - or if you are sailing with others in a different room you have them linked to your booking as well.  Look at your booking under booking details and cruise companions.  Whoever is here dictates how many you can list for dinner when you check in.

So like us, our upcoming cruise we have 3 rooms linked together - 6 people total. So when we go to check in we can select anywhere from 1 to 6 people.

10 hours ago, wemjam said:

Look at your booking under booking details and cruise companions.  Whoever is here dictates how many you can list for dinner when you check in.

That isn't necessarily true, maybe they changed it since Dec.  I was solo and went with a group on MG, but was not linked to their late dining time as I wanted anytime dining.  A few of the nights some of them wanted to eat earlier, so because I was anytime, I was able to add their names to my reservation for ChiBang at 6pm.  And I remember, because we were actually surprised we were able to do that, since the set dining people are not supposed to be able to go to the free restaurants until after 7:30.  But I was able to do it in the app with no problem.  So we did it a couple more nights after that.

46 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

That isn't necessarily true, maybe they changed it since Dec.  I was solo and went with a group on MG, but was not linked to their late dining time as I wanted anytime dining.  A few of the nights some of them wanted to eat earlier, so because I was anytime, I was able to add their names to my reservation for ChiBang at 6pm.  And I remember, because we were actually surprised we were able to do that, since the set dining people are not supposed to be able to go to the free restaurants until after 7:30.  But I was able to do it in the app with no problem.  So we did it a couple more nights after that.

My comment was only specifically for the main dining room.  Not specialty restaurants.  There is a difference between having a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants and adding or deleting anyone for that and using the hub app and checking in for dinner in the dining room.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:17 PM, WhyIsTheRumGone23 said:

Once you arrive at a shared table it is very uncomfortable if not rude to reject the table and in a sense the people already seated there. I would rather avoid that situation by confirming with the hostess ahead of time what my wishes were.

If I were sitting at a large table, I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone said to the person seating them, "I'm sorry.  We requested a private table.  Would we be able to get one?"  It's not rude to ask for what you originally requested.

Now if someone, upon seeing who was seated, said "Um, I changed my mind. I want a private table", then I might be offended.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wemjam said:

My comment was only specifically for the main dining room.  Not specialty restaurants.  There is a difference between having a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants and adding or deleting anyone for that and using the hub app and checking in for dinner in the dining room.

On the MG, Chibang and Cucina are treated just the same as the MDR.  If you have anytime dining you can check in for all three venues starting at 530 pm and sometimes on night two as early as 500 pm.

We have a group of 10 people in 5 cabins.  My cabin has 2 people.  If we all  want to go to the MDR for anytime dining, can I check in for all 10 or only for the 2 in my cabin?  

We also have reservations for 6PM night 1 at the steak house, and another night at Rudi's.  Do we have to check in for those or just show up at the time of our reservations?  Some of us have never sailed on Carnival and others, including me, haven't sailed with Carnival for several years.

If we all want to sit together at Rudi's or Cucina, should we go earlier in the day to talk to the hostess or someone so we can have a table for 10 or when we check in, will that take care of it?  

Thanks for your help.

23 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

We have a group of 10 people in 5 cabins.  My cabin has 2 people.  If we all  want to go to the MDR for anytime dining, can I check in for all 10 or only for the 2 in my cabin?  

We also have reservations for 6PM night 1 at the steak house, and another night at Rudi's.  Do we have to check in for those or just show up at the time of our reservations?  Some of us have never sailed on Carnival and others, including me, haven't sailed with Carnival for several years.

If we all want to sit together at Rudi's or Cucina, should we go earlier in the day to talk to the hostess or someone so we can have a table for 10 or when we check in, will that take care of it?  

Thanks for your help.

For YTD, go into your Cruise Manager under "booking and order details" and add all of those people as traveling companions (they will have to "accept" on their end).  They will then all appear in your app as available to check in with you, and you can check everyone in to dine together, or select on those who will be dining together that particular evening.

I'm afraid that I cannot answer for the specialty restaurants.

image.thumb.png.ec358ae6462855ad5a30f574d06ae603.png

image.png

1 minute ago, Schoifmom said:

For YTD, go into your Cruise Manager under "booking and order details" and add all of those people as traveling companions (they will have to "accept" on their end).  They will then all appear in your app as available to check in with you, and you can check everyone in to dine together, or select on those who will be dining together that particular evening.

I'm afraid that I cannot answer for the specialty restaurants.

image.thumb.png.ec358ae6462855ad5a30f574d06ae603.png

image.png

Thanks so much.

35 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Thanks for your help.

If you have reservations at the restaurant like the steakhouse, you do not need to check in.  Your reservation does the job, just show up.  As long as your reservation is for the correct number of people then you will not need to do anything else, they should have a table for you.

There is a difference between having an actual reservation and checking in:

Reservation - works just like on land (they know what time you are coming and how many).  Don't need to do anything else.

Check In - (like for main dining room), is you letting them know you are ready to eat now and telling them how many and then they alert you when they have your table ready for you - more like if you walked into a land based restaurant without a reservation and just gave your name and party number to the hostess.  Then they call you when your table is ready.  You just do it in the Hub App wherever you are on the ship and they let you know when you can come down, instead of showing up down there to check in and wait.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 11:10 PM, WhyIsTheRumGone23 said:

Same thing happened to us mid cruise. We just asked the seating person for a private table. They took us back to the front desk and we were reassigned immediately 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:17 AM, wemjam said:

My husband is the the one that usually clicks us in on the App but I believe (from watching him do it) you have to select you want to sit alone or shared.  One or the other, and if you select neither then you may end up at a shared table.  So watch for that and click the correct option.

Also, you can click to select how many people you want as long as they are in your room - or if you are sailing with others in a different room you have them linked to your booking as well.  Look at your booking under booking details and cruise companions.  Whoever is here dictates how many you can list for dinner when you check in.

So like us, our upcoming cruise we have 3 rooms linked together - 6 people total. So when we go to check in we can select anywhere from 1 to 6 people.

Just got back from the Carnival Legend.  The app has a toggle switch that is automatically set for you to have your own table.  If you don't mind sitting with others, you need to toggle the switch to the on position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, katiel53 said:

Thanks for your help.

Regarding your group of 10 for Rudi's or the Steakhouse, if you currently have 5 separate reservations that are not linked, please see the hostess on day one and let them know on the particular day you have your 5 separate reservations for 2 each that you would like a table for 10.  This way your table can be set up and be waiting for you at your reservation time.

• Like 1

Just realize that even though you ask for a table for 2, chances are you'll be lined up with at least 2 other "tables for 2" that are no more than a foot apart. If your neighbors are chatty, it may as well be a table for 6 or 8.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:14 PM, wikoffclan said:

Just realize that even though you ask for a table for 2, chances are you'll be lined up with at least 2 other "tables for 2" that are no more than a foot apart. If your neighbors are chatty, it may as well be a table for 6 or 8.

That is very true; however, one of the things that we like about this set up is that we can chat briefly with those at adjacent tables and then retreat to it being just the two of us.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:14 PM, wikoffclan said:

Yep, but this is where social cues come in.  We don't mind chatting with the people next to us, but we also don't intrude.  Peoples body language, and if they initiate contact in some way pretty much tells you if they want to be left alone or chat. If I don't want to talk to people next to me, I don't even make eye contact.

• Like 1