NON-ALCOHOL COCKTAILS

TomTN

We have the premium beverage package.

I've never ordered a cocktail without booze. Is there a list?  Any that are not sweet?

Does X usually have Heinekein  Non-alc?

We will be sailing from Boston on a NE/Canada cruise in a week.

On the Summit this June,  I noticed nonalcholic cocktail selections on the dinner menu in the main dining room and also on the sunset bar menus that were on the tables.  I often had one for lunch that was fruity and quite refreshing, although it had some sweetness.  I would imagine the lounges would also have similar offerings or that the bartenders could make suggestions.  I hope you find some that you enjoy.

Passport bar has a number of zero alcohol cocktails.. the run about $5 so the classic package is all you need for those. I assume you can get these at other bars as well. I tried to alternate regular cocktails with one of these... they were quite good... some perhaps sweeter than others.. you can also get virgin versions of drinks too

zero alcohol menu.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We've had non-alcoholic Pina Coladas and they're not too bad.

BTW, why the capital letters in the title? Most people consider them rude. 

I have two problems. 1) I seem to touch the caps lock key, and I don't notice it until I look to see how many errors I've made.  2) I'm too lazy to  correct my mistake.  

Sorry to offend

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomBeckCruise said:

I have two problems. 1) I seem to touch the caps lock key, and I don't notice it until I look to see how many errors I've made.  2) I'm too lazy to  correct my mistake.  

Sorry to offend

I'm not offended, just curious. I see it happen a lot and I've always wondered why. 

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Look at THIS list of mocktails and pick a few that you might like.  Print out the recipe and take with you.  Have a bartender make it for you.  Most are sweet, though, a Bloody Mary Mocktail might do the trick.

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks,

They look great.

Hope ya'll are well.

Don't see any cruises booked?

2 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Does X usually have Heinekein  Non-alc?

I would almost swear that I've seen Heineken 0.0 on at least one of our past sailings.  However, given all the supply issues and what-nots, I can't say if it will "usually" be there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mom says said:

Not sure anyone would call a spa cafe smoothie a cocktail, alcohol or not. More like sludge served with a straw.

Mighty delicious sludge, especially the detox smoothie! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We've had non-alcoholic Pina Coladas and they're not too bad.

BTW, why the capital letters in the title? Most people consider them rude. 

Virgin Coladas are delicious, can only recommend them.

If someone finds capital letters rude then "most people" really need a reality check and organize their life priorities. 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Thanks,

They look great.

Hope ya'll are well.

Don't see any cruises booked?

Nope, no cruises.  Still not ready to be cooped up on a ship.  We certainly are not interested in flying on another long distance flight, anytime soon.  We came home from our land trip to London and Paris with Omicron.  Well, at least V did...then he gave it to me!  Not fun as the effects have us still coughing after more than a month.  One of our daughters got it, as well.  Our fault for not wearing mask for most of the trip.  We had taken the 2nd booster 3 weeks before the trip.

We are sticking to beach trips, and will take a another Disney trip with the grandchildren this fall.  We are jealous that you are going back to NE/Canada.  We have looked into another one of those.  Maybe next fall. 😉

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1

My daughter swears by the mudslides from the pool bar (or any bar that can crush ice). She's also had virgin Pina Coladas and virgin Strawberry Daiquiris on Celebrity. Our last cruise was on Royal Caribbean, and she had a lot of fun asking the bartender for something "Non-alcoholic, non-carbonated and fruity" and seeing what they came up with - I don't think she ever got a bad one. She really enjoyed the virgin Painkillers (no nutmeg) at Boleros!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, kk20 said:

I really like the raspberry fizz that’s on their non-alcoholic drink list (but I always get them to add in some vodka 😉)

Is the raspberry fizz sweet or tart? Thanks!

FYI.  Celebrity was using Monin brand syrups in April on Edge.  Presumably they use Monin fleetwide.  Most of the fruit and herb flavors are going to be derived from using the Monin syrups mixed with a base that may or may not be sweet (club soda vs Sprite).   Even the lavender flavor used in some drinks is a Monin Syrup.  (Monin is a fine product, and used in many places, although perhaps not most high end bars).  The exception may be an Edge Bar, or something similar.  That said, we saw the bartenders have a lot of freedom as to how they accomplish a particular drink due to the various combinations of ingredients at each bar, and tools, including full blenders.  Some bars may also have access to fresh non-syrup versions of some flavors, or cartons of juice/flavors.  They may also have a carton of the same mix used for Vanilla soft serve to serve as a base for certain "cream" drinks, but may also have access to cream.  So, if you know what you like, or are picky in how a bartender gets to a result, don't be afraid to ask and "shop" around.  In comparison, at MGM Grand this past weekend at the pool and other bars they have very fixed ways of making their drinks, and the frozen drinks are limited to the selection in the slush machines.  

• Like 1

I generally ask for a virgin colada or virgin mojito if I don’t fancy alcohol. There are some very good non alcoholic gins on the market but I don’t know if celebrity have any. I particularly like Seedlip garden with tonic. 

I’ve seen in Fortnums & Mason a sparkling tea as an alternative to champagne but I’ve not tried it as I like the real stuff.