Trying to clarify when we can book specialty dining

MudderBear

We're on a March cruise in a few months. We have had our specialty restaurants reserved, and paid for, for at least three months now. These are special events - a birthday and later an anniversary - so we wanted to get exactly the venue, date and time we wanted so we booked well in advance. 

2 hours ago, MudderBear said:

So, I had issues trying to book specialty dining, which I won't go into here.  But, in order to avoid making the same mistake......if I am sailing next May, when CAN I make my specialty dining reservations on the App???  Thanks.

You SHOULD be able to now. I’m booked through 2023. IF the App is working.

4 hours ago, MudderBear said:

So, I had issues trying to book specialty dining, which I won't go into here.  But, in order to avoid making the same mistake......if I am sailing next May, when CAN I make my specialty dining reservations on the App???  Thanks.

What no one has asked you so far - and you did not indicate this - are you Platinum or Elite?  Or did you book a Suite?  If you are not those CC Member Levels, then you cannot make dining reservations until you have made Final Payment.  Otherwise, you should be able to make bookings as soon as a deposit is applied.

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

What no one has asked you so far - and you did not indicate this - are you Platinum or Elite?  Or did you book a Suite?  If you are not those CC Member Levels, then you cannot make dining reservations until you have made Final Payment.  Otherwise, you should be able to make bookings as soon as a deposit is applied.

OP had a posting earlier and now started a new one.  OP has Premier Plus and a credit was shown in her account. 

Here you go…

Well, I started a new post to just find out when I can book.  I only sailed once on Princess.  If it matters, as noted above, I booked Premiere Plus so I get two sets of two Specialty Dining.  My final payment will probably be due mid-February if that helps?

41 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Well, I started a new post to just find out when I can book.  I only sailed once on Princess.  If it matters, as noted above, I booked Premiere Plus so I get two sets of two Specialty Dining.  My final payment will probably be due mid-February if that helps?

Yes, that is very important.  You can book your SD after you make final payment.

Anytime if you are Elite, Platinum or a suite guest.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, that is very important.  You can book your SD after you make final payment.

Anytime if you are Elite, Platinum or a suite guest.

Is this only to use the complimentary SDs? We were able to make our SD reservations 8 months out and we are at the lowest tier with only one cruise so far. The charges showed up on our credit card statement within a couple of days. 

Edited by SantaFeFan

45 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Is this only to use the complimentary SDs? We were able to make our SD reservations 8 months out and we are at the lowest tier with only one cruise so far. The charges showed up on our credit card statement within a couple of days. 

This is a complimentary SD using a credit, which is given if you buy the Premier Plus package.

Our cruise is in early December and is fully paid.  We are Platinum and booked in a full suite.  Whenever I go on to the Medallion app, I get a message that reads, "Please check back closer to your journey date to use this feature."  It appears that Princess is very inconsistent in when to allow passengers to book specialty dining.  Our cruise appears to be close to full and I do not want to miss out on our promotional specialty dining.  Will keep checking.

3 hours ago, JRWLOBO said:

Our cruise is in early December and is fully paid.  We are Platinum and booked in a full suite.  Whenever I go on to the Medallion app, I get a message that reads, "Please check back closer to your journey date to use this feature."  It appears that Princess is very inconsistent in when to allow passengers to book specialty dining.  Our cruise appears to be close to full and I do not want to miss out on our promotional specialty dining.  Will keep checking.

I think you get that message when your app isn't working correctly. Some have no issue, others can't book dining at all.

3 hours ago, JRWLOBO said:

Try it on the website version of DMW.

Your concierge will book it for you when you get OB also, so don’t worry about it.

You don’t book the MDR on there, because you will be in the Club Class DR.

Realized it was me and my ignorance of the Medallion app which was preventing me from booking specialty restaurant reservations.   So, if this helps anyone, this is my step-by-step to booking.

*Click on the dining icon on the app (picture of a clock, plate & dining utensils).  This loads the Dine My Way page.

*Click on the second choice: View or book individual daily reservations.  This brings up each day of the cruise along the top. 

*Select which day you are booking the reservation by scrolling along the top and clicking the day you desire.

*Click on the block entitled:  Evening:  Add Reservation

*Click on which guests to add. 

*Click on Continue.  This brings up the specialty restaurants eligible for reservations.

*Click on the Select time and then scroll to the time you want to dine and click on it.

*Click on Select this Table under the restaurant you want to book.  If this does not show up on your restaurant of choice, no reservations are available at that time.

Once you select the restaurant and time, the app asks for a credit card for payment.

There are still a lot of choices for our cruise thank goodness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JRWLOBO said:

Realized it was me and my ignorance of the Medallion app which was preventing me from booking specialty restaurant reservations.   So, if this helps anyone, this is my step-by-step to booking.

*Click on the dining icon on the app (picture of a clock, plate & dining utensils).  This loads the Dine My Way page.

*Click on the second choice: View or book individual daily reservations.  This brings up each day of the cruise along the top. 

*Select which day you are booking the reservation by scrolling along the top and clicking the day you desire.

*Click on the block entitled:  Evening:  Add Reservation

*Click on which guests to add. 

*Click on Continue.  This brings up the specialty restaurants eligible for reservations.

*Click on the Select time and then scroll to the time you want to dine and click on it.

*Click on Select this Table under the restaurant you want to book.  If this does not show up on your restaurant of choice, no reservations are available at that time.

Once you select the restaurant and time, the app asks for a credit card for payment.

There are still a lot of choices for our cruise thank goodness.

Sounds as if you've got it down now! Enjoy the restaurants!

23 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Was able to book SD for our Alaska cruise next May.  AND, was able to use the complimentary dining credits for us and our 2 friends who are traveling with us ( separate cabin).  We are paid in full and booked the premier package.

How did you book that?  For example, if you have friends as Travel Companions and add them to Dining Party and book four into SD, the payment page is going to use your credits and not theirs.