Checkin photo issue

Momofpuppy

I am having a problem uploading the required photo to complete online checkin for out upcoming cruise.  The message I get says that the photo is not of good quality.  I have tried 15 different photos.  Even went so far as to have a passport type photo taken at CVS.  Error message is till poor qualit.  I have also tried uploading the photo in 2 different browsers and still not luck.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I had some trouble back in March uploading a photo. They can take one when you do your check-in at the port. I just saved the crappy one and they retook it when we checked in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momofpuppy said:

I am having a problem uploading the required photo to complete online checkin for out upcoming cruise.  The message I get says that the photo is not of good quality.  I have tried 15 different photos.  Even went so far as to have a passport type photo taken at CVS.  Error message is till poor qualit.  I have also tried uploading the photo in 2 different browsers and still not luck.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Take a picture of yourself against a plain, white wall. Crop so that there is some white space around your face. Upload

1 hour ago, Momofpuppy said:

It will not let me save any of the photos that have given the error message and it will not show checkin progress of 100% until a photo has been accepted.

They'll do it at the port for you

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

They'll do it at the port for you

This.

For our last cruise I spent a good twenty minutes getting good, quality photos of DW and I to upload.  Then when we got to the pier they took new ones anyway.

Next time I might try uploading a photo of our dog and see if it gets accepted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, The Shrike said:

This.

For our last cruise I spent a good twenty minutes getting good, quality photos of DW and I to upload.  Then when we got to the pier they took new ones anyway.

Next time I might try uploading a photo of our dog and see if it gets accepted.

that's because you spent so much time trying to print your quadruple Queens Diamond Jubilee luggage tags 🤣

• Haha 1

OMG thought I had enough to worry about, lol.  last cruise January 2022,  could not get edocs to 100 percent, although somehow after many tries had photos in place, called Support Services  866-625-1160 , they did something and within minutes and edocs came through.   Why is nothing easy anymore, too darn much technology,  not just right!!!!!!!

• Like 3

We did our check in this morning.  We did ours and I had a picture rejected and then resubmitted the same picture and it was accepted.  Then we did my in laws check in for the same cruise.  My mother in laws picture would not work.  We did many pictures, logged in and logged out.  Did all this over and over like a crazy person, sometimes trying the same thing.  Spent two hours on just getting her checked in, since tech support does not work on the weekends.  Then I went back to the first picture and all of a sudden it was accepted.  NCL has a broken system.  You need to log in and out over and over and keep trying a few different pictures and  then suddenly it will work.  This system sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Am I the only person who has never had a problem uploading a photo to NCL's system?

And am I the only person who could give a (    ) if my picture uploads when they can very easily do it at the port for me?  And while I'm at it, am I also the only person who doesn't care or print luggage tags at home, when they can easily do this at the port for me.  Oh yea, am I also the only person who doesn't come here and ask "when did you get your check-in slot, I can't...oh well a day in the life  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

And am I the only person who could give a (    ) if my picture uploads when they can very easily do it at the port for me?  And while I'm at it, am I also the only person who doesn't care or print luggage tags at home, when they can easily do this at the port for me.  Oh yea, am I also the only person who doesn't come here and ask "when did you get your check-in slot, I can't...oh well a day in the life  

Too many business want to sell you a product and then want you to self check out, self deliver etc. Not many people offering customer service along with the product. Cruise Lines have gone that way in so many areas.

• Like 3

I had loaded up photos of my husband & I for our cruise (that we canceled) in March, without any problem.   I booked this cruise in January and started the check in process.  Don't remember if

we did photos then or not.  Can't go back and check until 3 weeks prior.  Cruise is December 11.

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Am I the only person who has never had a problem uploading a photo to NCL's system?

No, I have never had a problem either.  Took my photo, saved on my desktop, attached to check in document on the first try.  

@The Shrike I didn't try the whole just a dog photo...here's a collection of photos I did try, because I have too much time on my hands:

They just rejected this one with no reasons - I was so handsome. What happened to me? I'm kidding, I know I'm still beautiful.

image.jpeg.330c21d9624e2eb9b151b5daf366ca9b.jpeg

NCL told me I had a hat on. Hmmm...I guess that pillow could be a giant hat. They didn't say the dog was an issue.

image.jpeg.819d7dc1d62b0e21986b7d05acc6f56a.jpeg

Unknown error on this one. The dog was just too darn cute!

image.jpeg.d76e1b61027305ac65e4ae3869bf7bac.jpeg

First one I tried with NCL's in-browser camera - they didn't like it either.

image.jpeg.9ee06dfc3f9d20fb8d2e47feb67e5ae8.jpeg

The winner!!!! This will be what greets the poor port worker when I get to the pier and they have to retake my photo anyway. My husband took a professional looking photo - I bet they'll retake his too. 

image.thumb.jpeg.808e08708bb513ed77a0f6630dc7f8f8.jpeg

Have fun with it - they're going to retake your photo anyway! I may have not included some of the poses as they were even better than the above. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 9 months later...

3 hours trying to get them to accept picture. Would just wait to do it in person but I need a specific checkin time. Why can't they just have a check mark for "Will verify ID at Checkin" They have my address, phone number, email, and credit card information! Why do they need a friggen picture!!!!