Question about dropped ports

jhenry1

What options do you have if many of your ports are dropped due to violence or if the ports are completely changed and the final payment has been made?  This hasn’t occurred yet but could be a possibility with all the cartel violence  Baja Mexico .

13 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Hmmm. Am booked on past-FP 3 November Los Angeles to Lima. Several Mexican ports. If too dangerous or scary, will stay onboard and spend my OBC.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'm curious. I've seen you reference "past-FP" in a couple of threads. What is that?

3 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

What options do you have if many of your ports are dropped due to violence or if the ports are completely changed and the final payment has been made?  This hasn’t occurred yet but could be a possibility with all the cartel violence  Baja Mexico .

We lost a port due to civil unrest after final payment pre Covid. It became a sea day no other option no money back. As posted above read the T and Cs. 
A port or two lost for what ever reason usually nothing happens except a sea day or maybe another port it they can work it out. Major changes….as in start or finish dates or mire than a couple of ports, we have never had that happen.

There has been violence in Baja and Mexico and some cruise lines have canceled ports. The October cruises on Mariner are mostly Baja and West Coast of Mexico. Ensenada, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan are all under warnings to travel.  Big article in the Los Angeles Times yesterday

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.

4 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

I though poster was talking about French Polynesia, so was very confused.

We should compile a CRUCRITDICAC...   "Cruise Critic Dictionary of Acronyms"

Edited by daetchief
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, asnaleah said:

I think the OP means past final payment.

Thanks. That makes sense. And helps me make sense of the postings.

23 hours ago, daetchief said:

We should compile a CRUCRITDICAC...   "Cruise Critic Dictionary of Acronyms"

Great idea. Let’s start with TA. Travel Agent? Trans-Atlantic?  Travel Advance? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Thanks. That makes sense. And helps me make sense of the postings.

Great idea. Let’s start with TA. Travel Agent? Trans-Atlantic?  Travel Advance? 

Yes, all three!  TBD by the context  😉

I hadn't heard about the issues in Mexico.  We have a family trip planned to Puerto Vallarta in January, and my best friend and her husband are leaving for there (same resort) today.  Should I be worried?  She hasn't said a thing to me about it. 

Step notification basically do not travel to Mexico Baja area . Carnival and Royal have cancelled stops due to cartel violence. What I read was that some members of the cartel were arrested and the members are burning and attacking. There was an art iCal in The NY Times about this. If it’s not Covid it is some other issues.  Very hard to make travel plans.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:01 AM, RachelG said:

I hadn't heard about the issues in Mexico.  We have a family trip planned to Puerto Vallarta in January, and my best friend and her husband are leaving for there (same resort) today.  Should I be worried?  She hasn't said a thing to me about it. 

I would not be worried. According to cruise law news.com the two lines are dripping their stop in Ensenada due to gang violence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwn said:

I would not be worried. According to cruise law news.com the two lines are dripping their stop in Ensenada due to gang violence. 

Yes, but, Regent is also stopping there as well as Mazatlan, Mazanillo, Cabo and Puerta Vallarta. All of them are on watch

• 4 weeks later...

And for West Coast of Mexico, there was just a 7.6 earthquake south of Puerto Vallarta and felt in Mexico City.  Wonder if that will affect the cruises.  Tsunami warnings for the area too

Labonnevie, we aren't planning to go ashore in Mexico this cruise in any of those ports.

• Like 1