Elite cocktail perk

Xcelsior

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If he's not a big drinker two bottles of wine along with the drinks provided during HH should suffice. If I'm around one of the bars just before dinner I get my wine glass topped up to take to the MDR. On my February Edge sailing bartender was pouring me Decoy which is in the Premium package.  There is a pretty good selection of martinis and wines to choose from. 

18 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We've found that we drink less with the beverage package than relying on free drinks. We think it's because of the time limit with the free drinks, you tend to get as many as you can during that time. 

We haven’t sailed since the pandemic and at that time the free drinks, on a seven day cruise weren’t available on embarkation day and the day of the Captains Club party. That make’s five days of free drinks. You must have been really pouring them down since the beverage package is available for seven days, all day, and the free drinks are only five days, two hours a day. Also free versus hundreds of dollars, but as long as it makes you happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:38 AM, dazey said:

You may use your drink perk at the Martini Bar.

But only for the limited Captain's Club menu. Reflection didn’t have it at Martini or World Class Bar 

8 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thank you for this. Can you order any drink you like? I like virgin strawberry daiquiris , I wonder if they would be included?

No frozen drinks of any kind. Cosmo, Kir Royal, rum & coke, white, red wine (dubious vintage) a few beers, a few other drinks

17 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

The Apple Martini is quite nice.

Love the apple martinis in fact there are quite a variety that are included with the Elite perk. If I crave something else during the day I just pay for it  My morning starts off with a mimosa during Elite breakfast 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Love the apple martinis in fact there are quite a variety that are included with the Elite perk. If I crave something else during the day I just pay for it  My morning starts off with a mimosa during Elite breakfast 

You can ask them for other kinds of Martinis too? I didn't know that.

14 hours ago, awhfy said:

No frozen drinks of any kind. Cosmo, Kir Royal, rum & coke, white, red wine (dubious vintage) a few beers, a few other drinks

14 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No they are not on the list and would not be included

Thank you. That’s a shame, I haven’t drunk much since the start of the pandemic so an exciting non-alcoholic drink other than a soda would have been nice!

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If he's not a big drinker two bottles of wine along with the drinks provided during HH should suffice. If I'm around one of the bars just before dinner I get my wine glass topped up to take to the MDR. On my February Edge sailing bartender was pouring me Decoy which is in the Premium package.  There is a pretty good selection of martinis and wines to choose from. 

Thanks! Yeah, he should be fine with a glass of wine at dinner and a cocktail beforehand. It sounds like he can do all of that during the happy hour. He doesn't drink enough to take advantage of an alcoholic beverage package.

16 minutes ago, helenb said:

Thanks! Yeah, he should be fine with a glass of wine at dinner and a cocktail beforehand. It sounds like he can do all of that during the happy hour. He doesn't drink enough to take advantage of an alcoholic beverage package.

Not a fan of frozen mixed drinks except a Pina Colada occasionally but I don't like the ready made mixers so tend to have mainly martinis.

• Like 1

Can anybody provide a fair jusitification for the, IMHO, strange timing 5-7?

It might be nice for people on first seating and workable for some with open seating. Yet, it seems to be totally unfair to people on second seating.

At that I might be getting ready for dinner, but per-dinner drinks is maybe 7.15 or 7.30.

Edited by carlmm

51 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Can anybody provide a fair jusitification for the, IMHO, strange timing 5-7?

It might be nice for people on first seating and workable for some with open seating. Yet, it seems to be totally unfair to people on second seating.

At that I might be getting ready for dinner, but per-dinner drinks is maybe 7.15 or 7.30.

You have it backward.   The people that have early seating only have about 1 hour of free drinks before they dine in the MDR that night.  The free drinks aren’t included in the MDR.   Those that have the late dining have 2 hours.    Order a drink at 7and keep it until you are ready.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅