Is trio package needed is staying Yacht club msc

Exploringbeyonddisney

The YC restaurant is very good, but the specialty restaurants are better.   For example, in the YC restaurant you can get a steak that is the same high quality as Butchers Cut specialty restaurant, but in Butchers cut you will get the full steakhouse experience (e.g. bone marrow starter, bread with 3 types of butter, sides etc).

If you are foodies or want an especially glutinous cruise then consider the specialty restaurants as well.  Personally I would not book a dining package if in the YC, as for me the price is not justified by the difference in quality - but that is based on how I value my money - which might be different for others.

• Thanks 1

The answer to the question "is ... needed" is no. 

The food you will get in the YC will most probably have the same or maybe even higher quality.

If you enjoy the different settings in a variety of restaurants, is a different, personal question. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Exploringbeyonddisney said:

Hello, first time MSC cruiser here. Staying in Yacht club level suite. Trying to understand the dining options. Should we consider the trio dining package? (We only have Disney cruises to compare to) Thank you 

If you are first time MSC and first time Yacht Club I would suggest you stick with that experience and fully enjoy it since so much is included already.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Again, Welcome.

I agree with last two posts.

You will have a really good variety of offerings in YC restaurant.

Also, late breakfast and lunch buffet up on Pool deck.
YC lounge also has variety of really nice small bites throughout the day.

We do eat outside YC for one speciality dinner during cruise. Usually Butchers Cut. 
Enjoy your first MSC cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I loved the food in YC restaurant on Meraviglia and Divina.  Butcher's Cut and Kaito Teppanyaki were both very good on Meraviglia, but I found the YC restaurant to be better.  They even fulfilled a special order for three of us on my March cruise.  Both plates were mine!  😁  Desserts were incredible too.

IMG_5089.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Exploringbeyonddisney said:

Thank you everyone for the great insight. I think we might hold off on package.  Is there a dress code for YC restaurant? 

The MSC dress code is smart casual, YC is no different from the rest of the ship for dress code.

14 hours ago, Exploringbeyonddisney said:

Thank you everyone for the great insight. I think we might hold off on package.  Is there a dress code for YC restaurant? 

For dress up night I wear a nice pair of slacks and collared polo. That is fairly common.  A few jackets at times, a few.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, hamrag said:

As do we, and I thoroughly recommend that approach.

As we do, but only because it’s a Diamond perk.  The difference in experience between the YC Restaurant and any of the specialty restaurants is not that great.  Now if you get invited to dine with the Commandante in one of the specialty restaurants the experience will be markedly higher.  😀

• Like 1